Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I don't think it has been mentioned before.

Curious as to what it is like inside. Are there cocktails named after Del Boy and Rodney? Is it like the pub in Only Fools and Horses?

EDIT - found a news report:

Quote...Coming to Seel Street , Only Fools Bar will offer an immersive experience that will make customers feel like they're inside the popular 80s TV show.

The bar is set to be filled with recreations of the now iconic sets and backdrops from the show and will serve a Del Boy-inspired cocktail list and a menu to match.

Only Fools Bar will also feature a Nags Head area, dedicated to the much-loved fictional pub, with a fully functioning bar inside.

James Daly, co-owner of Only Fools Bar, said: "We're all huge fans of the show and we wanted to bring something totally different to the city.

"We're all from Liverpool so we know the city, we wanted to create a unique bar experience in a nostalgic setting."...

It's not opening until the beginning of November.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/only-fools-horses-bar-open-16926130

gilbertharding

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 17, 2019, 09:37:14 AM
The picture of Basil shouting "Dining Invite!" as he throttles Manuel is amusing. Just imagining him saying this out of context.

Basil would never use 'Invite' as a noun, mind you. I don't know if it even existed then - but now it does, it's seen as horribly non-U.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 17, 2019, 11:17:32 AM

Curious as to what it is like inside. Are there cocktails named after Del Boy and Rodney? Is it like the pub in Only Fools and Horses?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/only-fools-horses-bar-open-16926130

Cannot believe the people of Liverpool rejected my idea for a chain of bakeries to rival Greggs based on the Carla Lane sitcom Bread in favour of this.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Why would the Scouse cuntsgood people of Liverpool want to dedicate a bar to a bunch of cockney
gits? It's not like there's a " Bread " bar in Peckham.
Also, one of the unique attractions if that bar seems to be...er....a fully functioning bar. 

FredNurke

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 17, 2019, 11:22:48 AM
Basil would never use 'Invite' as a noun, mind you. I don't know if it even existed then - but now it does, it's seen as horribly non-U.

It did - in fact, it's existed since at least the mid 17th century.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: FredNurke on October 17, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

Not forgetting Mott's Roll Away the Stone in 1973. Perhaps he overheard Polly playing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sih9OVokuQ#t=1m52s

no_offenc

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 17, 2019, 01:33:22 PM
Why would the Scouse cuntsgood people of Liverpool want to dedicate a bar to a bunch of cockney
Also, one of the unique attractions if that bar seems to be...er....a fully functioning bar.

To be fair it screams "money laundering operation" to me. Nobody asked for it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: FredNurke on October 17, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

OK - it existed (I said I didn't know - not 'it didn't'), but would Basil have used it? I'd argue not.

George White

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 17, 2019, 01:33:22 PM
Scousers despise Bread.
It's basically Scouseface.

beanheadmcginty

Will there be a dedicated "falling through" area of the bar?

Glebe

Shave the 'tache, add a wig and glasses...

idunnosomename

Im not being rude but is sybil just a bloke in a wig

JamesTC

Mackenzie Crook has fallen on hard times.

Enzo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 20, 2019, 10:12:58 PM
Im not being rude but is sybil just a bloke in a wig

That or Lynn from IAP

Captain Z

Basil also doubles as Jed Maxwell and Richard the hamster Hammond.

Glebe

Quote from: JamesTC on October 20, 2019, 10:26:25 PMMackenzie Crook has fallen on hard times.

Quote from: JamesTC on October 20, 2019, 10:26:25 PMMackenzie Crook has fallen on hard times.

Or Rik Mayall impersonator fails, or Tim Vine has had a mental breakdown.

TheMonk

Feargal Sharkey in the role he was born to play.

Glebe

Quote from: TheMonk on October 21, 2019, 10:20:59 AM
Feargal Sharkey in the role he was born to play.

A good hotelier these days is hard to find.

purlieu

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 17, 2019, 11:17:32 AM

QuoteLiverpool will welcome its first ever Only Fools and Horses themed bar this year.
I love the wording of this. 'First ever' has so many connotations. Are there going to be more? Was one overdue?

alan nagsworth

Imagining it like that T.G.I. McScratchy's bar on The Simpsons where they celebrate New Year's Eve on repeat constantly.

Punter: "It must be wonderful to fall through the bar over and over."

Del impersonator: "Please, kill me."

JamesTC

Serves only drinks that have been mentioned on the show. Peckham Spring water and pre-blessed white wine.

All staff serve pork pies from their pockets.

Schedule:
8pm - Chandelier knocked down from the ceiling and everybody has to call Granddad a plonker
9pm - Groovy gang breakdancing contest
10pm - Singer with speech impediment
11pm - Del falls through the bar and Trigger pulls a face
12am - Blowup doll explodes

kalowski

JamesTC

The only person fake Basil Fawlty doesn't look like is John Cleese.

Fambo Number Mive

I imagine soon we will have a Fawlrly Towers dining experience that "updates" the Germans episode to mention Brexit, totally misunderdtanding the episode which most of the audience probably haven't seen anyway. I was going to write something on the HS Art thread but couldn't think of much to write.

Fambo Number Mive

DCI Roy Slater will be in Only Fools and 3 Courses the sequel. "And we all know what Del thinks of him"

"Cassandra and Rodney take a trip down memory lane (Rodney as a gladiator?!)

I like how they have early booking is advised and then five stars next to this for no reason.

Meanwhile Laughlines have a Change.org petition (my linking of this petition is NOT endorsing it, it sounds bizarre)

https://www.change.org/p/laughlines-ltd-has-uncovered-wrongdoing-which-is-in-the-in-the-public-interest

83 have signed

QuoteLaughlines® is the longest running provider of interactive and hilarious dinner shows.

By choosing  Laughlines® you are guaranteed the highest quality performances.

Performing in the UK since 1997 is proud to be the longest running provider of themed dinner shows.
We will supply you with the very best professional actors available in the comedy field, all of whom are particularly skilled at live improvisation and caricature.

Gurke and Hare

Is there any more information about that petition than the two brief paragraphs on that page? I can't see a link to anything else. Presumably it's just whining about not being allowed to completely ignore other people's copyright on the stuff they do?

The people behind this shitshow are now being sued by John Sullivan's estate.  Amazed it's taken this long, to be honest.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/01/20/45214/stop_this_hooky_del_boy_show!

Jockice

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on January 26, 2020, 05:24:20 PM
The people behind this shitshow are now being sued by John Sullivan's estate.  Amazed it's taken this long, to be honest.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/01/20/45214/stop_this_hooky_del_boy_show!

Why would a car sue someone?