Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"What else is there to do with a life but waste it away"..what doc is that from?

Started by Ringside, January 20, 2015, 01:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringside

I know this is a VERY long shot, but I remember seeing an old guy being interviewed and he says something along the lines of "Some people say I've wasted my life, but what else is there to do with a life but waste it?

It COULD have been a documentary on vinyl records, I don't know.

Is there anyone here that recognizes it?

Cheers!

newbridge

I can't remember the name of it right now, but there's an interesting documentary (late-90s?) about slightly askew people in NYC who are obsessed with film - like, they devise elaborate spreadsheets to maximize the number of new films they can see per day - and I recall one of the subjects saying something similar to that.

Quisby

That doc is called Cinemania. Fantastic film. But none of the participants is particularly old (except Roberta). That quote made me think of Peter Cook actually.

Noodle Lizard

I'm pretty sure the guy who played Grandpa Seth says something to that effect towards the end of Best Worst Movie.

I believe the verb was "fritter" though.

Ringside

Yeah I THINK it was Cinemania! Thanks so much.

It's been in my head for a while now and I couldn't place it. Gonna go and have a look.

I have seen Best Worst Movie but I don't think what's what I have in mind, as I remember hearing the quote a long time before I saw Best Worst, I may be wrong though......I'll go through that one too.

Thanks all posters, it's appreciated.

Ringside

Nope, I was completely wrong. It was indeed Best Worst Movie.

Thanks again Noodle Lizard, I shall never doubt you again!