Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

koeman

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 13, 2019, 03:19:14 PM

Emily Thornberry, surely?

That must be a different Basil and Sybil, surely? But the same, ridiculous James Buckley-on-the-happy-pills Manuel.

Ferris

Quote from: koeman on October 13, 2019, 03:33:32 PM
That must be a different Basil and Sybil, surely? But the same, ridiculous James Buckley-on-the-happy-pills Manuel.

Similar question: Fraudulent Del is on the poster, but what of Inauthentic Rodney? Or Plastic Granddad?

Surely they are involved in some capacity.

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 13, 2019, 03:30:41 PM
i like how it has five stars for no reason

Those aren't stars. They're asterisks. Each one referring to a fault with the restaurant.

Glebe

Fambo Number Mive

Why not mention that this is a tribute show?

Noodle Lizard

I would absolutely go to this if it was at all convenient. How could you not? It's a 5 star event!

Fambo Number Mive

So many of these now they could have their own convention where lots of Basil, Sybil, Rodney and Del Comedy Players come together for conferences, panel discussions and stalls.

kalowski

Don't mention the bar. I fell through it once but I think I got away with it.

petril

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 13, 2019, 06:56:26 PM
So many of these now they could have their own convention where lots of Basil, Sybil, Rodney and Del Comedy Players come together for conferences, panel discussions and stalls.

"well yes there is a problem, actually..."

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Glebe on October 13, 2019, 04:36:16 PM

Nigel Planer has fallen on hard times.

Imagine if an actual, legitimate old school sitcom actor starred in one of these alongside the regular amdram dregs. I would love to see that.

TheMonk

*Grandad and Rodney unscrew the wrong moosehead*

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

*Preggers Casandra sees a rat scurrying across the Hotel floor, causing her to miscarry.*

gilbertharding

*The Walmington-on-Sea Platoon attempt to order Waldorf Salad*

Bad Ambassador

Victor Meldrew tries to buy four candles.

idunnosomename

imagine a THE SIMPSONS dining experience

JamesTC

Simon from The Inbetweeners has gotten himself a new job.

Ferris

Quote from: JamesTC on October 15, 2019, 01:15:52 AM

Simon from The Inbetweeners has gotten himself a new job.

Isn't the idea of this that, in order to skirt copyright law, you have to spell it a bit wrong ("faulty" towers)? And if so, how is the previously posted load of knockoff merchants still trading?

We should be told.

George White

Quote from: koeman on October 13, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
The old ladies from FT appeared in an episode of Only Fools, of course. Maybe they'll weave that into the dining narrative somehow.
Yes, which is why my 13-year-old self wrote a fanfic.

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 15, 2019, 02:50:16 AM
Isn't the idea of this that, in order to skirt copyright law, you have to spell it a bit wrong ("faulty" towers)? And if so, how is the previously posted load of knockoff merchants still trading?

We should be told.
theres no reason you cant use "fawlty towers" in your promo material as long as you make it clear its not official

It says it's a tribute show but i reckon its a bit dodgy. BBC worldwide could probably claim in court its misleading. But can they be arsed?

koeman

Quote from: George White on October 15, 2019, 07:22:25 AM
Yes, which is why my 13-year-old self wrote a fanfic.

I would like to read this.

Fambo Number Mive

purlieu

Quote from: Glebe on October 13, 2019, 02:05:16 AM
It would be great if we could organize a giant CaB meet up at one of these things, imagine it'd be a real hoot.
I'm up for this.

Ferris

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 16, 2019, 06:16:43 PMI'd literally fly into the UK for this.

...On a special flight featuring a Fawlty tribute doing the famous 'unmade' episode that would have included a plane-hijacking en route to visiting Manuel in Barcelona!

Fambo Number Mive

The picture of Basil shouting "Dining Invite!" as he throttles Manuel is amusing. Just imagining him saying this out of context.

imitationleather

Is there a no riff-raff rule?

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder who they reference instead of Henry Kissinger. Although "Kissinger" has a lovely sound.

no_offenc

I saw this monstrosity whilst meandering through town (Liverpool) a day or two ago:

I have no words for this. No clue if it's appeared upthread, either. Regardless, horrifying stuff.