Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'UK Nova is closed'

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, September 19, 2004, 01:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

It is. I had only just started using it as well. Oh well. Do you think they mean they have been made to close? If so how long do you reckon suprnova has got?

splattermac

I joined that the other day just to see what was available. I'm still waiting for the authorisation email to arrive, two days delay so far so maybe it is fucked, or for new signups at least.

Azureus is good though isn't it, I wasn't using torrents before because there was no bandwidth throttle and it was unfair on my housemates whom I share the connection with. Now I can split my upload speed between soulseek and Azureus and join in the downloading fun :)

A Passing Turk Slipper

Ah crap. I knew that I had gone to the wrong place or something, I've been using that address too weekender. I'm an idiot.

Kendo Nagasaki

Quote from: "splattermac"I joined that the other day just to see what was available. I'm still waiting for the authorisation email to arrive, two days delay so far so maybe it is fucked, or for new signups at least.

Azureus is good though isn't it, I wasn't using torrents before because there was no bandwidth throttle and it was unfair on my housemates whom I share the connection with. Now I can split my upload speed between soulseek and Azureus and join in the downloading fun :)

Hmm - just signed up, email received.

[/gloat]

My Giddy Aunt

Not quite the right thread to bump, but heh its all i could find!

uk nova is accepting sign ups right now it seems (cos i just did) if anyone wants to.

Suttonpubcrawl

Oh my God, you nearly gave me a heart attack!

My Giddy Aunt

soz - i thought it might.
Hopefully someone will edit the thread title.

surreal

me too, you git!!!!

anyway, I've just tried the signup page and they're not accepting, so I dunno how you managed it, but welcome to the club!

Maximash

'Sorry. This site is not open for public use.'

Oh.....

goody

My Giddy Aunt

hmmm, maybe i stole the only place they had!

Anyways, best keep everyone on their toes.

Captain Crunch

So what's the coup then, do you just keep checking and checking until a portal into paradise opens up or what?

My Giddy Aunt

I dunno. I never have been able to and just on the off chance had a look this afternoon. No idea how it works.

I noticed a couple of people asking how to get on the other day so was hoping i could help anyone else out who wanted to. I clearly couldnt!

splattermac

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"So what's the coup then, do you just keep checking and checking until a portal into paradise opens up or what?

Or if you know someone with an account who isn't a greedy downloading bastard (me me me free free free) you can share it. That's what I do with a couple of folk I know and none of us have been banned so it must be an acceptable work-around to not being able to register.

chav

Please don't bump year-old threads with inaccurate information! For the record, UKN have always allowed sign-ups, the max users is 30,000. Go to the front page, sometimes it's a handful below.

Now then, got an oink.me.uk invite to share, by way of an apology?

zozman

Dunno about that - every time I've tried to sign up the 30,000 number is full.  I've signed up now, so thanks Joyless  3 places left if you're quick!

Slackboy

Last time I tried I got in after about a minute and a half. Perhaps I was just lucky but I get the feeling that they kick people off all the time. I don't really understand the limit though, surely with torrents more is better isn't it?

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Slackboy"I don't really understand the limit though, surely with torrents more is better isn't it?

Isn't the problem with tracker bandwidth or something like that?

Timmay

More people who actually share, yes. It's the people that don't upload that they kick off - ie. the leechers who are bad for the network.

chav

I read that people below 0.1 have the most to fear. Everyone else should be OK. Everyone should strive to reach 1.0 however. The bar will gradually rise.

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: "chav"Please don't bump year-old threads with inaccurate information! For the record, UKN have always allowed sign-ups, the max users is 30,000. Go to the front page, sometimes it's a handful below.

Now then, got an oink.me.uk invite to share, by way of an apology?

I aint apologising for nuffink.

levitica

This thread worried me.  I thought I'd missed my own birthday when I saw the dates.

ColaCoca

Has it really gone now?  I just got this:

THIS WEBSPACE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED DUE TO NON PAYMENT!

If you are the owner of this domain and wish to get your site back online please login to your account control panel (www.control.streamline.net) and update your billing details.

Rubbish Monkey

www.uknova.com is working for me, although they seem to have deleted my account even though I had a decent enough ratio :-(

Do they delete the account if you dont use it for a couple of months?

gazzyk1ns

RM: Yes, I'm pretty sure they do.

CC: The thread starter just got the URL wrong, it's .com and not .co.uk... that was a year ago, JM bumped it today to say they were taking new members again.

Rev

Yeah, you have to log in at least once a month otherwise your account is deleted...  many webmail accounts are the same, so I suppose it's fair enough.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Rev"Yeah, you have to log in at least once a month otherwise your account is deleted...  

Oh crappit.  No-one told me that.

*goes and mourns his now deceased 2.13 ratio*

mook

How bad does your share ratio have to be before they kick you off?

I'm pretty new to this torrenting lark, and because a lot of the stuff I was downloading never had anybody leeching from me, my ratio has gone down to about 0.6.

I suppose the best thing I can do is d/l a popular file and leave it seeding for ages!

My what a pointless post. hmm

Beagle 2

Yeah, mine was pretty crap until I went away for the weekend and left Doctor Who seeding, when I got back I was a power user or whatever they call it.

Sadly I'm now back on dial up. Cock it.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "mook"How bad does your share ratio have to be before they kick you off?

I'm pretty new to this torrenting lark, and because a lot of the stuff I was downloading never had anybody leeching from me, my ratio has gone down to about 0.6.

They won't kick you off at 0.6.  There are people on there with 0.05 ratio that still seem to be there, but it's them rather than you who are in danger of being kicked off.  Personally I'm at a ratio of 0.3 (which I've been trying to build up very slowly, but it ain't easy) and I think I'm fairly safe for the moment.