Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperately Seeking Bonnie & Sheila

Started by Neil, September 17, 2004, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I'm a big fan of "Various Artists" compilations, I'm a musical gorb who wants to binge on as much music as is humanly possible, so they let me check out a whole bundle of different artists in the time it would take to listen to a standard album.  Yay.  Fairly recently, a song on a VA compilation leapt out and grabbed me, in fact to paraphrase Sven, it grabbed me by the throat, wrestled me to the ground and kicked me to death.  It's called "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Bonnie & Sheila, and I adore it.  This track is a perfect pop record, just under three minutes long, with some incredibly enjoyable vocal stylings, hooks in abundance, and, oh, it's just perfect, I really can't get enough of it.  It's funky, sassy, catchy...three listens and you're hooked.  

The thing is, who the hell are Bonnie and Sheila?  Does anyone know?  After weeks of having them in my soulseek wishlist I finally found another track by them called "I Miss You" and it's...ok.  No great shakes on the first few listens, but it could well be a grower.  Thing is, I just can't find info about Bonnie & Sheila anywhere, the AllMusic.com entry lacks a biography, and google searches throw up nowt.  Does anyone out there know anything about these two ladies?   I'd love to hear more of their work, but I'd also really like to know more about them.

I'll stick up an mp3 of "You Keep Me Hanging On" soon.