Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Russell Brand Podcast (NEW SHIT with MATT MORGAN)

Started by BritishHobo, February 22, 2015, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Quote from: SimonJT on April 01, 2015, 10:19:06 PM
In today's episode, Matt
Spoiler alert
mentioned his breakup in Australia, and Russell didn't mock him for it.
[close]
Quite disappointed tbh

Aye, I was waiting for that. You could tell in the self-deprecating way Matt said it that he was expecting something.

amnesiac

ever since I discovered this thanks to CAB I have been listening to it from the start and also in real-time, I'm up to Episode 5 and 11, I loved the bit about not recognising the Dail Lama if he was in a dress without the glasses, I was laughing on the Thameslink train (not a real train) and the woman next to me (youngish but with a walking stick) gave me a look and I was embarassed. 
These are so wonderful and now precious to me, they're my new favourite thing ever, Matt is sucha driving force in these podcasts moreso than before and deserves as much if not a little bit less credit than Brand.

Thomas

I had to pause and take a moment to compose myself after Matt's impression of Russ as a robot pretending to enjoy basketball.

amnesiac

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
I had to pause and take a moment to compose myself after Matt's impression of Russ as a robot pretending to enjoy basketball.

hahah HOW. ABOUT. THE. GAME

pure brilliant

SimonJT

That's a call back to the old radio shows - I remember it was hilarious then. The nostalgia for those shows is something they could overdo - and I think they're being careful not to - but I appreciate it.

Hat FM

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2015, 01:15:42 PM

that made me laugh also.  maybe moreso because someone i used to work with used to come up to me at least once a week and say 'what about them reds?' referring to arsenal like a complete robot that had nothing to say but felt he should say something.  used to steal all of his opinions on football from tabloid newspapers.

that belly bounce jingle is insanely catchy. russ posted a link on twitter to it on soundcloud.  I've been annoying my girlfriend with it all day.  in fact that might be why she went home...

amnesiac

don't think they'll top episode 7, any newcomers make sure you listen to ep7. It's the one with the double-slit experiment, dalai lama, GQ awards, just the best thing ever.

hermitical

Quote from: Repeater on April 01, 2015, 11:37:58 PM
Any way to download these shows?

here's the rss feed for all the Russell Brand audioboom stuff, you'll see the podcast, snippets and highlights, Trews as well... you can choose what to download from there or put in your podcast aggregator and see them automatically

https://audioboom.com/channels/3334301.rss

East of Eden

The segment on
Spoiler alert
Russell not getting tickets for P-Diddy, especially the sweets bit
[close]
in episode 12 had me in fits of laughter.

Ringside

I was looking for video's from the podcast and found this blokes channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-ImyKSTEY

He has a couple of these video outing celebrities, and quite a lot showing his collection of alien fossils.

Repeater

Catching up with these shows. Love it. Obviously skipping the shite Cool Hip Street Poetry at the end. 

Old Nehamkin

Just wanted to say that I really appreciated Russell quoting a fairly obscure line from Wayne's World 2 in the latest episode. That film does not get acknowledged enough in this hectic modern world in which we live in.

Repeater

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on April 11, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
Just wanted to say that I really appreciated Russell quoting a fairly obscure line from Wayne's World 2 in the latest episode. That film does not get acknowledged enough in this hectic modern world in which we live in.

I missed that...what was the line?

SimonJT

Today's episode was the best so far, I think. Really good fun.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Mr Faineant on April 12, 2015, 05:45:01 AM
I missed that...what was the line?

"My girlfriend's in there!"
"Hey, a lot of people's girlfriends are in there"
"Denied!"

Russell quotes it (partially) around the 20 minute mark in reference to the difficulty of getting admission to the Indian hugging saint. Please PM me for any further Wayne's World 2 related queries.

Speaking of referencing things, I just listened to the intro to episode 14 and Russell and Matt singing the
Spoiler alert
Red Dwarf
[close]
theme (complete with the dun-dun-duns) gets a thumbs up from me.

Thomas

Matt's Philip Larkin observation and voice, and subsequent gloomy scenarios, were just brilliant. Did seem like it could've been a natural stepping stone towards a tale of
Spoiler alert
Trevor killing an animal
[close]
, alas.

I save these for my bus journeys to/from work, they really brighten the commute.

BritishHobo

Yes!
Spoiler alert
Trevor Lock mention
[close]
! Fantastic.

tomasrojo

Quote from: Thomas on April 12, 2015, 07:25:08 PM
Matt's Philip Larkin observation and voice, and subsequent gloomy scenarios, were just brilliant.

I really enjoyed that. In fact, "As Bad as a Mile" by Larkin is not very far away from some of the contrived leaps from mundanity into existential dread that they make up in the podcast (failing to get an apple core into the bin on first throw being emblematic of preordained failure generally).  It's concise and a pretty fine poem though.

Repeater

Ugh loved them taking about Michel Thomas, he completely echoed my thoughts on his slurpy audiobooks (and his annoying student).

Thomas

- ehhhhh.

Wednesday tomorrow. Treat day.

iamcoop

A quite astonishing admission at the end of today's by Russell. Surprised Matt didn't jump on it a bit more. G's reaction was gold.

Is there a set date for when they do these in Russell's basement or the XFM studio? Whilst they're all good the basement ones tend to veer slightly towards Trews territory and focus a lot more on Russell's activism and 'spirituality' whereas the studio based ones seem more madcap and freewheeling which is where I end up laughing the most.

amnesiac

just finished ep15, actually in tears at the revelation/ story at the end, specifically Matt's spin on it.

BritishHobo

Haha, fucking hell. I came in here before listening to the end, and your two posts had me expecting a really honest and emotional revelation. I was sat there waiting for the baby discussion[nb]And his and Matt's roleplay of Russ being like Mr. Banks off Mary Poppins or something was fucking hysterical.[/nb] to move into something quite frank - that he was having a child, or that a partner of his had had a miscarriage in the past. I was not expecting that. It's great how much fun even they were having with Matt's reaction.

Ringside

Another excellent episode. Matt's comments after the dog thing had me rolling.

I wish they'd push it to an hour per episode....you know, 60 is just a rounder number.

Mobius

Is there an easier way to download these to listen on my phone? I signed up (which I don't think we had to do before..) and I've tried the .mp3 trick mentioned earlier, but it doesn't appear to be working for me any more.

I need episode 9 onwards because I'm going for a walk later.

On a slightly unrelated note I've been watching the Matt Morgan created Cardinal Burns lately and it's pretty great! Some really funny stuff in there.

edit - ignore the above it's working now! I fucked it up by trying to download about 8 at once.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3086720-e15-joined-at-the-hip

ive been logging into the audioboom website going to the main page of the podcast i want then if your using chrome right click anywhere on the page then choose view page source. from that i do a ctrl and f button and then search for MP3 and the results should be the link which you can right click and save it to your laptop or phone.

I tried downloading it through the site to my phone on their app but it needs to be online all the time to work is much easier just having the mp3 file

sorry if that sounds like an old persons description on how to do it

15 episodes in though and am getting into the shorter time of them and quality wise its really consistent every week is pretty much my audio highlights of the week

SimonJT

I did a Matt Morgan on the phone yesterday - Ianticipated the other person saying "How are you?", and started to say "I'm alright thanks" before they did. I'm grateful to Matt for making me feel better about this.

Mr_Simnock

SimonJT

The guest they had on today's show reminded me of Graham Lister.