Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New "Alien" movie coming from Neill Blomkamp

Started by surreal, February 19, 2015, 07:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Glebe

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Walter the Wobot?

In keeping with the rest of the series, he should be called something starting with an E.

Thomas

I have watched (the Assembly Cut of) Alien 3. I have to agree with St_Eddie's very eloquent review on the previous page.

Crash-landing on planet of the rapists and killing off yer ones at the beginning sets a startlingly nihilistic, 'anyone can die, anything can happen' storytelling ethos after the action adventure of Aliens, but the conclusion of the film also means an elegant arc for Ripley. The universe is grubby, dank, and filled with horrible acquaintances. The alien itself is menacing and creepy again. Far less rapid-fire army stuff. Paul McGann and Charles Dance are in it.

Yeah. Think I'll leave my viewing at that.

Steven

Quote from: Thomas on December 17, 2016, 06:21:58 PM
Far less rapid-fire army stuff. Paul McGann and Charles Dance are in it.

And Ralph Brown, they could have cast Richard E. Grant and Richard Griffiths while they were at it looking for British thesps and had a proper Withnail reunion.

Marwood: Monty I hoped to avoid telling you this, but there's an Alien on the loose outside this space prison complex.

Monty: Is this true?

Withnail: Well, there's this local type. Alien. We got into a bit of a tiff and he threatened me with an inner set of pharyngeal jaws located at the tip of a long, tongue-like proboscis. Yes, it was rather amusing acutally. When you came into the prison refinery we thought it was him and we thought that you cleaning your space boots was him melting the floor with his acid blood.

Monty: Oh, how delicious!

Marwood: I'm going for a space walk.

Monty: Oh, wait for us dear boy, we'll all go!

Fuck you Fincher, that would have been a much better movie.

Custard

I LOVE the Alien 3 Assembly Cut. It's a cracking film, and a perfect end to Ripley's story

Never seen Resurrection, and doubt I will ever bother

Just finished reading the first Omnibus of the Aliens comic from the 90's, and I'd recommend that to any fans of the film. Gets the tone right, and the alien(s) are, of course, fucking terrifying. A good story, too. That said, I dunno why they made the pages so bleedin' small, as dodgy eyed cunts like me really have to strain at times

Glebe

Glebe

Bloody New Alien: Covenant Image Proves This Film Is Going For Gory Horror.

Quotethe first trailer for Alien: Covenant, which will arrive before the end of the year

Coo!

[FAKE EDIT]

Exclusive new look at Katherine Waterston in Alien: Covenant.

Small Man Big Horse

It's not exactly what we might have hoped for but Blomkamp has just released a twenty minute short film which Sigourney Weaver narrates and stars in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs - it's quite fun, with a post apocalyptic earth being slowly destroyed by a bunch of mean aliens.

Bogbrainedmurphy

Bit of an Alien... Resurrection... this thread, but I didn't want to invade the comic book thread as I'd feel a bit of a JCL, haven't bought a comic in years.

Anyway, first issue of "William Gibson's Alien 3" came out yesterday at Forbidden Planet, based on the original unmade script of Alien 3. It's a bit on the short side this Part 1, but I'm really interested to see this played out as I've not read the script before.

Ahh I love Hicks.

thraxx

Quote from: Bogbrainedmurphy on November 15, 2018, 11:16:44 AM

Ahh I love Hicks.

That's Corporal Hicks to you, he's not just a grunt, he has authority here.  Am I right?

Bogbrainedmurphy

Quote from: thraxx on November 15, 2018, 11:29:41 AM
That's Corporal Hicks to you, he's not just a grunt, he has authority here.  Am I right?

Yeeaah, that's right.

Custard

Maybe this'll finally go ahead, now a Halloween that ignores sequels has made a load of dough

I still think Ridley will get at least one more go, though

Operty1

I hope he gets to finish what he started, as it seems a shame to just end the story after Covenant, but he's 80 now, with a work slate that would see him to at least his mid 80's.

Was disappointed that Covenant didn't get the Director's Cut treatment on home release, there was much more footage shot apparently. I thought Prometheus really benefited from it. (though still had some daft choices in there)