Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

i accosted a celebrity today....

Started by mayer, September 15, 2004, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neville Chamberlain

I said "Hello" to Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow in a hotel lobby in Stuttgart once.

Er, that's it.

Jemble Fred

Just as me and a pal were standing by the TV DVD section in Bath WH Smiths on Saturday, half of the cast of Teachers passed by. My colleague only realised who they were when he saw the Teachers DVD right next to us.

I think people should be prepared for the fac t that there must be a series 4.

There's a surprising amount of slebs that live in Bath. Tony Head's just up the road...

hencole

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Heh, nice one Mayer...

I dare the next person to encounter Morris in real life to shout "This is the NEWWWWS!.... ahahah, don't mind me, I'm a bit MAD!!

I'd love to be an estate agent showing him around a  large property and say having entered the courtyard. 'This is the MEWWWWS!'.

Sadly my dream will never be realised.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Quote from: "mikeyg27"
Quote from: "Neil"Was it a proper walkman, or an iPod?  It better not be the latter.

Why? What are you gonna do about  it?

I know exactly what you mean. Poddie cunts.

I notice your intention to come along to the Birmingham meet, and so for the purposes of taunting the poor, i shall bring along my own iPod. Being the cunt that i am...

Well, I,m going to bring my wind up grammaphone with all my classsic hits by cutting edge groups like Sammy B Wilde and his  Crazy  Monkeys, so there!

I also dare you to come and walk through the backstreets of Hackney with those white headphones. Then we'll see who has an ipod...

Being poor is the best way to assure yourself of not losing any valuable possessions

Narshty

Quote from: "Neil"Four Months?  I was sure we'd see it this year.
They'll need a lot of rendering time in post-production for all that speeding-up and slowing-down.

Purple Tentacle

Rather spoiling my entry in the "Tell us three things about yourself" thread, my accidental brush with yer man was when I was on a school trip to see Henry V at the globe theatre, and I stood next to Morris for a couple of hours.

His voice sounded just like Christopher Morris' off that Day Today, it was great.

I said "hello Mr Morris" at the end of the play as I didn't want him to think I was weird, and he said "hello" back. Comedy genius.

He was also very nice and helpful when I was adapting Time to Go.  Dark, disfigured spiteful man that he is.

Didn't jutl spy him at Stanstead Airport wearing a horrible shirt? We should document all his sightings over the past 10 years to build up a profile of his movements.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Didn't jutl spy him at Stanstead Airport wearing a horrible shirt? We should document all his sightings over the past 10 years to build up a profile of his movements.
Thank sound like a recipe for getting this site taken down, to me.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Didn't jutl spy him at Stanstead Airport wearing a horrible shirt? We should document all his sightings over the past 10 years to build up a profile of his movements.

Yes, because obviously I was being deadly serious.

EFB

Quote from: "BetaKarraTene"I was at the Shaun Of The Dead signing session, and I could hardly string 2 words together when trying to pluck up the courage to speak to them.

I was there too! I kept my cool though, even offered His Peggness a twiglet. Which he refused, much to my amusement.

He wrote "get off me you bummer" on my spaced dvds :)

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"

mayer

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"

this is fun, but i don't get it...

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mikeyg27"I also dare you to come and walk through the backstreets of Hackney with those white headphones. Then we'll see who has an ipod...

Being poor is the best way to assure yourself of not losing any valuable possessions

So, this Hackney place of which you speak, it's a bit rough is it? You send around the car, and I'll gladly prove you wrong.

Being poor is the best way of never having any self-respect.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "mikeyg27"I also dare you to come and walk through the backstreets of Hackney with those white headphones. Then we'll see who has an ipod...

So, this Hackney place of which you speak, it's a bit rough is it? You send around the car, and I'll gladly prove you wrong.

Being poor is the best way of never having any self-respect.

Notice my word "poor". Then notice your stupid use of the word "Car".

Actually, it's only certain parts of Hackney. Technically, Hoxton's in Hackney, and that is bursting with poddies

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mikeyg27"Notice my word "poor". Then notice your stupid use of the word "Car".

Isn't it nearly impossible to separate the word 'stupid' from the word 'poor'!

From my experience of observing other motor vehicles on the road, I would say that the majority of their owners are indeed, 'poor'. However, it was your car I was expecting, and seeing as you didn't mention that it was in fact you who were the 'poor' of which you spoke, I merely presumed I was conversing with an economic equal.

My apologies,

Disappointed of Cheshire.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "fanny splendid"I merely presumed I was conversing with an economic equal.

My apologies,

Disappointed of Cheshire.

"Economic equal"!?!  HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not even a student yet! I haven't even got my loan! Oh, how I envy you and your "money".

fanny splendid

Don't forget, when you get your loan you can buy yourself an iPod!

mikeyg27

...or I could demand one for my birthday / christmas (roughly the same time for me) from my parents, which I am considering.

Anyway, sorry for any distress, confusion I have caused anyone.

