Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lords of the Fallen

Started by The Boston Crab, March 09, 2015, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is an arcadey, dumbed-down yet more clunky version of Dark Souls I bought for twenty quid with PS+ discount, simply to tide me over til Bloodborne. I've played about an hour of it so far. It does make me wonder why they bothered. YouTube Dark Souls lore champ, VaatiVidya, did something on it before it was released and titled the vid Clunky Souls, from memory. Basically, that's accurate.

It looks pretty good but the art direction is beyond generic, no atmosphere at all. The enemies are cartoony and often just stand still, you can two-hand them to death before they even aggro. The first big boss did kill me first time around but then second go I learned there's only one window to attack, which is also totally foolproof. I'm going to keep playing it because I want to give it a fair go, and it will likely make Bloodborne feel even greater but I just wanted to warn anyone else. Don't bother, even at twenty quid.