Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Going Clear: HBO vs Scientology

Started by Hank Venture, February 11, 2015, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

It also serves the purpose of giving scientologists something to respond with to those they encounter who have seen the video, setting up the creator of the film as a propagandist, which might serve to shut up any further immediate criticism of the church in their presence (thus protecting them from doubt).

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: NoSleep on April 12, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
It also serves the purpose of giving scientologists something to respond with to those they encounter who have seen the video, setting up the creator of the film as a propagandist, which might serve to shut up any further immediate criticism of the church in their presence (thus protecting them from doubt).

Exactly. They have to play the propaganda card first before they get accused of it.

Consignia

I liked it. It covered quite a lot of old ground, and it was quite long, but the last third was brilliant hearing reflective thoughts of the defected top brass. I mean I've loads stories of individuals escaping, but here we had the top enforcers.

Beagle 2

This was on tonight on Sky Atlantic. Er, yeah, certainly an eye-opener. I wonder what's going to happen to all that cash and property when the whole lot comes inevitably crashing down.

Tom Cruise. What a cunt.