Author Topic: Chris Morris Music Shows  (Read 7085 times)

The Giggling Bean

• When The Bean Giggles The World Jiggles
Chris Morris Music Shows
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
I had a run of bad luck the other day. I had the complete run of Blue Jam and the music shows on my memory card for my MP3 player up until yesterday. For some reason my computer went a bit mad and has wiped the card clean so I've lost everything. I found, and downloaded Blue Jam. However are there still downloadable copies of the R1 shows knocking around here? Would any kind soul share them with me again please? I found a torrent with some of them on but I'd have to download Brass Eye, The Day Today and On The Hour as well and I already have them.

Any help is greatfully appreciated. Help me get fat on cream again.

The Giggling Bean

Re: Chris Morris Music Shows
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the link Thrashbarg, unfortunately it seems to be dead. It says I broke it, but I never did, I just went there and boo hoo hoo (and more Stan Laurel style blubbering).

Does anyone have these that they wouldn't mind sharing pleeaaassseee?

Old Thrashbarg

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
Hmm, weird. Possibly some redirection being done because it's being visited from internally. Anyway, http://goo.gl/j9LzuT should see you right.

DJ Solid Snail

• Make it quick, Fitzgerald
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
If any of those don't work, there's also the CaB Mediafire folder.

The Giggling Bean

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
Thanks very much everyone who helped. For some reason none of the links would let me download any of the shows............HOWEVER, idiot that I am, I remembered that I had them all on CD from years ago in a box upstairs. After a half hr search I found them and a GLR compilation.

soraya

• Racist Tagger
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
In episode 5 (i think)  Moris says "soliciting public opinion is the stupidest idea since buying Leon Britain wallpaper for children". 

What did he know?

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 11:43:42 PM »
Is it known how Chris Morris wrote these? On his own?

Spiral King

• Ranch or Cool Ranch?
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 03:01:38 AM »

With Peter Baynham, I think. SOTCAA has an article featuring a draft of one of the episodes that gives you a glimpse of their writing sessions and how it developed to what appeared on air.

dex

• Maybe, but there again maybe not.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 08:38:17 AM »
In episode 5 (i think)  Moris says "soliciting public opinion is the stupidest idea since buying Leon Britain wallpaper for children". 

What did he know?

What did he know, indeed? I remember on one of his R1 shows him talking about Jimmy Saville and the occupants of Stoke Mandeville hospital. This was back in '94 too.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 05:58:57 AM »
With Peter Baynham, I think. SOTCAA has an article featuring a draft of one of the episodes that gives you a glimpse of their writing sessions and how it developed to what appeared on air.

That would make sense I suppose, thanks.

muddybug

• Lesson: If you see a stranger, follow him!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 06:12:58 AM »

If I’m remembering correctly, he only wrote the GLR and earlier radio shows by himself.

Tags: