Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Apotheon

Started by Viero_Berlotti, February 04, 2015, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viero_Berlotti

http://youtu.be/9dhfsg1waxk

Out today this on PC and free to PS+ subscribers on PS4. Stylistically it looks lush, can't wait to see it in 1080p when I get home from work tonight. Early reviews are looking universally positive, with one reviewer likening it to a side-scrolling Dark Souls.

Anyone played it yet?

Hollow

I gave it a go last night...although not bad gameplay wise I'm really not liking the art style or the character movement at all.

Stiff awkward animation...I get why it's like that...trying to look like old greek art innit? Not for me though.

That said...not a bad game to play.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Hollow on February 05, 2015, 01:23:53 PM
I gave it a go last night...although not bad gameplay wise I'm really not liking the art style or the character movement at all.

Stiff awkward animation...I get why it's like that...trying to look like old greek art innit? Not for me though.

That said...not a bad game to play.

Being a big fan of classical art and Greek mythology (watched all the boxsets at least twice) I'm loving the art style. I like the animation as well, has a very Oliver Postgate feel to it.

Gameplay wise it is true, there is more than a nod to the Souls series, but it works. I'm not far into it yet, just got to Hades, but this feels very playable and is a very polished experience so far.