Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fortitude (Sky Atlantic)

Started by CaledonianGonzo, January 30, 2015, 12:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermitical

I honestly can't tell - is this worth a watch?

Milverton

I'm ten minutes into the final episode. So far, no it isn't.

CaledonianGonzo

I'm an actual soothsayer on this shit.

Alberon

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on April 09, 2015, 06:19:50 PM
Last I heard any second season would be a True Detective-esque new cast / new location deal.

From the Grauniad

QuoteNone of the cast for the second series have been announced ahead of the final episode, but Sky head of drama Anne Mensah, who is also an executive producer on the show, said she expects those who make it to the end of the series alive to return.

Whatever the case it will be set in the same town.
Spoiler alert
Not that many made it to the end.
[close]

Am I right in thinking,
Spoiler alert
the kid who did the first murder wasn't infected
[close]
? So is this something that will be picked up next series?

As to whether it's worth watching? Fucked if I know, and I watched the whole damn thing.

CaledonianGonzo

Fair enough.  Definitely looks like things have moved on since the last thing I read.  Though now that the cat's out the bag with what was actually going on I dunno what the incentive would be to tune back in.

Unless it's to find out what the deal is with Ingrid and Petra.

As to whether to bother with it at all...  Hmm...I couldn't honestly recommend it wholeheartedly as it was a bit all over the place and neither one thing nor t'other, with awkward romcommery nestling up next to Cronenbergian body horror.  I don't doubt that many years hence it will find its defenders as a cult curio that people ignored because it was too out there for them, but I definitely wouldn't prioritise it over Better Call Saul or new Game of Thrones.

wooders1978

Just watching it now - this is some hokey shit man

wooders1978

Spoiler alert
Wasps? Why we're there wasps in the artic???
Someone's not thought it through
[close]

Milverton

Quote from: Alberon on April 09, 2015, 11:01:53 PM
As to whether it's worth watching? Fucked if I know, and I watched the whole damn thing.

That's a pretty solid assessment.

Dropshadow

The only good thing I can say about this huge disappointing plop of a series is that it'll make the new run of Twin Peaks look good by comparison.

Black Ship

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 10, 2015, 06:44:11 PM
Spoiler alert
Wasps? Why we're there wasps in the artic???
Someone's not thought it through
[close]

Spoiler alert

fatguyranting

Watched them all but can't help feeling I wasted my time. I'd have much preferred it if it had gone all out Guy.N.Smith and called itself 'MAMMOTH'.

greenman

Spoiler alert
Worth watching as a drama I would say which the nutty "feeder" guy at the end made pretty clear was ultimately the point rather than being a 10 hour X-files episode.
[close]

robotam

Season 2 of this was all bunged up on Sky at once. I've season about 4 episodes of it.
- I enjoy it. It's fucking shit, but also quite fun. A bit sillier than I remember the first season being.
- It looks really nice. I reckon I'd put up with all of the
Spoiler alert
murder
[close]
and
Spoiler alert
peril of a supernatural seeming manner
[close]
if I was allowed to live in Fortitude.

thr0b

Season 2 is better than season 1, if only for allowing Richard Dormer to play the same role in an almost entirely different way, complete with pointy-devil-beard and everything.

But also because it's an interesting, almost believable premise, being based at least roughly in the realms of scientific probability. To a point.

It does have an alarming Hollyoaks-esque habit of dropping plot threads without explanation.

I like it.

Twit 2

First series was watchable tosh. I like watching them walk around in the cold while I'm snuggled on the sofa.

Twit 2

Ok I urge everyone to watch series 2. It's still nonsense but it's changed tone, it's a lot more fast paced and OTT. Richard Dormer is fantastic, Ken Stott gnaws the scenery, it's just great fun. It's kinda like American Horror Story's shift from season 1 to 2, where the first series took itself too seriously for what is clearly tosh, but the second series seems to embrace its silliness.

Twit 2

I think there's a new series of this. Anyone seen it?

robotam

Aye. It's only 4 episodes long. Still stupid as fuck. Still pretty fun.

Dropshadow

Just watched the four episodes of this, and it was really, really good. The growth of the "Evil Dan" character was spellbinding and I liked the vampiric femme-fatale character too. It would have been interesting to see what a full series would have looked like, but the whole thing was just hurriedly wrapped up. Shame.