Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

itsfredtitmus

Only Fools and a Couple of Bums Please If That Ain't Too Much Trouble, Ta

Porter Dimi

Only Moules and Hors-es.

With Del Boy and Rodney serving French food and speaking with 'Allo 'Allo-esque accents.

kalowski

petril

The Fosters. There's no food, but there is a bar

Replies From View

Joking Apart (the episode with the avocados)

Fambo Number Mive

You could have a Knowing Meal, Knowing You one, all about Partridge. You're eating in the Linton Travel Tavern, "Susan" and "Sophie" serve you while Alan wanders around with his twelve inch plate. Food includes beans served in a can and a piping hot apple turnover. Drinks are pints of bitter or mineral water.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 09, 2017, 08:03:38 PM
You could have a Knowing Meal, Knowing You one, all about Partridge. You're eating in the Linton Travel Tavern, "Susan" and "Sophie" serve you while Alan wanders around with his twelve inch plate. Food includes beans served in a can and a piping hot apple turnover. Drinks are pints of bitter or mineral water.

I'm in. But surely a cup of beans with sausage as spoon?

Also I'd love one of Sonia's famous 7/10 Full English breakfasts.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Ferris

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on November 09, 2017, 08:16:28 PM
I'm in. But surely a cup of beans with sausage as spoon?

Also I'd love one of Sonia's famous 7/10 Full English breakfasts.

Was anyone else bothered by Alan's rating system? A lot of the items were 10 on 10, but the final cornucopia was validated with a mere 7 on 10 (lower than any of the individual items, although presumably composition was a factor and failure to create a breakwater was an inexcusable oversight).

Disgusting. Still, might as well eat it.

Bhazor

Is this the second worst coach in England?

Glebe

That's fucking incredible... the little laugh at the start, the least-Del-Boy-looking impersonator in history, Rodney being attacked by a seagull and a Boycie who looks more like a Basil Fawlty.

Serge

I was just about to say, do you think that the Boycie doubles up as Basil on the Fawlty Towers Coach Tour?

That was.....wow. It actually gets better as it goes on. They do know that Jolly Boys' Outing was actually set in Margate and not Brighton? Uncle Albert looks like the guy playing Del Boy having quickly applied a beard. And the 'Come Dine With Me'-esque voiceover, especially when he says "you know it makes sense."

The all inclusive meal looks seriously fucking grotty, one step up from hospital food.

Jockice

But he looks nothing like Tonto.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Serge on March 05, 2018, 01:47:43 PM
They do know that Jolly Boys' Outing was actually set in Margate and not Brighton?

Quite sensible, I'd say. The real-life Margate is 'improving' all the time, but the effects have yet to be felt outside three or four streets. Any attempt to take an ironic coach-trip there would quite probably end in tears (or an actual exploding bus).

Bad Ambassador

Jesus Christ, I've been watching that in a coffee shop and crying with laughter. Rodney's played by Ian Curtis and Trigger's about three feet tall. Fucking incredible.

Gulftastic

I love how you can just make out the feet of the guys pushing the van at the start.

Ferris

I saw an ad for only fools and 3 courses on the riverboat underground line in London, it was playing on the video loop in the background.

My wife implored me to get in the photo in front of The Globe theatre, but I was too astounded by the video I was watching. This genuinely happened. Anyone in the capital can get on the RB2 line and confirm

Edit: I'm looking forward to getting home and watching the latest instalment of trotter madness

checkoutgirl

How do they improve the Fools and Courses dinner experience? By putting it in an ever more enclosed space. Imagine being trapped on a bus with that lot. The shit middle aged people are willing to accept as entertainment is amazing sometimes.

checkoutgirl

This is for people who watch Mrs Browns Boys and think it's a great laugh.

nardis

I wish I knew people who could feign utter delight at receiving sub-Poundland junk like a smiley stress ball, lollipop and cheap plastic cup. It would make birthdays and christmases much more affordable.

Also, I like the fact that the website lists "DVD complete with premium sound system" as a selling point, just in the unlikely event that the hilarity of the acting wears off after the first 5 minutes.

alan nagsworth

Oh my god that voiceover is the single worst instance of that voice I have ever heard

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 05, 2018, 08:08:29 PM
Oh my god that voiceover is the single worst instance of that voice I have ever heard

Fucking hell, it was as well.

That was so good I'm going to watch it again.