Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Russell Brand Podcast (NEW SHIT with MATT MORGAN)

Started by BritishHobo, February 22, 2015, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

From what I've heard, I think the first one's out on Wednesday.

Hat FM

will these be on itunes or do you have to listen via the audioboom website or something?

daffs

could anyone help identify the time they were talking about Matt Morgan throwing something like sweets out of a hotel window at people, including staff, and they played Gerry and the Pacemakers I Like It at the end because Matt liked it?

FsF

I do believe it's the 30th April show from the 6 Music days.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Hat FM on February 24, 2015, 01:27:09 PM
will these be on itunes or do you have to listen via the audioboom website or something?

The site calls it "an audioboom exclusive", so I'm guessing the latter.

DuncanC

BritishHobo

I joined a fan group on Facebook a few days before this announcement, and now they're all getting elitist about people who haven't been into the show as long as them. It's fascinating and irritating to watch in equal measure.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 24, 2015, 03:15:04 PM
I joined a fan group on Facebook a few days before this announcement, and now they're all getting elitist about people who haven't been into the show as long as them. It's fascinating and irritating to watch in equal measure.

Buncha loosers.

(Live 6music listener checking in)

iamcoop

Really looking forward to these. I still listen to the old shows all the time, there are some moments that still make me howl with laughter. Matt is so crucial to it all, hopefully Russels revolutionary antics will provide Matt with loads of ammo to take him down a peg with.

Thomas

I listened to a couple from 2006 today, a colleague caught me giggling without my realising.

Faces tend to fall when you say 'Russell Brand', but they don't get it. The podcasts are special.

Mobius

I've been relistening (for the hundredth time) over the past week or so and it still makes me laugh even after repeated listens so I'm really excited about this new stuff. Matt's great, and Russell absolutely loves it when he rips the shit out of him. Mr G is gonna be on there too apparently.

I didn't care for Brand before hearing these (just judged him on the shit that was in the papers) but yeah without sounding utterly sycophantic he comes across as a genuinely nice person and hearing anecdotes and stories from his bizarre life definitely puts his personality into a much more understandable context. I find him quite a unique interesting and very funny/creative person.

Can anyone tell me which episode the bit where they discuss Russell's appearance on Richard & Judy whilst wearing sandals? It never seems to come up on my phone but it's probably my favourite bit.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Mobius on February 25, 2015, 07:33:43 AM
Can anyone tell me which episode the bit where they discuss Russell's appearance on Richard & Judy whilst wearing sandals? It never seems to come up on my phone but it's probably my favourite bit.

Don't know about the episode date, but you can hear that clip here.

DuncanC

The jingle/ident thing at the end of that 30-second promo clip, I can't work out if that's genuinely a standard "audioboom" thing or if they're done just for this, a pastiche of the kind of idents the radio shows had every five minutes ("Online... on digital... and on 88-91FM" etc.)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Russell cracking up at Matt's genuinely funny, quick-witted interjections is joyous to behold.

Old Nehamkin

So apparently[nb]According to some guy on Twitter.[/nb] the first episode goes up tonight at 10pm. Don't know what the point is in uploading it that late when it (presumably) isn't a live show, but whatever.

SimonJT

God, I love that "Life's a beach man", bit - it's not something I particularly remembered from the first time I listened to the shows, but last time I did, it had me in pain with laughter. The best bits:

Richard & Judy, maaaaan
Jason Weathercoates
Trev's stories (boots coming through ceilings)
Summer Mugging
Duncan Bannatyne
Russell falling in love with his surfing instructor
The Boat Trip anecdote
The TV debacle anecdote

Any others I've momentarily forgotten?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: SimonJT on February 25, 2015, 09:20:46 PM
Any others I've momentarily forgotten?

Worst. Sherpa. Ever!

I'm also a big fan of Russell and Matt's various little depressing anecdotes from the pre-fame years. Having their lunch every day on the campus of a nearby foreign language school out of sheer loneliness, sitting huddled in the corner of a flat at New Year playing GTA III[nb]"Oh Vinnie, I've ruined your life too!"[/nb], etc. Maybe not the most laugh-out-loud moments, but they really strike a chord.

Old Nehamkin

BritishHobo

Is it supposed to be up somewhere? I can't fucking find it.

I love their tales of daft awkwardness - Matt convincing a teacher at art college that he knows about the subject because he watches serious art show Art Attack is a lovely one.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 26, 2015, 12:32:58 AM
Is it supposed to be up somewhere? I can't fucking find it.

Me neither. The press release definitely said it was launching on the 25th and Brand's website yesterday said it would be up from 10pm, but it's nowhere to be seen. If it's been delayed for some reason then it's pretty shitty and inept of Audioboom not to acknowledge it in any way. I hope this doesn't mark the beginning of another Talksport situation.

Mobius

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on February 25, 2015, 08:47:04 AM
Don't know about the episode date, but you can hear that clip here.

Brilliant, cheers! Makes me laugh every single time. I'm listening to both those Matt's Best Bits videos now. Lovely.

ol' Russ's GTA story is a classic, such a bleak tale. Oh and when his Spanish girlfriend disappears and he stays indoors with her dressing gown and some chorizo.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 26, 2015, 12:32:58 AM
I love their tales of daft awkwardness - Matt convincing a teacher at art college that he knows about the subject because he watches serious art show Art Attack is a lovely one.

"Art Attack is a trite, lazy piece of programming!"

hedgehog90

I think Russell's Twitter has mentioned the new podcast once. Why isn't he promoting it or generating hype?
Audioboom looks like an upstart that will either merge in a few months or shut down completely.

Not sure this is gonna work out.

Old Nehamkin

It's weird. Audioboom's Twitter has a big picture of Russell and Matt as their header but they haven't mentioned the podcast delay at all, despite loads of people asking about it. Russell's site posted a link to the page last night at the time it was (supposedly) scheduled to go up, but all that's there is the original welcome message with hundreds of comments underneath from people asking where it is. Someone seems to be fucking up their job quite badly here.

Thomas

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on February 26, 2015, 09:47:13 AM
Someone seems to be fucking up their job quite badly here.

I read this and then worried for a second that it might be my job. I've checked and it isn't.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 26, 2015, 04:16:27 PM
http://www.russellbrandradioshowarchive.com/2015/02/fans-disappointed-by-podcast-no-show-.html

Audioboom is taking the audiopiss and no mistake. Whatever's preventing the show from being uploaded, how hard could it be to make some sort of brief statement to let people know what's going on? Their eerie, Bill Cosby-esque silence on the issue is just frustrating and weirdly unprofessional.

I was thinking earlier, somebody really needs to set up a UK equivalent of Earwolf- a proper, professional podcast network run by people who actually know what they're doing. I bet loads of comedy talent would be attracted to a platform like that if it existed.

hedgehog90

Jeez, Audioboom SUCK! and I'm not talking about the still nowhere to be seen podcast.
I clicked the 'follow' button on their site for the new podcast yesterday. I just opened my email to find >250 emails from audioboom, each one a notification of a new comment on the Russell Brand comments feed.
I just unfollowed and I'm still getting notified for each new comment.
Guys, this is a shit site right here.