Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lion King

Quote from: PowerButchi on March 15, 2018, 10:37:22 AM
Someone films their night at Only Fools and 3 Courses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjN2UcSQTaY

Has anyone watched this all the way to the end? Post credits we get a cracking full rendition of The Darkness - I Believe In a Thing Called Love sung to an audience of 5 by the channel's owner, Ginger Mafro.

Thank you so much for this thread, it's really great.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on March 15, 2018, 11:21:09 AM
Edit: I like that the uploader has chosen sad piano music for every time the shitty looking food is served.

I found this very funny indeed.

Yeah, it's hard to fault alright Del. Some of it is a bit off but despite looking nowt like him he doesn't look like a chancer in a sheepskin. He does pull off the character.

Also I think the gag of dancing with an audience member so you can have a sit down is pretty good.

Have I gone native?

purlieu

In some of those clips I could believe that it was actually Delboy there, quite impressive. I suppose if your talent is doing good Delboy impressions it's a pretty good line of work to be in.

Glebe

Quote from: chocolate teapot on March 09, 2018, 01:27:02 AMThe Absolutely Fabulous Comedy Dining Experience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8gS7qFWSo

It'd be funny if that wasn't an Ab Fab experience, just an incident caught on camera.

I like to imagine that an angry John Howard Davies is narrating these. Even though it doesn't really sound like him.

Namtab

Quote from: The Lion King on March 16, 2018, 10:31:52 AM
Has anyone watched this all the way to the end? Post credits we get a cracking full rendition of The Darkness - I Believe In a Thing Called Love sung to an audience of 5 by the channel's owner, Ginger Mafro.

I love that he's seemingly just taken over the karaoke for the entire night.

JoeyBananaduck

My wife works at a high school - today a bunch of kids were farting about after lessons watching YouTube clips together in her room to kill time (there was an early evening event on and an hour or so between the end of school and prepping for that).

Anyway, for whatever reason she showed them the Only Fools & 3 Courses promo trailer (which I showed her and teasingly threatened to book for her about a week ago). One lad piped up that he'd love to go to it and it seemed like a great laugh. Others concurred.

Not much of a story, but I felt duty bound to tell you that the world is officially doomed, aye? Not the kind of thing you keep to yourself.

The Lion King

Father Ted - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjsVLmLbnkc

Remember how Father Ted would always get everyone in a pissed up conga line?

Ferris

Father Ted? Is nothing sacred?

St_Eddie

@2:30 - Recreating a scene from Fargo, there.

Quote from: The Lion King on March 18, 2018, 02:29:02 AM

Why is Father Jack saying loads of stuff aside from his usually limited repertoire of words and why is he wearing a roadie styled vest and a Borat styled mankini?  Also, that wig on Pseudo-Ted is awful and not even remotely close to Dermot's grey thatch.  That video makes me cry inside.  It looks like an evening destined to push oneself to either committing suicide or going postal.  Other than that, it looks absolutely aces.

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on March 17, 2018, 12:16:21 AM
...which I showed her and teasingly threatened to book for her about a week ago...

Mate.  That's domestic abuse.

idunnosomename

We've seen that lot before but not that particular video. Blimey it's bleak. People are thick.

"We'd booked to go Huddersfield..." <cut off as too boring even for this video>

H-O-W-L

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AMIt looks like an evening destined to push oneself to either committing suicide or going postal.  Other than that, it looks absolutely aces.

Why not both?

Glebe

Quote from: The Lion King on March 18, 2018, 02:29:02 AM

Father Jack... WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO FATHER JACK?!

Steven

Quote from: Glebe on March 18, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

Farther Hack Jacket.

PowerButchi

Just realised that Rodney on the Coach Tour is played by David Scarboro.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: The Lion King on March 16, 2018, 10:31:52 AM

Who the fuck has Yorkshire pudding with a Christmas dinner

PowerButchi

I do, and mint sauce. Every roast dinner requires both.

St_Eddie

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on March 19, 2018, 11:00:05 PM
Who the fuck has Yorkshire pudding with a Christmas dinner

It's standard with my family, every Christmas and it's delicious.  It wouldn't be Christmas without the Yorkshire puddings.

Fucked Del

Fuck off Lee.

Utter Shit

Desperately want to know what Turnock said above.

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on March 15, 2018, 11:21:09 AM
At 1:33 does he really say "I'm gonna fucking kill you, Trotter"? I can't make out what else it could be.

