Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

90s videogame show Bad Influence now available on line

Started by Bhazor, March 21, 2015, 11:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

The same episode features a preview of Alone in The Dark. That scared me shitless at the time, I would not recommend it for the young of age who would be watching Bad Influence.

Spiteface

Quote from: Consignia on March 23, 2015, 11:56:50 PM
Barcode Battler is a nice idea in theory. Imagine if it actually created unique Pokemon-type characters, and had a battle system like that. The kids would have gone 'nanas for it.

That sounds pretty cool, if someone were to ever try and bring it back.

I'm actually picturing something where the user gets to pick a "base" monster type (although I'm sure someone could make it so a barcode generates a monster from scratch too), and barcodes give the monster different attributes or "features"

I wish I had the skill/time/resources to do something like that. A Barcode Battler-type Kaiju game sounds pretty metal.

PaulTMA

I remember Alien Sex Fiend were guests on the show once, but they had to be renamed 'A.S.F.' for this purpose. 

Another memory is that someone wrote in to Mean Machines magazine, incredulous at how bad the show was. "The child reviewer said she liked the game simply because there were birds in it."

Replies From View

Quote from: Spiteface on April 03, 2015, 06:50:48 PM
That sounds pretty cool, if someone were to ever try and bring it back.

I'm actually picturing something where the user gets to pick a "base" monster type (although I'm sure someone could make it so a barcode generates a monster from scratch too), and barcodes give the monster different attributes or "features"

I wish I had the skill/time/resources to do something like that. A Barcode Battler-type Kaiju game sounds pretty metal.

The Kinder Egg people could do one where you unlock characters within a game by scanning barcodes of characters obtained inside Kinder Eggs.

I'd be surprised if something similar didn't already exist, to be honest.  It's just that we've fallen behind in our goal to know about 100% of all mobile apps and products in the world.

great_badir

Quote from: Spiral King on March 21, 2015, 11:18:01 PM
Because he provided the BACK DOOR to video games cheats and tips!!!!! GEDDIT?!?!?!?!?!

Actually, the given reason for this was that that was what his job actually was[NB]Don Was, who was in Was Not Was[/NB] - doorman.

HUGE BAD INFLUENCE FAN HERE!

Spiral King

Quote from: great_badir on April 10, 2015, 02:06:47 PM
Actually, the given reason for this was that that was what his job actually was[NB]Don Was, who was in Was Not Was[/NB] - doorman.

HUGE BAD INFLUENCE FAN HERE!

Yeah, he was the doorman to the BACK DOOR TO CHEATS AND TIPS AND ALL THE BEST CODES... because... backwards...?

idfk

Steven

It's an anagram of Moron Ad, which is what cheats are. He was satirising the cheating cunts all along like a real punk!

Replies From View

Bad Influence had one of those "burst of information" things during the credits at the end which they'd always warn you in advance to set your video recorder for.  I loved that.  Not that I ever videoed it of course, for I had none of these games or consoles.

Spiteface

I remember doing it when all the cheats for Sonic 2 came out (They unveiled the level select code the previous week, then recapped it last week in the datablast along with the Super Sonic and debug mode code). I could never get a still enough image using pause on my video to make it worthwhile otherwise.