Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:15:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

will you check out my band please and tell me what you think

Started by Ratto, September 21, 2004, 10:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratto

all opinions are welcome

take a few listens to the tracks, cause they aint instantly commerical.

thanks buds

Ratto

and if the mods look at this

i aint promoting anything, just want as many opinions on our music as possible.

no1 reads the rules anyway so dont say "ooooo read the rules,dont sign up to promote your twardy little websites"

if you ban people who are trying to get new music to diffrent people then your site is well gay.

TraceyQ

How about you join in discussion and not just come on here to spam?

I'll give your stuff a spin and then we can all start again, eh?

In return you can listen to:

http://www.overplay.co.uk/band.asp?band_id=1000421

and

http://www.overplay.co.uk/band.asp?band_id=1000223

Quoteif you ban people who are trying to get new music to diffrent people then your site is well gay.

Not gay, homage.

Ratto

ok tracey, thanks for not being a knobhead.

il check out your stuff like.

TraceyQ

Have you been signing up to a lot of messageboards to push this? you seem to have had a fair number of hits. The site says you have other (better) stuff available any chance you can mail a couple of tracks over to thecompendium@gmail.com and if I approve it may just make the playlist for the show next week. Cheers.

I like what I've heard so far but it is along the lines of elbow/muse/travis. No bad thing, natch, but you need to make sure you have something different about your sound. The tracks sound pretty tight, though and the singers voice is pretty good. How old are you all, you look about 12?

Ratto

about 12

har har ;)

were all 25

im the singer with the wooley hat.

we havent got other stuff available yet, were too skint to afford studio time, we got one more track around somewhere il try get that to ya.

are you involved in the two bands you mentioned?

Ratto

sorry but i disagree with your comments saying you need to have something diffrent about your sound

the current crop of new indie/rock artists all sound the same

franz ferdinand sound like any 80s band

keane sound like coldplay but much duller

snow patrol like coldplay

all that garage rock stuff all sounds the same ei the hives, the strokes etc

music aint original anymore cause its all been done before, nowadays i think writing good songs is more important than sounding diffrent.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Ratto"
are you involved in the two bands you mentioned?

Only in the manner we all go out to the boozer quite a lot. I do a community radio programme and get to hear plenty of unsigned stuff  through that... check out "The Compendium" thread.

Make sure you catch Chester Road on tour. Best unsigned band in the country, mindblowing live.

Why should you sound different? To make me sit up and listen, that's why, after a while even the best band's music can turn into a drone....

Frinky

Quote from: "Ratto"music aint original anymore cause its all been done before, nowadays i think writing good songs is more important than sounding diffrent.

Punctuation. Punctuation is also quite important.

Ratto

ok cool.

il check those two bands out when i on another computer, cause this one aint got speakers.

good luck to the two bands you support

il get my drummer to send you a track that might be suitable for your radio thing.

Ratto

puncuation is boring, unless your in exam or writing an essay, otherwise i say just write how you wanna write.

this aint school is it?

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Ratto"this aint school is it?

It might be, I'll just check.

Borboski

Quote from: "Ratto"otherwise i say just write how you wanna write.

this aint school is it?

Oh yes la-de-dah ANYTHING GOES doesn't it never mind commas and spellag mistakes, it's like the decadence of Wiemar bloody Germany here sometimes.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Ratto"

il get my drummer to send you a track that might be suitable for your radio thing.

hehe...

You'll get your drummer to do something!!!

hehe...

Ratto

chester road are playing somewhere near me soon, the nags head nuneaton.

il check them out, but i will tell them that the band name is probaly the worst in the existence of band names.

TraceyQ

Quoteil check them out, but i will tell them that the band name is probaly the worst in the existence of band names.

Sez you!

It's a Walsall thing.

MonkeyDrummer

Quotesorry but i disagree with your comments saying you need to have something diffrent about your sound

music aint original anymore cause its all been done before, nowadays i think writing good songs is more important than sounding diffrent.

So you aspire to be regarded in the same vein as Franz, Keane and Snow Patrol?[/quote]

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Ratto"music aint original anymore
cause its all been done before,
nowadays i think writing good songs
is more important than sounding wrong.

That rhymes better.

chand

Quote from: "Ratto"sorry but i disagree with your comments saying you need to have something diffrent about your sound

Wow, that really makes me want to listen to your band.

Timmay

What The World Wants: What with my iPod alledgedly being full of Lou Bega, I'm obviously not to be listened to, but the singer sounds pissed, drawls through the words, and they all mash into one long innnttthheeehaaasseebllleeeergh, which I'm not sure is A Good Thing. A good voice, but I feel the vocals needs to be slightly stronger, with less whining-like drawling.

EDIT: Ahh, the chorus is stronger, oh yes.

Ratto

cheers timmy

thats the kind of opinion we want

the vocals are weak in parts on that recording, 3 years old like.

we need new recordings

Quote from: "Ratto"the Hives

I'm not going to hear anything against the Hives.  just no.

Neil

Listen, you prick, it's extremely rude to sign up to a forum just to promote your music, and then not to even post it in the right fucking forum.  Plus, there's a thread where you can post your tunes http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=672

We really don't need stroppy little twats like you signing up solely to pimp a website.

Mr Colossal

At first i didn't like it... By ur typin i woz xpectin u 2 b a bad- as gangsta rappa. I tally agree with the pisshead comments on 'what the world wants' I though it was saying 'the shell must go on'. It is suposed to be 'show' right?

I did like the 'windy' effects,  and would recomment starting with them and reworking the beggining before going straight into the first chorus, which your slurry vocals go quite well with.  First impressions do count, especially if your unsigned -and to be honest, I thought  the first minute is the weakest part of the song, it picks up quite nicely from the verse that begins on 1.15 secs inwards.

I do really like Cerulean Clearing, perhaps you should make it your first song, as it has hardly any flaws, rather than risk people listening to your first  song and switching off after the first minute... Its really chilled, reminds me of some of blurs more relaxing songs..

But and Between radiohead and Muse? Muse are like an electronic rock opera, i would oput you right down the radiohead end of that comparision.

But Neil is also right... Its not on to sign up purely for exposure, especially when you havn't got an interest in other discussions.I recently  posted a seperate thread about online music communities which has only had replies from 2 people... As you've gotten 200 views here alone,which is probably responsible for taking you to the top of the charts.

Ratto

hey man i agree that its cheeky to only sign up to a site to promote your band, but hey if your gonna  get anywhere you gotta be a bit cheeky and push to the front of the que.

sure its out of order, but hey.

you dont get nowhere from being nice

cheers for your honest opinions

the shell must go on haha

i need to learn to prounonce stuff better in songs i no

Neil

I would probably never listen to the music of someone who has to randomly sign up to messageboards to promote it, it can't be much cop if you have to do this.  I'd especially steer clear of the sites of people who use words like "gay" as an insult.

Mr Colossal

Quote from: "Ratto"hey man i agree that its cheeky to only sign up to a site to promote your band, but hey if your gonna  get anywhere you gotta be a bit cheeky and push to the front of the que.

sure its out of order, but hey.

you dont get nowhere from being nice

You get respect, which is worth more than numbers... Well to me anyway.