Ahahaha that is fantastic. The swearing isn't even the weirdest bit - why would Rodney, who is also a Trotter, refer to Del as Trotter?

RenegadeScrew

It's actually not as bad.  It's certainly far better than the actual promotional video.  Del seems pretty decent filmed from behind.  The bit where Del actually takes the camera made me wonder if it was a promotional video in disguise. 

They could still do with rewatching the 'cwying' episode though.

Sebastian Cobb

My wife works at a high school - today a bunch of kids were farting about after lessons watching YouTube clips together in her room to kill time (there was an early evening event on and an hour or so between the end of school and prepping for that).

Anyway, for whatever reason she showed them the Only Fools & 3 Courses promo trailer (which I showed her and teasingly threatened to book for her about a week ago). One lad piped up that he'd love to go to it and it seemed like a great laugh. Others concurred.

Not much of a story, but I felt duty bound to tell you that the world is officially doomed, aye? Not the kind of thing you keep to yourself.

I'm surprised they know what OFAH is. I'm not sure the 17 year old at my work would.

Chairman Bodog

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 19, 2018, 11:35:46 PM
It's standard with my family, every Christmas and it's delicious.  It wouldn't be Christmas without the Yorkshire puddings.

Straight up. Can't beat a pitta pudding.

Curry favour with a york and all that. Slash ya sen.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on March 21, 2018, 12:05:36 AM
Straight up. Can't beat a pitta pudding.

No.  I would not put a Yorkshire pudding into a pitta bread.  What are you, some kind of monster?

colacentral

Ham C. Breadbits

Red Sauce*

The Com' & Crisps Presents... The Bad Food Tour

* Dave Lister is a man who enjoys nothing more than a vindaloo and a lager at his favourite Indian space restaurant: Red Sauce; but when he drunkenly mistakes the ship's stasis chamber for the gents', his galaxy turns upside down (and so will you!)

thenoise

Quote from: Glebe on March 18, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

Literally everyone at my school could do a passable Jack impression, it's a piece of piss. Has he ever even seen the show?

rm2kmaster

I quite like the fact that you felt the need to specify exactly why your wife was hanging around with her students after school.

Didn't think it worth a whole new thread for this, but here's a fantastic video following radio presenter Jo Good as she participates in an Only Fools & Horses Appreciation Society convention. Jo played one of the girls Del and Rodney chat up in Way Out West for about ten minutes, so obviously OFAH fans have paid good money to go to an event to get her autograph.

https://youtu.be/sR-6aYvLVG0

Obviously John Challis and Sue Holderness are there. Brilliantly, she mistakes an Uncle Grandad lookalike in a clearly fake beard and eyebrows for the real Buster Merryfield, even though he died 19 years ago and that's clearly a fake beard for fuck's sake.

Oh, and a proper "Shit Del" turns up at the end.

Glebe

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 02, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
Didn't think it worth a whole new thread for this, but here's a fantastic video following radio presenter Jo Good as she participates in an Only Fools & Horses Appreciation Society convention. Jo played one of the girls Del and Rodney chat up in Way Out West for about ten minutes, so obviously OFAH fans have paid good money to go to an event to get her autograph.

https://youtu.be/sR-6aYvLVG0

Obviously John Challis and Sue Holderness are there. Brilliantly, she mistakes an Uncle Grandad lookalike in a clearly fake beard and eyebrows for the real Buster Merryfield, even though he died 19 years ago and that's clearly a fake beard for fuck's sake.

Oh, and a proper "Shit Del" turns up at the end.

That was great, cheers Hux! To be fair, that's one of the better Alberts!

Went to the RHS Malvern spring flower show with the missus today. Sat amongst the usual bric-a-brac were the following;

John Challis selling signed copies of his books Being Boycie and Beyond Boycie. Sue Holderness was nowhere to be seen.

Guy Siner, Richard Gibson and Kim Hartman in full costume selling signed photos for £10 each and posing with punters for a photo that they would all sign for £20. They were also selling "Helga's Knickers", cheap underpants they'd clearly bought in bulk from China.

Challis seemed happy enough with his lot but the 'Allo 'Allo! stars seemed dead behind the eyes.

Ferris

I wonder what topic Challis covered insufficiently in Being Boycie that required the writing of Bouncing Back Beyond Boycie. Or whether they are merely the setup for a third one.

The Boycie Trilogy. Imagine it.