Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 12, 2018, 10:38:30 PMWent to the RHS Malvern spring flower show with the missus today. Sat amongst the usual bric-a-brac were the following;

John Challis selling signed copies of his books Being Boycie and Beyond Boycie. Sue Holderness was nowhere to be seen.

Guy Siner, Richard Gibson and Kim Hartman in full costume selling signed photos for £10 each and posing with punters for a photo that they would all sign for £20. They were also selling "Helga's Knickers", cheap underpants they'd clearly bought in bulk from China.

Challis seemed happy enough with his lot but the 'Allo 'Allo! stars seemed dead behind the eyes.

That sounds fantastic. The perfect CaB day out.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2018, 11:45:55 PMI wonder what topic Challis covered insufficiently in Being Boycie that required the writing of Bouncing Back Beyond Boycie. Or whether they are merely the setup for a third one.

The Boycie Trilogy. Imagine it.

Good news, Ferris - Boycie: The Autumn Years is available now for preorder from Poundstretcher, priced £2.99. Or No Offer.

Ferris

Sticking with the "BB" theme, as well as the progression from Being Boycie and Beyond Boycie, surely the most sense for a third book would actually be a prequel: Before Boycie?

I suppose it's too late now; I'll be preordering B:tAY along with everyone else!

Namtab

I'd go for Boycie Begins. May as well just go full Batman with it.

Glebe

Quote from: Namtab on May 13, 2018, 04:42:32 PMI'd go for Boycie Begins. May as well just go full Batman with it.

Because I've clearly got nothing better to do...

Catalogue Trousers

Guy Siner is a bona fide legend. Forget 'Allo 'Allo, he also connects Doctor Who and Pirates Of The Caribbean. He doesn't owe you a damn thing.

kalowski

Phil_A

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 13, 2018, 01:39:08 PM
Sticking with the "BB" theme, as well as the progression from Being Boycie and Beyond Boycie, surely the most sense for a third book would actually be a prequel: Before Boycie?

I suppose it's too late now; I'll be preordering B:tAY along with everyone else!

Between Boycie?

Bhazor

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 12, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
Kim Hartman in full costume selling signed photos for £10 each and posing with punters for a photo that they would all sign for £20.

Challis seemed happy enough with his lot but the 'Allo 'Allo! stars seemed dead behind the eyes.

St_Eddie

'Ucking 'Ell!  That's the most disingenuous smile that I've ever seen.

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 14, 2018, 04:28:57 PM
'Ucking 'Ell!  That's the most disingenuous smile that I've ever seen.

They all had that look. I tried to make eye contact with Siner, but he was fully in the middle distance.

Sitting in a cattle auction shed in full Nazi regalia (leather coat for Gibson) in baking heat for nine hours and having to speak with a succession of gammon-faced men all eager to tell you that "you can't make them like that any more, it's all PC these days" whilst you wait for a photo printer to do it's thing will do that to you.

Thomas

I'm only on page 8 of this thread, and each new video is contributing to a ball of anxiety in my chest and tightening my finger-and-thumb grip on my forehead.

Even the expressions of utter disbelief and confusion on here don't capture what I'm feeling. I would really hate to be at one of these things, in any capacity. What if I get a job at a restaurant and one evening my manager tells me I have to put on a beret on take part in an 'Allo 'Allo thing? Brr. Never applying for a job at a restaurant, just in case. What if I end up in one of these things, as a Rodney?

I'm sorry, performers involved, I know you've put your time, effort, and faces into this stuff, but I just don't like what you're doing and feel uniquely unhappy about it. I don't mean to imply that you've 'ended up' anywhere. Perhaps it's just a brief stint. You've got videos on YouTube and a voiceover, which is better than anything I'm doing. I feel bad to criticise, but I have to post this.

Glebe

alan nagsworth

mate i saw a fucking advert in a tube station last week for this shit. i kid you not, you bleedin' dipsticks.

