Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerButchi

Namtab

There's something so funny about knocking off an already cheap knock off. It's like when VHS tapes were copied from one generation to another, the already shit quality slowly fading into a disorientating blur.

kalowski

Chairman Bodog

I love that ancient Delboy is standing next to the audience members when they give their reviews. "Tell them what you think then. It was good when I said Bonnet de Douche, wasn't it?"

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Namtab on October 20, 2017, 02:01:06 AM
There's something so funny about knocking off an already cheap knock off.

By offering the USP of no Starter.

Porter Dimi

Found a truly painful one today - The Only Fools & Horses Comedy Dinner Show. The bloke playing Del Boy looks about 15?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUpssjMN3EI

St_Eddie

Quote from: Porter Dimi on November 04, 2017, 02:40:30 PM
The bloke playing Del Boy looks about 15?

Well, to be fair, he is playing Del Boy and not Del Man.

koeman

Found a truly painful one today - The Only Fools & Horses Comedy Dinner Show. The bloke playing Del Boy looks about 15?

And Tony Angelino looks about 14. Are we sure this isn't the Rock and Chips Dining Experience?

Trigger appears to be channelling Sam Dingle.

Porter Dimi

Remember that classic bit in Only Fools and Horses when Del Boy fell through Trigger?

Christ, that recreation of Del falling through the bar. And the audience reaction. Fucking hell.

Sgt. Duckie

The voiceover guy is from the Benest's school of line delivery.

Konki

Christ, we had a family wedding reception there! I thought it was from the establishing shot and then someone mentioned it at the end. Looks like we missed a trick not getting them in as a classy bit of entertainment.

JoeyBananaduck

That poor Jacqueline Wilson looking woman doing the vox pop looks like this show took something precious from her that she knows all too well will never be returned.

idunnosomename

So for all the things in St Asaph that are prefixed with "homemade", I am to assume are out of a packet?

idunnosomename

also haha i can't get over "two courses" and the del boy who seems to be permanently having a fit.

WHat's next, "only glasses of wine and a pizza"?

Ferris

Quote from: PowerButchi on October 20, 2017, 01:53:44 AM
oooh, A challenger appears. ONLY FOODS AND TWO COURSES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTmmBjZzdx8

I love the guerilla style of the shoot - it's like a Panorama: Exposed documentary.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 05, 2017, 02:41:22 PM
also haha i can't get over "two courses" and the del boy who seems to be permanently having a fit.

WHat's next, "only glasses of wine and a pizza"?

3 Pints Of Lager and a Lovely Dinner: The Experience

Featuring all those legendary gags we all know from the much loved BBC3 sitcom. This one would probably be able to get much of the original cast back together.

Replies From View

Stepping on a Toe and Eating a Scone

Ferris

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on October 20, 2017, 08:08:56 AM
I love that ancient Delboy is standing next to the audience members when they give their reviews. "Tell them what you think then. It was good when I said Bonnet de Douche, wasn't it?"

I noticed this, the dodgy bastards cajoling a good review out of people's politeness. As has been pointed out, entirely inkeeping with the tone of the show.

The look of horror as the hapless vox pops realize what they are doing. And a very hooky Del watching "that's right you bastard, help perpetuate this fraud on the public - go on, it was good yeah? Say it was good so we can con more mugs like you into forking over their cash, you cunt. We fucking had you, mate. And made you say you enjoyed it! Now slink off you fucking plonker, we're done with you."

Replies From View

I love when the camera catches some of the diners looking fully pissed off with the entire situation.  Like they wish they were eating anywhere else.

Rolf Lundgren

They got Basil Fawlty in to do Boycie. Hang on a minute there's an idea. Only Fools and Fawlty Courses.

Replies From View

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on November 05, 2017, 07:01:20 PM
They got Basil Fawlty in to do Boycie. Hang on a minute there's an idea. Only Fools and Fawlty Courses.

Only Fawlsty Horsetowers Eating Experience.

Bhazor

What dining experiences would you lot like? Personally I'd like a Russian Institute themed one. Nay anal though. Not when I'm eating. I mean have some decorum.

Fambo Number Mive

What about a slam poetry dining experience?

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 05, 2017, 03:23:32 PM
3 Pints Of Lager and a Lovely Dinner: The Experience

Featuring all those legendary gags we all know from the much loved BBC3 sitcom. This one would probably be able to get much of the original cast back together.

I'm not sure that would mean anything without the original cast, because the characters are so piss-weak.

But what else can we look forward to? Chalk and Cheese? Jam on Toast? (maybe a mash-up?) The Peter Principle and a Standard 3-Plate Evening Meal by a Local Catering Firm?

Replies From View

A Wooky Hole Caves dining experience where all the diners get to wipe bogeys on the walls of the cave at the end.

idunnosomename

Of course my top choice would be a Bodger and Badger dining experience.

Replies From View

I'd quite like a Miss Havisham's Room of Rotten Wedding Foods dining experience.

petril

the Captain Butler seafaring nosh tribute

idunnosomename

Time Gentlemen Please pub grub

Babes in the Wood tapas

Curry and Chips