Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'UK Nova is closed'

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, September 19, 2004, 01:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

In series 4 of Knightmare, the dungeoneer on the winning team was called Dickon Hairs.

I downloaded it from UKN actually, and yes, it was rubbish and I deleted it with happy childhood memories in tatters.

Robot Devil

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"This thread has only been posted to in the month of September, but over the course of two years. Go on, check back, there are posts for September 2004, September 2005 and now September 2006, but no other months! I'm going to bump this thread again in September 2007.

I already implied that, you fanny.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Robot Devil"I already implied that, you fanny.

Ah well, I didn't see your post. I shall have to console myself by turning to alcoholism, it's the only way I will be able to cope with having made such a glaring oversight.

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"In series 4 of Knightmare, the dungeoneer on the winning team was called Dickon Hairs.
My friends won knightmare.

chav

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"
Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"In series 4 of Knightmare, the dungeoneer on the winning team was called Dickon Hairs.
My friends won knightmare.

That's really cool, unless they were the team to win in the very final episode, who quite blatantly should've lost a million times because they were incredibly awful but the programme makers let them win despite them OBVIOUSLY getting half the puzzles wrong just because they knew it was the final episode.

My Giddy Aunt

Heh! You actually care?!!  

Here they are - http://www.knightmare.com/series/5/?page=winners

I dont remember them being so small.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"Heh! You actually care?!!  

Here they are - http://www.knightmare.com/series/5/?page=winners

I dont remember them being so small.

Hey hey! We had a Knightmare evening at college many months ago and we watched this team's entire slog through the dungeons! It was great fun.

Dark Poet

Sorry, it's October.

Dumb question - the 24 hour delay - that's "real time" isn't it?  As opposed to online time.

Robot DeNiro

Yes, it's real time, i.e. you will be able to start downloading 24 hours after the torrent appeared on UKNova.

For future reference, this was probably a techie question, which aren't really welcome around here.  The UK Nova forums would have been a better place to ask.

Plus everytime this thread gets bumped, I go into a panic.  Such a scaremongering thread title...

Dark Poet

Thanks.

And you're right although I endured less embarassment this way.  Probably.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"I'm going to bump this thread next month, just to spoil it.

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"You'll forget!

Ha!

Suttonpubcrawl

You're too late, Dark Poet already ruined it. Cough WANKERS.

imitationleather

Can we please have a new thread about the place we musn't mention which doesn't say it's closed in the title? Not that we should mention it if it does close, or even if it stays open. That isn't to say I have a clue exactly what this place is, of course. Or even whether it's open or closed.

Who the fuck am I, anyway?

Santa's Boyfriend

Someone please lock this thread!

John Self

Okay SB, I'll do what I can: always (but not always) happy to help.  A three-pronged approach would be best, I reckon.

1) Does anyone know if there's an application or plug-in for Windows XP that will enable me to stop crying when I play certain... 'media files'? I'm really keen to get as much distance between the two activities as possible- I've heard that you get the most out of both that way. (n.b: I'm still using the old version of Firefox, but will happily update if necessary)

2) I have four pounds and thirty-two pence, which I am willing to sell for the knock-down price of only £7.09. Interested? PM me for details.

3) My name is sinner, and I confess that I think Almost Yearly is a right old flipping bumhead.

chav

4) PM me if you need an Oink invite.

Deadman97

Without wishing to cause alarm, UKN does seem to be down at the mo...

butnut

No it isn't. Who the fuck are you to say that, anyway?

mothman

Yes, not everyone cares about your personal inability to access UKN, etc., etc.

Deadman97

Gah. Why can't I get to the goodness? Anyway.

ColaCoca

I know it's not September yet but I can't get in so I thought I'd put the willies up everyone else too

mook

There was a notice on the main page earlier today saying something techy about "servers" and that the site would be down later today ( I forget when) for about 4 hours. I expect that's it.

Paul Dee

Quote from: "ColaCoca"I know it's not September yet but I can't get in so I thought I'd put the willies up everyone else too

What happens in September?

chav

Yeh, the place has been creaking again recently, which confuses me since they always have 30,000 users. Torrents can't be that much bigger & take longer to complete than say 12 months ago - where did all the capacity go?

ColaCoca

Quote from: "Paul Dee"

What happens in September?

It's traditional to bump this thread in September.

Quotewhere did all the capacity go?

Everyone slagging off Torchwood in the forum perhaps.

Santa's Boyfriend

Would someone PLEASE lock this thread!!!

Toad in the Hole

Sorry to put the fear in everyone again, but does anyone know when the UKN servers do their purge of users - i.e. at what time of day it might be possible to sign up?

Peking O

Why the fuck doesn't someone just start a new thread? We have about 50 Ricky Gervais threads, and this one for UK Nova.

I've started one for you. Let's use that instead.