Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New "Alien" movie coming from Neill Blomkamp

Started by surreal, February 19, 2015, 07:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Glebe

Glebe

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on July 13, 2016, 07:11:10 PM
Sigourney Weaver says stalled Aliens sequel would 'give this woman an ending'.

Not sure if there's really any fresh info there, but there yah go.

I don't know if she remembers filming Alien3, but her character already had an ending.  Sigourney Weaver seems like the kind of person who enjoys raking in obscene amounts of cash whilst having numerous bites of cherries.  I bet she over-eggs puddings while she's at it.

She's also quite stupid because she says this:

Quote"It's a tribute to all of the great work that the other directors have done, in a way, but goes in a completely new direction. I hope we'll do it."

It's clearly not a tribute to the directors of the third and fourth Alien films is it (unless "fuck you" is what she means with "in a way").  What a tremendous fucking dunce.

Shaky

Think you're being a bit harsh on old Sigourney, Replies. I genuinely think she loves the character and has been interested in a follow-up for the last 20 years (for more than financial reasons) - remember that this new iteration is largely Blomkamp's idea, too. The guy can probably do hypnosis and shit.

Still... this film should never happen. It does smell quite wrong. As I tediously intoned on a previous page, Ripley's death in Alien 3 gives the saga some "bottom", as they say.

Steven

Weaver was already from a rich socialite family before she even began her acting career, so she doesn't exactly need the bux.

Glebe

Dr Rock

Walking past Muswell Hill Odeon yesterday, noticed a crowd, and they were showing Alien. And they were filming the crowds go in, like it was a premier. Didn't stick around to see if Sigourney Weaver was there or anything. Any idea what that was all about?

Bad Ambassador

Dr Rock

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on July 22, 2016, 12:41:29 PM
Dramatisation?

It could've been - I don't know what for though. The Muswell Hill Odeon listings shows no sign of Alien being on yesterday.

Also, it couldn't have been a dramatisation of people going to see Alien back when it came out, as people in front of the camera didn't seem to be wearing all 1979s clothes. But the movie poster did feature an X certificate, not an 18, which I hadn't seen for decades.

pandadeath

Is there supposed to be a trailer for Alien: Covenant showing up at Comic Con? It's about a year away from release, so now seems like the right sort of time for the first teaser so it seems weird that we haven't seen one yet.

Glebe

Quote from: pandadeath on July 23, 2016, 09:35:16 PMIs there supposed to be a trailer for Alien: Covenant showing up at Comic Con? It's about a year away from release, so now seems like the right sort of time for the first teaser so it seems weird that we haven't seen one yet.

Seems to have been trailers for everything else except Alien: Covenant. Ah well.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on July 24, 2016, 01:17:35 AM
Seems to have been trailers for everything else except Alien: Covenant. Ah well.

It's probably just not actually being made.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on July 24, 2016, 12:54:30 PMIt's probably just not actually being made.

Indeed, maybe Ridley Scott's gone barmy and he's only pretending to make films now.

Glebe

mobias

I'm sorry but this film is going to be utter shit. No doubt about it. Prometheus proved that Ridley Scott has no grasp of what made Alien great and no gasp of what makes a great horror film in this day and age.

If I'm wrong about all this I'll be delighted but sadly I won't be wrong.

Replies From View

Quote from: mobias on August 05, 2016, 07:15:20 PM
I'm sorry but this film is going to be utter shit. No doubt about it. Prometheus proved that Ridley Scott has no grasp of what made Alien great and no gasp of what makes a great horror film in this day and age.

If I'm wrong about all this I'll be delighted but sadly I won't be wrong.

Yes but think of the excitement as we build up for an entire year to the utterly shit film!

Dr Rock

I think they should keep Ripley but have her fight some different aliens. I'm bored of the xenomorphs now.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Prometheus was shit for cunts, but I'd lay the blame squarely at the feet of Damon Lindelof and his crummy script.

Quote from: A. CuntIt's so ambitious.

Blumf

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 08, 2016, 03:37:36 PM
I think they should keep Ripley but have her fight some different aliens. I'm bored of the xenomorphs now.

How about that beachball alien from Dark Star?

Glebe

Glebe

Neill Blomkamp teases "new", non-Alien 5 project.

QuoteCuriously, the eerie-looking head bears a passing resemblance to one of the Engineers from Prometheus - albeit with the kind of strange distortions that look like something out of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Also reminds me of one the Goblin Market guys in Hellboy II. Anyhoo, intriguing stuff...

Replies From View

I take it these 'Neomorphs' will be able to stop bullets in mid-air and fly about like Superman and stuff.