Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

selling work

Started by untitled_london, September 20, 2004, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

untitled_london

okies - a freind of mne want to shift some of her work.

i have no idea, but i figured you guys would.

cheers muchly in advance.

fanny splendid

Ebay?
Local newspaper?
Web site?
Gallery?
Agent?
Car boot sale?
Market?
Street stall?

splattermac

Pyramid selling scheme
Door to door
Tea room window
An ad in the back of Watercolour weekly/applicable art mag name here
Word of mouth
Library display board
Post office display board
Supermarket display board
Put on an exhibition in a cafe, club, erm...

fanny splendid

Quote from: "splattermac"Put on an exhibition in a cafe, club, erm...

Or in your own home.

When I was at Uni, I went to an exhibition in someone's home. I was at Uni in the Midlands, and the house was in London somewhere, but the lecturers who had organised the trip had obviously head of it, and thought it a worthwhile visit.

Which brings me another one: College or University. She could try being the 'visiting' artist?

Is she good looking?

untitled_london

heh,

my bad.

what i should have said is that she's trying sell her work online, as in digital images (photos, shoppery, illustator work etc), so i was after istock type linkys if you guys know of any.

and, yeah - i'd say she rates pretty highly on the hawt scale.

:D

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "splattermac"
An ad in the back of Watercolour weekly

Did anyone used to catch Watercolour Challenge on Channel 4 in the afternoons, a couple of years ago? I used to be hooked on it, specifically because I was fascinated at how uninterested I could be in something.

Timmay

I know it's at least 9 threads below this one, and the title of "Selling Photos Online" is perhaps not clear enough, but you could have referred to my previous thread about this.

gazzyk1ns

Keep us posted on how you're doing Timmay, I was really bored some time last week at an insane time of the morning and so went into the memberlist here and had a quick browse around a lot of the top posters' websites, I seem to remember  being impressed with yours! I liked the front page.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Timmay"I know it's at least 9 threads below this one, and the title of "Selling Photos Online" is perhaps not clear enough, but you could have referred to my previous thread about this.

Now Untitled has expanded further on his requirements, then yes, you're thread is just beautiful for the job.
xxx

Quote from: "fanny"I just saw this site, and it's basic package is £25 a year with no commission.

untitled_london

i did notice that thread timmay, cheers.

but, i rember another from a good while back that provided me with this linky:

http://www.artshole.co.uk/

i can't find the thread yet, but, i was after more of the same.

[edit: found it]