Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: jenna appleseed on February 25, 2019, 04:34:12 PM
slightly O/T bt here is as good a place as any

accidentally discovered a cookdandbombd nightmare on amazon

"It's Lyndhurst's right eyebrow to Lyndhurst's left eye O'Clock and all's well."

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 20, 2019, 10:32:08 AM
Reviews are in after the first press performance last night. Mostly tentative thumbs up, better than expected for sure.

I'm seeing a lot more negative reviews now. The common complaint being that the songs aren't very good and they've tried to cram in too much story and set-pieces. The acting's supposed to be alright though and everyone likes Paul Whitehouse as Graaaaandad.

idunnosomename

So does Delboy fall through the bar or not

bomb_dog

Thanks to someone posting in the 'Gaving and Stacy' thread, I see the Barry Island tour people also do one of Bristol 'Only Fools and Horses' locations. The rotating photo attract has some brilliant photos on it, not least of people taking photos of a block of flats and a lockup garage.

Ferris

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 30, 2019, 11:36:43 PM
Thanks to someone posting in the 'Gaving and Stacy' thread, I see the Barry Island tour people also do one of Bristol 'Only Fools and Horses' locations. The rotating photo attract has some brilliant photos on it, not least of people taking photos of a block of flats and a lockup garage.

5 stars
Really  enjoyed  the day with  my son  the  tour operator  was  very good would  book again

...why would you book it again?! Surely once is (more than) enough

Glebe

I'd actually love to do that tour!

idunnosomename

A grand day out

THIRTY QUID?

Glebe

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 31, 2019, 10:01:18 AMA grand day out

THIRTY QUID?

But it's thirty quid to stand in front of Del's garage where the Harrison Lesser Watch was stored!

Fambo Number Mive

They also do an Inbetweeners tour

Glebe

Quote from: chocolate teapot on February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0AdfAeyPQ

This is happening fairly locally soon.

Love the The Thing-like eeriness of the music used there... why is there no sound for the rest of it?

Mr Banlon

Ferris

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThis is a parody show. The performances are impersonations only and the show is in no way connected to Brendan O'Carroll or the BBC. We do not use scripts by Brendan O'Carroll

Never heard of Guinness chocolate pudding before. Is that just chocolate pudding with Guinness sauce or something?

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 04, 2019, 09:36:17 AM
Never heard of Guinness chocolate pudding before. Is that just chocolate pudding with Guinness sauce or something?

NO THE CAKE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH GUINNESS IT IS A PARODY CAKE AND WE DON'T USE ANY ACTUAL GUINNESS IN IT AND THE CAKE IS AN IMPERSONATION

Glebe

Marlene's joining Still Open All Hours!

I know this isn't the ideal thread to post it in, but there's nowt else and I don't wanna start a new thread for such piffling news.

jenna appleseed

possibly the wrong thread (might belong in desolation)
but a friend who's involved in putting on local punk gigs & tiny dj nights, told me the other day
they got cornered by a bloke talking nonsense at them, at one of them. Guy (after meaningless 'conversation') "you like Only Fools And Horses",  'er yes', "remember Mickey Pearce?" 'yes', "he's my dad, my name's (something something mickey pearses real surname), then clocked her friends from London and started talking at them "Do you like cats, because I've got cats and need somebody to look after my cats..."

She was trying to work out if they were genuine and he'd had children not mentioned on the internet or they were just trying to blag special treatment/free drinks, but was confused because it was too much a really naff/lame thing to fake.

George White

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 04, 2019, 08:36:12 AM
Mr's B's Boys
Wasn't that a Comedy  Playhouse where  Thora Hird takes  over a youth club...

St_Eddie

Quote from: jenna appleseed on June 05, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
She was trying to work out if they were genuine and he'd had children not mentioned on the internet or they were just trying to blag special treatment/free drinks, but was confused because it was too much a really naff/lame thing to fake.

Quote from: SeinfeldGeorge: You'll love this car, even if you don't like Jon Voight.

Jerry: Just seems like a strange reason to buy a car because he might have driven it.

George: What do you mean, "might"?  You don't think he really owned it?

Jerry: I don't know.

George: Why would the guy make up something like that? Of all the names he could pick, why settle on Jon Voight?

Jerry: Don't you see, that's the genius of it.  If he had said Liam Neeson, you'd know he's making it up.

VelourSpirit

edit wrong thread how did that happen

bomb_dog

Aldi are now selling toy Del, Rodders and Uncle Albert!

Yours for only £8.99 each!

Re-enact the classic 'Del falls through the bar'!
Patronise your grandad by buying one for him, as he's also a grandad! Say 'during the war' whilst wiggling him! (and the toy!)
Call Rodderney, 'Dave' to his fabric-face!

Alberon

Saw the OFAH musical last week. It was a birthday present for Mrs Alberon. To be fair I'm not the target audience but it was a bit of a mixed bag. It's sort of the greatest hits of the TV show strung together with some largely second rate songs. The cast are generally good, but I enjoyed seeing Paul Whitehouse as Grandad (and as a very good cameo as Uncle Albert). They do the falling through the bar gag of course (and to be fair to the guy playing Del Boy he does it as well as on the tv show) though the fakeout earlier in the show is funnier. But they also drop a chandelier, and do the Trigger conversations about the broom and calling Rodney 'Dave'. It does at times just seem to be throwing everything at the stage and seeing what sticks.

The wife liked it though and that's all that matters.

the

Quote from: Alberon on June 10, 2019, 11:37:16 PMSaw the OFAH musical last week.  (...)  It's sort of the greatest hits of the TV show strung together with some largely second rate songs

<Larry David staggering about.gif>

Glebe

ME, OUT LOUD: Christ, more shite that'll end up in charity shops and landfill. For shame.

ME, INTERNALLY: I really, really, really want that Uncle Grandad doll.

koeman

Is that Denzil's ghetto blaster? I would think probably not, but seeing as the OFAH Appreciation Society is selling Cassandra's dad's van, everything's on the table.

Icehaven

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 10, 2019, 11:13:50 PM
Aldi are now selling toy Del, Rodders and Uncle Albert!

That's some clever design there, they're just off enough for the whole set to be needed for them to be recognisable (by normal people I mean, not jaundiced CaB members who know Nicholas Lyndhurst's face better than their own.) OK maybe the Del Boy one at a push by the coat and cap, but the Rodney looks like a Dolmio puppet and the Uncle Albert looks, appropriately enough, like it could be a beloved character from a Kid's TV show set by the sea.

Mr Banlon