Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnny Ramone RIP

Started by zozman, September 16, 2004, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozman

Dunno how common this knowledge is but Johnny Ramone has died.  Dunno much else to be honest......  Not much good am I?

mayer

Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"Only Tommy's left now.

when Joey died we had a bet at my old uni, and i bet that, despite his age, his clean living would mean that Tommy would outlive the lot.

however we were including CJ, Marky and Ritchie, so it's still all up for grabs.

Rest In Peace Johnny, i hope they let Republicans into Rock and Roll heaven.

splattermac

I've stuck a poignant picture of him on my desktop by way of a R.I.P, the Ramones really did and still do give me joy joy feelings, aww shit it's a bummer.

Roll on October 1st, when this hits the UK , http://www.endofthecentury.com/

Docu film 'Ramones - End of the Century'

cilamc

Aw that's sad news - all in such a short space of time too.

R.I.P. Johnny!

Spiteface

Quote from: "mayer"
Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"Only Tommy's left now.

when Joey died we had a bet at my old uni, and i bet that, despite his age, his clean living would mean that Tommy would outlive the lot.

however we were including CJ, Marky and Ritchie, so it's still all up for grabs.

Rest In Peace Johnny, i hope they let Republicans into Rock and Roll heaven.

How can you be a punk and a republican?

I know it did clash with the other band members - He wouldn't play on "Bonzo goes to Bitburg" because of his politics.

A sad loss.

I hear "End of the Century" makes for really diffcult viewing. In Mojo it points out a part where CJ basically blames Johnny for effectively killing Joey by making him tour when the band knew Joey was unwell. Certainly can't have helped anyway.

Anyone buying the "Ramones Raw" DVD out next week?

dirkfunk

i made dee dee ramone a cup of tea