Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

I did laugh a lot after seeing the URL and then the reveal, but that seems a shame as it was a quality piece of work. Interesting that it looks to be the same shot of Rodders that everyone wants to get tattooed on their tit.

Also it demonstrates how this show transcends all other sitcoms, I mean I don't hear of someone getting a tattoo of Captain Mainwaring or painting a massive portrait of Victor Meldrew on a car park.

Alberon

The name of the company that owns the site is really Steptoes and Son?

They missed a trick there. It should have been a six foot high mural of Willfrid Brambell's learing head.

Mr Banlon

millwall32

Quote from: Panbaams on March 12, 2018, 11:27:30 AM
"This week, Lord Sugar has asked the teams to stage a comedy dining experience ..."
LOL.

millwall32

Quote from: Jockice on January 31, 2019, 10:27:13 AM
Hmm. At least it's helped me to understand the words to the end credits tune. I've always thought it was: 'Black or white, rich or poor. Real cut prices and a straw.' And yes, I know that doesn't make sense.
I thought it was , "We'll cut nonces at the pool".

George White

Also, this.

Del looks more like Aubrey Morris.

Old Nehamkin

Why would Del Boy choose to have a major birthday party at a small hotel in Torquay? It just doesn't add up..

JamesTC

Oh no! Uncle Albert has mentioned the war in front of the Germans.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What a dashing , handsome figure Manuel cuts in that picture. So happy, too. Not a care in the world, being manhandled by Basil, or not.

Mr Banlon

Did Basil divorce Sybil and marry Lynne from Alan Partridge ?

Ferris

Is Del Boy also playing Basil? Perhaps it's all one of his "schemes", eh readers?

petril

Manuel is about 40% of 80s game show contestants

BALD BASIL: Don't mention the dining invite. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

Captain Z

Featuring Helena Bonham Carter as Sybil.

Fambo Number Mive

Wondered why prices were in euros for the City North Hotel and realised the hotel was near Dublin.

The show will be "faultless".

I see there is a Mrs Browns Boys style Dining Experience. I reckon there will be a Gavin and Stacey one soon.

Glebe

Quote from: George White on October 11, 2019, 07:47:51 AMDel looks more like Aubrey Morris.

L-R: John Fortune, can't think of anyone, James Buckley, Jason Statham.

petril

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 11, 2019, 04:18:40 PM
Wondered why prices were in euros for the City North Hotel and realised the hotel was near Dublin.

The show will be "faultless".

I see there is a Mrs Browns Boys style Dining Experience. I reckon there will be a Gavin and Stacey one soon.

can't wait for the Early Doors one

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Glebe on October 11, 2019, 04:37:11 PM
L-R: John Fortune, can't think of anyone, James Buckley, Jason Statham inexplicably trying to do David Cross' character from " Arrested Development".
FTFY.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 11, 2019, 08:55:23 AM
What a dashing , handsome figure Manuel cuts in that picture. So happy, too. Not a care in the world, being manhandled by Basil, or not.

Why has incredibly/ridiculously handsome Manuel stolen Brian Ferry's hair?
eta: he's wierdly Terry Jones esque too.

PowerButchi

Quote from: petrilTanaka on October 11, 2019, 04:55:45 PM
can't wait for the Early Doors one

I'd actually pay for that. If it had the proper cast in.

Glebe

It would be great if we could organize a giant CaB meet up at one of these things, imagine it'd be a real hoot.

TheMonk

Did they consider Fawlty Trotters ?

Bad Ambassador

Sybil looks like Aisling Bea.

koeman

Sybil's a fox. What's she doing with baldy Basil?

idunnosomename

i probably shouldnt give them too much credit, but isn't the idea of a Fools/FT crossover just utterly, utterly ludicrous and unworkable?

I mean I know they'll just be shouting catchphrases at each other but still

koeman

The old ladies from FT appeared in an episode of Only Fools, of course. Maybe they'll weave that into the dining narrative somehow.

Quote from: koeman on October 13, 2019, 02:05:48 PM
Sybil's a fox. What's she doing with baldy Basil?

Emily Thornberry, surely?

kalowski

Basil: There's too much butter on those trays

Manuel: No. Is Uno, dos, tres

Del-boy: Tres bien ensembles, Basil. Bonnet de douche.