Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"I DON’T LIKE SHIT, I DON’T GO OUTSIDE." Earl's new album

Started by Bored of Canada, March 18, 2015, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
His new video's just dropped, 'Grief'. 

The more I listen to this one, the more I like it. I wasn't too sure about the lo-fi nature. Generally, I love really raw shit, but this one didn't carry the same atmosphere until he slows things right down in the second half and then it got me right on board. I really liked Doris. I'm very curious about this one.

I like the slow wooziness of this.
It's a bit like Chum, I like when he goes stark and simple and is content to just slowly amble through his rhymes about things he clearly cares about. Got a real thick mood to it.

I fell in love when I first heard the self-titled Earl track back in the day, but I think he's doing well in growing out of that. Feels like embracing the personal and the genuine.

Ja'moke

Much like with Kendrick's new one the label fucked up the roll out for the album. Earl was spitting venom on Twitter the other day about it.

But for fans of hip hop like myself it just means 2015 is the year that keeps on giving. New Kendrick, new Kanye and now new Earl? Yes please. And we've still got Action Bronson's major label debut next week, and a the new Nas album to come.

This is on Spotify now. At least in Australia. They generally drop on Spotify earlier here due to us technically being in the future but I'm listening and really liking so far. Want to listen at home though just lying on the carpet with a cup though.

newbridge

Terrible, flow-less rap in the vein of what has miraculously become the industry standard. But I like the album title.

iamcoop

Quote from: newbridge on March 25, 2015, 02:28:29 AM
Terrible, flow-less rap in the vein of what has miraculously become the industry standard. But I like the album title.

He's the best out of Odd Future, which I guess isn't saying a lot to be honest. The beats are always the most interesting thing about his stuff IMO.