Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Game of Thrones - series 5

Started by Thomas, January 31, 2015, 11:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Right, fucking listen here, you.

Norton Canes

Disappointing. I was expecting a satisfyingly grisly scene of him being flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton.

mook

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 13, 2015, 01:26:18 PM
Disappointing. I was expecting a satisfyingly grisly scene of him being flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton.

it might happen next season.

Thursday

Is the next stage going to be Bargaining? Is British Hobo going to be looking into paying the producers to keep Stannis alive?

mook

he is deffo alive though mate - brienna got a cheeky arrow in the neck when stannis gave the "do your duty" order to one of his last remaining alive & loyal soldiers.

Norton Canes

Or maybe, right, she was about to whip his head off, but at the last moment thought "No... I'll take him to Winterfell for a satisfyingly grisly scene of him being flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton".

Alberon

AND he won't appear again in it.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Thursday on July 13, 2015, 02:17:00 PM
Is the next stage going to be Bargaining? Is British Hobo going to be looking into paying the producers to keep Stannis alive?

Cheque's already in the post, mate.

Sam

Quote from: greenman on May 07, 2015, 02:59:48 PM
Its possible I spose although I suspect what will happen is that Jon's asking for help will be largely ignored and instead he'll look to an alliance with the wildlings. Tormund has already been setup to be a potential ally and seems the natural person to take over from Mance as leader. Maybe notable that Jon gave Janos the task of rebuilding one of the abandoned castles on the wall, reminding the viewer they exist before potentially having him allow the wilding tribes use them? the Nightswatch owns the land below the wall so it would potentially be Jon's to give as well.

Going back to the speculation earlier about Jon, spoilered but just my guess...

Spoiler alert
I suspect that if he does turn out to be the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen it will be less about any potential claim to the throne and more about combining the two bloodlines, Starks with there Warging ability and Targaryens with there influence over Dragons and immunity to fire, maybe Jon controlling the dragons to fight the Walkers?
[close]

Sam

MuteBanana

Isn't Bran going to be the one to control the dragons? He needs some excitement before he becomes that tree thing.

Sam

Sam

Quote from: NoSleep on June 15, 2015, 10:17:19 AM
My favourite bit was
Spoiler alert
"My Valyrian is a bit nostril"
[close]

Sam

Don't what's going on, just seems to be quoting and posting whenever I read this thread. On smartphone view so that's probably why.

Anyway GOT is a great bunch of Knights. Started watching before Xmas and just finished s5e10 yesterday.

The scene when Stannis tells that story and hugs his daughter moved me to tears. Great performances from both. It's a testament to the show that it's so believable he'd watch her burn, that those two sides of the same man co-exist.

I love any fiction that says 'the world is shit and full of cunts'.

Peter Dinklage - is there a single second when he isn't on form? Unbelievably charismatic acting, he just improves every scene he's in.

Anyway, I'll move over to the more recent/s6 threads now I guess.

NoSleep

That other one's just a nest of ugly rumours. A season 6 thread has yet to blossom.

monolith

If Jon Snow just fucking wargs in to a dragon then that's the shittest "twist" of all time (not spoilering as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere by anyone involved with the show, was just some guy on the internet's theory).

Didn't think GOT would "jump the shark" but there's a possibility of a Dexteresque decline in quality if that's the sort of shit that's coming.