Andy147

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on May 13, 2018, 07:36:25 PM
Guy Siner is a bona fide legend. Forget 'Allo 'Allo, he also connects Doctor Who and Pirates Of The Caribbean. He doesn't owe you a damn thing.

He's also (at least according to IMDB) been in Z Cars, I Claudius, Seinfeld, SpongeBob SquarePants, Star Trek (Enterprise) and ChuckleVision.

Thomas

I'd like a Stewart Lee Dining Experience where a receding-hairlined man does absolutely nothing but unhappily serve crisps and Magners.

Glebe

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on May 13, 2018, 07:36:25 PMGuy Siner is a bona fide legend. Forget 'Allo 'Allo, he also connects Doctor Who and Pirates Of The Caribbean. He doesn't owe you a damn thing.

Quote from: Andy147 on May 14, 2018, 08:32:52 PMHe's also (at least according to IMDB) been in Z Cars, I Claudius, Seinfeld, SpongeBob SquarePants, Star Trek (Enterprise) and ChuckleVision.

And of course Lost Highway:

Ferris

Quote from: Thomas on May 14, 2018, 08:36:13 PM
I'd like a Stewart Lee Dining Experience where a receding-hairlined man does absolutely nothing but unhappily serve crisps and Magners.

He serves the same crisps over and over until he loses the audience, but then keeps serving the same crisps until he wins them back again.

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 14, 2018, 11:07:30 PMHe serves the same crisps over and over until he loses the audience, but then keeps serving the same crisps until he wins them back again.

Then one evening he goes into a lengthy explanation about how he lovingly cooked tonight's meal. Then at the end, he smilingly says, "I didn't cooked tonight's meal." He gets a mixed reaction, but most are amused!

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

i would SO go on the Armando Iannucci Shows coach tour experience, if only to see a poor man's Hugh shamble down the aisle with a tray of shit cocktails

Bhazor

There's got to be a Alan Partridge themed coach tour of Norwich. I mean surely. Except done by someone who has only seen Knowing Me Knowing You.

petril

Quote from: RoadMaintenanceTycoon on May 15, 2018, 01:43:11 AM
i would SO go on the Armando Iannucci Shows coach tour experience, if only to see a poor man's Hugh shamble down the aisle with a tray of shit cocktails

finalé's a big singalong with Orangegod. ITC T-shirts £30 in the foyer after

purlieu

Spotting Guy Siner in things is a favourite pastime. His appearance in Seinfeld was an unexpected one, but Babylon 5 was the one that took me most by surprise. Despite the makeup and prosthetics, he wasn't on screen for five seconds before I exclaimed "it's Gruber!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: RoadMaintenanceTycoon on May 15, 2018, 01:43:11 AM

Yeah me too. Hacks, take note

Would they  kick a football at us though? That might be too much.

idunnosomename

Have they considered contacting Nicholas Lyndhurst?

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 25, 2018, 09:11:23 PM
Have they considered contacting Nicholas Lyndhurst?

He's doing the Goodnight Sweetheart dining experience.

Chriddof

Looks a little more closer to an HP Lovecraft lookalike to me. I suppose none of the editorial team on The Argus read horror, though, so we get this desperate attempt to amuse themselves.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: purlieu on May 19, 2018, 08:34:19 PM
Spotting Guy Siner in things is a favourite pastime. His appearance in Seinfeld was an unexpected one, but Babylon 5 was the one that took me most by surprise. Despite the makeup and prosthetics, he wasn't on screen for five seconds before I exclaimed "it's Gruber!"

Sebastian Cobb

How about a Kevin and Perry themed rave?
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/kevin-perrys-xmas-dirty-rave-tickets-48895897947?aff=erelexpmlt

PLEASE DO NOT BUY TICKETS If you think the actual characters of the film will be there, there will be a Dirty Rave in a unique converted cash and carry warehouse. The event organisers will all be in dress up in festival gear!
[/quote[

thenoise

QuoteKEVIN & PERRY FANCY DRESS COMPETITION (WIN JAM SANDWICHES & BEER)