Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Russell Brand Podcast (NEW SHIT with MATT MORGAN)

Started by BritishHobo, February 22, 2015, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermitical

just bookmark the rss feed I put up then right click and save as whichever episode you want

Beagle 2

I'd like them to lay off the gross-out stuff a bit. Just tucking into my breakfast the other day I was when the topic of tonsel stones came up.

Repeater

amnesiac

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 23, 2015, 08:42:43 PM
I'd like them to lay off the gross-out stuff a bit. Just tucking into my breakfast the other day I was when the topic of tonsel stones came up.

mate WHAT was that? I pride myself on an eclectic knowledge on medical, cultural and technical aspects and I HAVE NEVER HEARD of tonsil stones. People bursting them with chopsticks? they stink? Where has this come from?

(I already knew about the ASMR thing)

Ringside

I loved the call to the bunker guy. I always enjoyed their phone calls with people, when something slightly risque is said and there's a faint snigger from Matt. Cracks me up.

AllisonSays

One of my highlights so far is how genuinely impressed Matt was when Russell told that story about convincing a bank worker to go on a date with him, pre-fame and over the phone. Which is impressive! "I asked her if she'd eaten and she just said *female equivalent of Alan Bennet's voice* "Oo, I had a jacket".

amnesiac

Quote from: AllisonSays on April 24, 2015, 11:39:15 AM
One of my highlights so far is how genuinely impressed Matt was when Russell told that story about convincing a bank worker to go on a date with him, pre-fame and over the phone. Which is impressive! "I asked her if she'd eaten and she just said *female equivalent of Alan Bennet's voice* "Oo, I had a jacket".

fuckinell that was amazing that bit. "she was wearing a parka, you know, a parka, a parka" and then Matt's all like "WE KNOW WHAT A PARKA IS WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING PARKA"

Repeater

these shows have descended into Russ shouting and constant BELLYBOUNCEs. pretty bad. tell me this, does he ever, here or on the Trews, address his endorsing of Labour after telling people not to vote?

thugler

He wrote a big thing about it on his website/blog thing, but the gyst was 'I know people who tell me how their lives will be worse under the tories, so it's not fair for me to sit around being rich in my massive house and be unaffected, while going on about not voting'.

The bellybounce based episode was okay, not the best, but they are putting out quite a lot of these and the quality won't always be as high I expect. Also don't enjoy the occasional new agey holistic stuff matt goes on about, like his 'parasite cleanse', which a quick google revealed to be nonsense sold to hypochondriacs.

PlasticTom

Given a choice, I'd probably rather they didn't bother with any guests. Still, it always makes me cackle when immediately after a caller hangs up, they berate each other for their performance as interviewers (Russell has inevitably sexualised it). The last two or three have maybe been a slight dip in quality, but still fucking funny. Also, this street running thing Russell is doing sounds genuinely odd. He's an interesting character.

tomasrojo

Quote from: thugler on May 12, 2015, 10:49:13 PM
Also don't enjoy the occasional new agey holistic stuff matt goes on about, like his 'parasite cleanse', which a quick google revealed to be nonsense sold to hypochondriacs.

It's interesting, because he appears sensible in comparison to Brand, but he does have some new-agey opinions, for sure.

Fascinatingly, while I'm sure what he was talking about was nonsense, there is a fungal parasite that infects ants, makes them climb up above the undergrowth and die there, so its spores have a better chance of spreading far and wide.  I wonder whether this odd notion of people being directed by their parasites comes from there. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis

Or maybe an episode of Futurama.

thugler

Well, there is some truth to it in that stuff like toxoplasmosis which is very common in south america and various other places can have effects on your mental health. But the idea that everyone is constantly infected with parasites, or that a herbal supplement can sort you out is guff.

The Bumlord

Matt has always been a ludicrous hypochondriac though.

Old Nehamkin

I get second-hand anxiety for Matt whenever Russell pressures him into helming a phone interview.

SimonJT

I loved his description of Russell as "The World's Newest Feminist".

Dr Rock

People queue up to take the piss out of Russell Brand but Matt Morgan is easily the best at it.

BritishHobo

Last episode 'of this run of twenty-four' today.

Right, why the fuck does Brand keep eating on-air? He's worked on radio for about a decade now, has nobody ever taken him aside and pointed out how fucking disgusting it is? Or have they and he just doesn't give a shit? Morgan takes him to task for it, but he just seems to not even acknowledge what Matt says.

Yes

Last episode of the run: Penny interview was super dull, Russell on his best behaviour is no fun at all. Matt wildly pressing buttons during the weird radio interview segment was the best bit of the whole episode.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 17, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
Last episode 'of this run of twenty-four' today.

Well they kept that pretty quiet, didn't they! Oh well- 24 proper, regular podcast episodes over a three month period was still a lot more than I realistically thought was worth hoping for before these were announced, and Matt's use of the phrase "this run" definitely made it sound like they're at least open to doing more. Hope it takes less than 7 years this time.

Repeater

really sick of their purile discussion of conjoined twins. infantile shite even Gervais would cringe at

Repeater

also having heard him completely miss Russ' point about string female archetypes and making a complete balls of the beach body discussion, I can't help think old Matt is a bit of a thick bastard

Repeater

also having heard him completely miss Russ' point about string female archetypes and making a complete balls of the beach body discussion, I can't help think old Matt is a bit of a thick bastard

Repeater

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Russell's TwitterThe podcast with me & Matt will be back soon - it will be free & easy to listen

Interesting choice of words there. Wonder if they're moving to a different site.

gmoney

curiousbritishtelly

Way back in the mid 00s I used to love Russell on Big Brother's Big Mouth, but for one reason or another I kinda ignored pretty much anything he did in the next 9 years.

And then I decided to give this Audioboom podcast the once over and it was a delightful realm of laughs and silliness. Definitely the best thing he's done recently, although I did like his Messiah Complex show.

Anyway, once I'd finished the Audioboom gubbins I delved further back into the Radio 6 shows and weren't these a cacophony of even louder laughs and more outrageous silliness. I feel bad that I missed these at the time, but c'est la vie.

I know Brand mentioned that the podcasts would continue, but there's been no news for a few months now. Hopefully there'll be a second series as I think Russell's at his best on the radio.

Dr Rock

Try his Brand X TV show if you can find it, that's entertaining enough.

There's also the radio shows he did for Radio 2, something happened with him and Jonathan Ross buggering a saxophone or something.

curiousbritishtelly

I keep meaning to check out Brand X. Might try an episode tonight!

Been listening to a few of the Radio 2 shows and they're fun, but don't have quite the same level of manicness that them Radio 6 ones did. Brand being in Hollywood half the time whilst old Matt was in London probably didn't help.

Thomas

Where the fuck has the original podcast archive gone? Well?

SimonJT

News: Noel Gallagher is hosting a show on Absolute Radio with Matt on February 15th (9-11pm). It should be great, I loved the one they did on Radio 2 a while ago.