Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

there's way more than one of these operations. i wonder how only fools and coach tours did. still my favourite youtube video

TEST YOUR MIGHT!

Captain Z

Anyone looking for a new avatar is spoiled for choice there.

idunnosomename

absolutely. many left to pick. CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 26, 2020, 09:56:15 PM
absolutely. many left to pick. CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

I'll take old "looks nothing like" Boycie, back centre. He'll fucking monster your pre-plonkered Rodney.

kalowski

idunnosomename

i mean honestly the likenesses in that aren't too bad. at least they're like the right heights and stuff.

never a Denzil, is there?

non capisco

Boycie looks like some kind of 1940s Poverty Row studio's ersatz version of Clark Gable. Who's the louche guy in the hat on the far right meant to be, Trigger? Eyyyy Dave, I'm sweeping here, whaddya want from me?

Rodney looks like a mutant cross of James Acaster and one of those little children that have that disease where they age really quickly and end up looking like a space alien. Who on earth is the woman on the far left meant to be? Cassandra? The Rodney looks more like Cassandra.

The Albert is the best I've ever seen.

petril

dying to see one with a white Denzil. not like blacked up or anything, just couldn't get hold of a bloke who is both in posession of some kind of acting ability, and black

Ferris

Quote from: non capisco on January 26, 2020, 10:37:29 PM
Boycie looks like some kind of 1940s Poverty Row studio's ersatz version of Clark Gable. Who's the louche guy in the hat on the far right meant to be, Trigger? Eyyyy Dave, I'm sweeping here, whaddya want from me?

Rodney looks like a mutant cross of James Acaster and one of those little children that have that disease where they age really quickly and end up looking like a space alien. Who on earth is it meant to be on the far left to Del Boy's right?

The Albert is the best I've ever seen.

The Albert is played by Charlie day from the looks of it

Jim Bob

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on January 26, 2020, 05:24:20 PM
The people behind this shitshow are now being sued by John Sullivan's estate.  Amazed it's taken this long, to be honest.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/01/20/45214/stop_this_hooky_del_boy_show!

That article lead me to looking up this video of a Blackadder dining experience.  Fuck me!  My first thought was that the guy playing Edmond must do a spot on impression, given that he doesn't look one iota like Rowan Atkinson (he'd make a half decent David Brent though), but no, they don't even show him 'in character', which leads me to believe that he's shite and he's only playing the lead role because he happens to be the manager of the company.

I also enjoyed the guy trying to play Percy, which amounted to putting on a high pitched posh voice and listing several Elizabethan era things, such as archery.  On the plus side, the woman playing Queenie wasn't too bad; passable at least.  The bit at the end, where they all mock laugh, is the cringiest bit of all.  What a sham.

non capisco

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 26, 2020, 10:42:50 PM
The Albert is played by Charlie day from the looks of it

Well, now I just really want to see an episode of Only Fools And Horses with Charlie Day playing Uncle Albert.

imitationleather

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 26, 2020, 10:48:07 PM
That article lead me to looking up this video of a Blackadder dining experience.  Fuck me!  My first thought was that the guy playing Edmond must do a spot on impression, given that he doesn't look one iota like Rowan Atkinson (he'd make a half decent David Brent though), but no, they don't even show him 'in character', which leads me to believe that he's shite and he's only playing the lead role because he happens to be the manager of the company.

I also enjoyed the guy trying to play Percy, which amounted to putting on a high pitched posh voice and listing several Elizabethan things, such as archery.  On the plus side, the woman playing Queenie wasn't too bad; passable at least.  The bit at the end, where they all mock laugh, is the cringiest bit of all.  What a sham.

Nice to see Kevin Eldon getting some work as Melchett.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 26, 2020, 10:48:07 PMI also enjoyed the guy trying to play Percy, which amounted to putting on a high pitched posh voice and listing several Elizabethan era things, such as archery.  On the plus side, the woman playing Queenie wasn't too bad; passable at least.  The bit at the end, where they all mock laugh, is the cringiest bit of all.  What a sham.

The Baldrick one's got Josh Widdecombe's voice.

Captain Z

It's alright they have a puddle lookalike

DrGreggles

Glebe

Rolf Lundgren

Most of them have got a few lines to say or some spiel but what's Cassandra going to do at these? While you're eating your steak and chips, she'll pop up behind your shoulder to talk about her miscarriage?

idunnosomename

rodders head is huge. it's like it's stuck out about three foot in front of everyone else. like his neck has extended

Glebe

It really would be fantastic to organise a CaB meet for one of these things. Guaranteed laughs.

Captain Z

I also assume at some point after paying their original graphic designer they were forced to rebrand from "Only Fools the Dining Experience".

Quote from: non capisco on January 26, 2020, 10:37:29 PMWho's the louche guy in the hat on the far right meant to be, Trigger?

Oh, for crying out loud, Shirley! Shirley! You can't burn tyres here, babe, it's National Trust property!

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on January 27, 2020, 11:51:10 PM
Most of them have got a few lines to say or some spiel but what's Cassandra going to do at these? While you're eating your steak and chips, she'll pop up behind your shoulder to talk about her miscarriage?

She'll put your coat on by mistake and drop you off at the wrong house after the show.

purlieu

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 26, 2020, 10:48:07 PM
I also enjoyed the guy trying to play Percy, which amounted to putting on a high pitched posh voice and listing several Elizabethan era things, such as archery.
Fucking hell, that truly is one of the least accurate impressions of anyone I've ever seen. Really quite remarkable that he gets paid to do that.
QuoteOn the plus side, the woman playing Queenie wasn't too bad; passable at least.
It helps that she's the only one who seems to have actually seen Blackadder II and thus knows who she's impersonating.

God, the 'bits of badly cut felt' beards are really depressing. The guy playing Blackadder describes his character as both "getting up to his usual tricks" and "getting up to his old tricks". i.e. he doesn't really know what the fuck he's talking about.

Jockice

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 27, 2020, 11:52:15 PM
rodders head is huge. it's like it's stuck out about three foot in front of everyone else. like his neck has extended

Please stop using it on your posts. It's freaking me out.

DrGreggles

Alberon

Well, that's not going to come alive and murder me in my sleep, is it?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm sure a lot of work went into that doll, but who would pay £400 for it? Donald Trump?

Ferris

Similar to the dining experiences, this item is a suitably shoddy ripoff (400 quid!) to be a fitting tribute to the real show.

Can't believe this thread was allowed to expire actually. Disgrace.