Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

i accosted a celebrity today....

Started by mayer, September 15, 2004, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Book signing from Michael Palin this morning. Book signings are horrible – for the signer certainly, but for the signee, it's not quite the same as 'accosting' them.

Neil Innes at 7pm – maybe if I go for a walk I could accost him.

Cambrian Times

Mark Webber is STILL the nicest bloke in the world ever.

After not having seen him for 9 years, I summoned a little courage to have a little chat with him at the outside the BFI. Just small talk, nothing major. It was just lovely to see him again!

23 Daves

I was waiting for somebody else to bump this thread to say...

...that far from me accosting a celebrity, a celebrity bothered me last week.  I was in Riverside Studios in Hammersmith and Hugh Scully shoved past me quite forcefully whilst I was at the bar.  Most uncalled for.  To make matters more odd, he had a nametag with "Hugh Scully" written on it (in case I was in any doubt) and Frank Bough was hanging around with a nametag on as well.  I could have asked them what it was all about, but after the bar barging I'd just received, I thought better of it. 

thepuffpastryhangman

Steve Hodge in T K Maxx last Friday.

An tSaoi

You know that fella who presents Stormount Live? Of course you don't. Well I walked past him in Botanic Gardens the other week. He was holding an umbrella.

turnstyle

Ash Atalla, about 30 minutes ago, on Cleveland Street.

I assume Gervais was close by, preparing to wheel him into oncoming traffic for larks.

Serge

We had that Luke Haines in our shop doing an acoustic instore tonight. In common with all the other times I've encountered him, he was very pleasant. Though my boss said he found him grumpy, but he can rub people up the wrong way. (My boss, not Luke Haines, though I suppose.....er, yeah.)

But as much of a fan of the magnificent Mr Haines as I am, I was even more excited to see that one of the people who'd turned up to see him perform was actress Caroline Catz. Despite being in loads of ITV stuff that I never watch, I've always really liked (alright, fancied) her. So I was even more impressed that she was a Luke Haines fan. I practically passed out, however, when, after the set, she bought a copy of the new Krautrock book. My new ideal woman, despite her being married, DAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNN!

Didn't simondykes work in that shop?

EDIT: don't answer that, I'm an idiot

Serge

Yeah, but we had to let him go for bad punctuation.

dr beat

QuoteBut as much of a fan of the magnificent Mr Haines as I am, I was even more excited to see that one of the people who'd turned up to see him perform was actress Caroline Catz. Despite being in loads of ITV stuff that I never watch, I've always really liked (alright, fancied) her. So I was even more impressed that she was a Luke Haines fan. I practically passed out, however, when, after the set, she bought a copy of the new Krautrock book. My new ideal woman, despite her being married, DAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNN!

But sir, surely I think you'll find, I saw her first!!*  (*All Quiet on the Preston Front).

You are verily a cad and a bounder sir, a DUEL!!! (*desparately searches round desk for gauntlet to slam down*)

Seriously though, thats amazing.  I take it she is as pretenaturally lovely in the flesh as she is on the screen?

Serge

Even more lovely in the flesh. You're right about seeing her first, as I just checked the date of the first thing I ever saw her in - 'In Denial Of Murder', a 2 part thing based on a real-life murder case in Derbyshire - which was in 2004. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, she had a beehive hairstyle in that, which is pretty much what she had when she came into the shop the other night - if only more famous people were as considerate as to recreate the look they had when you saw them on telly.

I looked her up on Wikipedia, which says she sang with two different bands years ago, and also once sang with the Jesus And Mary Chain, so Luke Haines and Krautrock isn't that much of a leap from there.

Next week: Niamh Cusack reveals her love of the works of Howard Devoto and I lose my head again.

Braintree

I've had LOTS(TWO) Celeb Spots this week. First Margaret from Apprentice on Malet Street, looking stressed and anxious about her PHD at Birbeck, I expect and Phil Cornwell on 38 bus getting on at Essex Road, also looking stressed.

turnstyle

A couple of weeks ago, but Stephen Merchant and Sean Hughes together at the Alexander Palace Morrissey gig.

I heard that Russell Brand was there too, but luckily I didn't spy him.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: turnstyle on November 24, 2009, 02:46:28 PM
A couple of weeks ago, but Stephen Merchant and Sean Hughes together at the Alexander Palace Morrissey gig.

Morrissey could do with having Sean around at the moment to pull his socks up.

"I've seen it so many times before... Grow up, Morrissey."

dr beat

QuoteFirst Margaret from Apprentice on Malet Street, looking stressed and anxious about her PHD at Birbeck, I expect

I bet she was going to drown her sorrows in the ULU Bar, the lush!

Jemble Fred

So Nic Cage turns on the Bath Christmas lights at 6.30pm today. I can't miss that. Not after all the work the community has put in to making a 30ft Wicker Man to burn him in. News reports say he feels 'privileged and excited'. If only he knew what was ahead...

Xmas is a-comin' in....

Ambient Sheep

We have Stavros Flatley doing ours today.

By ours I mean the town's, not the ones on our house that don't actually exist.

23 Daves

I let a door shut on a man wearing a very heavily done-up parka jacket the other day, very much like Kenny out of South Park.  I apologised and immediately re-opened the door for the gent, and the voice of Bob The Builder popped out: "No problem!"

He undid his hood as he entered the building, and I'm sure - absolutely sure - it was Neil Morrissey who wandered past me chirping "Terribly cold, isn't it?"

I was immediately struck by his chirpiness, if a bit poleaxed by the situation as you can imagine. 

Glebe

I saw Sinead O' Connor in the local chemist this afternoon.

rudi

Quote from: Glebe on December 06, 2009, 05:12:08 PM
I saw Sinead O' Connor in the local chemist this afternoon.

Buying something? I always assumed she did not want what she hadn't got already.

Glebe

The Masked Unit

Probably went and ate her dinner in a fancy restaurant straight after.

hoverdonkey

I saw Kerry from CBeebies in Waterloo station the other night.

I'd been out in the afternoon for some Christmas drinks with my brother so felt no hesitation in actually running after her and telling her how much my son loved her. She was very, very sweet, considering I was clearly a little drunk. I skipped to my train very excitedly.

Brilliantly, when I told Mrs Donkey, she asked me how I knew it was definitely her...