Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Russell Brand Podcast (NEW SHIT with MATT MORGAN)

Started by BritishHobo, February 22, 2015, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: (Ex poster) on December 20, 2017, 12:26:39 PM
Like this?

http://www.thegrindstone.com/2012/08/03/office-politics/russell-brand-sexually-harassed-a-wardrobe-girl-but-dont-worry-it-was-funny-274/

I'm sure Russell has admitted to troubling behaviour in the past (I haven't read any of his books, but I've listened to the podcasts), but I think it's important to note of that particular story that Billy Connolly - supposedly standing by to scold Brand for his harassment - denies that it ever happened:

Quote'That story is a total invention. A complete fabrication. It's total bollocks. It never happened. Russell was very well-behaved, and I found him very interesting.'

This isn't to say that he hasn't behaved inappropriately at all; just that that particular account was refuted by somebody supposedly present at that time.

Old Nehamkin

BritishHobo

Quote from: (Ex poster) on December 20, 2017, 04:59:58 PM
One of the first stories in My Booky Wook is a tale of him, as a 3 or 4 year old, manipulating a woman into being naked in front of him...

That entire book is about a man fucking over his friends and people he works with because he "just wants to make people laugh". One of his friends has to leave the country after moving here because Brand fucks up a work project, and it just gets shrugged off.

It would not surprise me at all if John Noel made a few stories go away, a few NDAs signed.

Isn't it also a book about a man who goes to rehab for sex addiction, starting there in the first chapter and then making its way back round through his life story to explain how he got there and why he needed it?

Repeater

ieXush2i

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 21, 2017, 07:08:04 AM
Isn't it also a book about a man who goes to rehab for sex addiction, starting there in the first chapter and then making its way back round through his life story to explain how he got there and why he needed it?

Yes, written in a self-serving way with the occasional mea culpa.

Beagle 2

Anybody seen any update about whether this is gone for good?

iamcoop

Quote from: Beagle 2 on February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
Anybody seen any update about whether this is gone for good?

According to Matt Morgan there's "talk of it possibly coming back in March"

gmoney

Fingers crossed it's a podcast and not a radio show, and toes crossed Brand realises people don't want to hear him tell an expert how much he knows about their subject.

Ja'moke

You'd think these days they could just do their own podcast without needing the backing of a radio station. There is obviously enough of an audience and I'm sure advertisers would jump on board (as much as Brand hates advertising).

rasta-spouse

Did he suddenly abandon the podcast to be on a tv show with The Rock? He should stick to what he's good at, but clearly he's not over Hollywood.

Ringside

I know this is a long shot, but is there any kind of nerdy archive online which might possibly list episodic content of the old radio shows?

I want to listen to a specific episode again but I've got no idea which one it is.

Basically, Russ brings up a thing he once heard about how nuns used to work as prostitutes. Matt, typically tried to reign it in a bit and for a second it feels like it worked, then under his breath, Russ says something like "slags, the lot of em" and lets out a cheeky giggle.

I'll probably die without hearing it again....

gmoney

I asked the Matt Morgan appreciation society hive mind and they came back with this:

QuoteRadio 2 Episode 99, about 1hr 28mins in.

Rusty, Matt, Noel and Kristen Bell. Kenicke phones in with a hatchet!

https://podrot.com/russellbrand/radio2/08-March-2008/?s=88m19s

gmoney

EDIT: IGNORE THIS, IT WAS BOLLOCKS

jofo

yes, there is no way it was on the BBC2 days. It was deffinetly from the earlier BBC6 music Sunday morning slot.

Sorry I couldn't be more accurate than that.