Jemble Fred

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Purple Tentacle wrote:

QuoteHe was also very nice and helpful when I was adapting Time to Go. Dark, disfigured spiteful man that he is.

Just out of idle curiousity and rampaging jealousy, could you elaborate on that? Sounds interesting...

....excuse my denseness.

Crazy Penis

I'm jealous of you too mayer. I once bumped into Chris Eubank when he was doing a charity bungee jump. I said hello but he was in too much of a hurry to answer me.

I did get to speak to some celebrities as there was also a fishing event going on between soap stars, comediens, sportsmen and other people. I can't remember many of their names as it was years ago but Chris Quentin caught a carp.

Neil

Err, yeah, it's more to do with Box of Slice hopefully satirising the kind of desperate-to-be-trendy fuckwits who need to have all the latest, and most expensive* gadgets, just to bolster their own low opinions of themselves.  

* because the poor are stupid, obviously, and therefore having expensive toys shows us all how intelligent you are, especially when there are gadgets about a third of the price which do the same job.

slim

Quote from: "Crazy Penis"I once bumped into Chris Eubank when he was doing a charity bungee jump. I said hello but he was in too much of a hurry to answer me.

I used to live in Brighton and, down there, you can't get away from this guy! He's always out and about in his jeep, loving his celebrity.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Neil"Err, yeah, it's more to do with Box of Slice hopefully satirising the kind of desperate-to-be-trendy fuckwits who need to have all the latest, and most expensive* gadgets, just to bolster their own low opinions of themselves.  

* because the poor are stupid, obviously, and therefore having expensive toys shows us all how intelligent you are, especially when there are gadgets about a third of the price which do the same job.

When I bought my iPod there was nothing of a similar nature.
I was merely playing the game, that if I have an iPod, then I must be a cunt?

Neil

Quote from: "fanny splendid"I was merely playing the game, that if I have an iPod, then I must be a cunt?

That's not what I was saying at all though.  The idea of Morris trotting along with an iPod and trendy trainers, and then penning a scene in which people go to a barbers, where their image is reflected back by webcams and monitors rather than mirrors...  Ugh.  Y'know?

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Neil"Err, yeah, it's more to do with Box of Slice hopefully satirising the kind of desperate-to-be-trendy fuckwits who need to have all the latest, and most expensive* gadgets, just to bolster their own low opinions of themselves.  

When I bought my iPod there was nothing of a similar nature.
I was merely playing the game, that if I have an iPod, then I must be a cunt?
There was an excellent series of letters to Time Out along these lines. One reader wrote a tirade against iPods, saying something along the lines of "Poddies, or 'Cunts', as they are also known" which of course led to a load of poddies saying "shut up you jealous bastard" and one woman saying "oooh, am I a poddie by defualt?" and other shit along those lines. Basically, nothing was accomplished by either side except to show how gadgets seem to bring out the worst in both the owners and non-owners.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer"Purple Tentacle wrote:

QuoteHe was also very nice and helpful when I was adapting Time to Go. Dark, disfigured spiteful man that he is.

Just out of idle curiousity and rampaging jealousy, could you elaborate on that? Sounds interesting...

Here you go

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "fanny splendid"I was merely playing the game, that if I have an iPod, then I must be a cunt?

That's not what I was saying at all though.  The idea of Morris trotting along with an iPod and trendy trainers, and then penning a scene in which people go to a barbers, where their image is reflected back by webcams and monitors rather than mirrors...  Ugh.  Y'know?

Yes, I know what you were saying about Morris and Box Of Slice. I was playing the game with Mikey.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "mikeyg27"There was an excellent series of letters to Time Out along these lines. One reader wrote a tirade against iPods, saying something along the lines of "Poddies, or 'Cunts', as they are also known" which of course led to a load of poddies saying "shut up you jealous bastard" and one woman saying "oooh, am I a poddie by defualt?" and other shit along those lines. Basically, nothing was accomplished by either side except to show how gadgets seem to bring out the worst in both the owners and non-owners.

Although there is a great range of high capacity mp3 players around now, at the time there was the iPod, and some breeze block called Archaos(?) which wasn't mac compatible, and as an apple user, it was natural for me to save time and hassle by purchasing the apple product.

Crazy Penis

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Crazy Penis"I once bumped into Chris Eubank when he was doing a charity bungee jump. I said hello but he was in too much of a hurry to answer me.

I used to live in Brighton and, down there, you can't get away from this guy! He's always out and about in his jeep, loving his celebrity.

Blimey! After the episode I had with him I had him I never thought he was like that. Serves me right for going by first impressions. Cheers for changing my ill-informed view of the fella.

Rats

What makes me laugh is that mangoliver has an ipod and I have a 128mb 50 quid job. He's too scared to take it anywhere so there's us both on the train, me sitting back reading my book and enjoying the chowns how, and him having to read a copy of nuts with abby titmuss on the cover.
I noticed the white headphones thing too, very clever.