Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

will you check out my band please and tell me what you think

Started by Ratto, September 21, 2004, 10:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratto

neil old lad

sure its wrong to come here and promote (im a dick i admit this), but hey you never know whos listening and who you might meet by getting people to listen to your stuff

dont matter if its on a site like this or any other, who knows you might meet which could lead on to something else.

Quote from: "Ratto"you never know whos listening and who you might meet by getting people to listen to your stuff... who knows you might meet which could lead on to something else.

Some very important people read these pages.

TraceyQ

Yes, self-promotion is a wonderful thing, but I do wonder why you are pimping three year old stuff that you say is not up to your recent standards. Well, you've got people listening today, that's a fact., just not sure you'll get them listening tomorrow.  Nothing against the music at all, all of us are more than happy to hear new stuff, hell Dr David V did a magnificent mix of one of the Chester Road tracks, but attitude counts for a lot. There's always someone that's cooler than you. Aint that a fact?

Quote from: "TraceyQ"There's always someone that's cooler than you.

The question is, are you cooler if you make the music or if you're the one playing it on radio?

and does owning an iPod drastically unbalance the equation altogether?

TraceyQ

Hmmm, not sure about that one, but I qualify on two counts on that.

<looks smug>

<realises she's a twat>

<fucks off>

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "Ratto"hey man i agree that its cheeky to only sign up to a site to promote your band, but hey if your gonna  get anywhere you gotta be a bit cheeky and push to the front of the que.

sure its out of order, but hey.

you dont get nowhere from being nice

cheers for your honest opinions

the shell must go on haha

i need to learn to prounonce stuff better in songs i no

Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry's younger brother, everybody!

Silver SurferGhost

Quote from: "Ratto"you gotta be a bit cheeky and push to the front of the que.
Push to the front of the what?

Do you see what I did th....oh, fuck off then.

I'll be candid and admit I can't be arsed to listen (purely on the strength of what you've written here so far and the apparent attitude behind it) but I hope your lyrics are better than you're spelyng and yor granma. I've been well put off by that alone. See, pushiness sometimes backfires on you.

Which is a shame, as your band might sound great. I'll just never know now.

I'm not trying to be needlessly nasty there, but if someone turns up here and pimps first and posts second then I'm not interested. Maybe you should have left it a bit, made some unconnected posts, and then proffered your wares.
If it is indeed a few years old, it's not like there's any rush then is it?

Quote from: "Ratto"this aint school is it?
Yes. This is The School of Life.

Me telling it like it is, yesterday

Ratto

theres a few good examples on here of the stereotypical internet geek

the kind that thinks the internet is like real life and will say stuff that in real life they would be too scared to say.

fact is, if your offensive and calling people twats for no reason there is a lot of people who would put you in your place.

Quote from: "Ratto"and will say stuff that in real life they would be too scared to say (mainly cause they would get knocked out)

personally I see red when anyone says anything bad about the Hives.
and hearing Snow Patrol and Travis make me angry.

Ratto

the man with brass eyes is one of the cooler ones on here

too many internet geeks though who cry if everyone doesnt use perfect punctuation.

But, punctuation takes time and I'm a busy man, not like most of you who have your whole worthless days to punctuate perfectly..

GET A LIFE

Quote from: "Ratto"the man with brass eyes is one of the cooler ones on here

nah, I'm just the worst of a bad bunch.
stick around, this place is pretty great, there are less pricks here than the rest of the Internet World.

Ratto

respect man.

it just makes me laugh when people are offensive online, cause you just know that these are the type of people who in reality would say nothing cause they cowards.

i guess the internet gives the geeks and cowards a chance to voice their opinion.

Frinky

Quote from: "Ratto"the kind that thinks the internet is like real life and will say stuff that in real life they would be too scared to say (mainly cause they would get knocked out)  

sad fuckers

Oh yeah, we're terrified of Captain Stupid Jaw and Team Fucky Fringe...

Are you going to grimace us to death? Check the general forum, you'll see where we all are on the 28th of next month, feel free to come by and say hello!

Quote from: "Ratto"the man with brass eyes is one of the cooler ones on here

too many internet geeks though who cry if everyone doesnt use perfect punctuation.

But, punctuation takes time and I'm a busy man, not like most of you who have your whole worthless days to punctuate perfectly..

GET A LIFE

Well done for being a sterotypical internet user!

Anyway, as for opinions...

You're ok. The production is pretty shoddy, you might want to look into that a little more before you pimp your songs any further, becuase it would very likely make the world of difference. You've got a cheek saying you're sick of other bands all sounding the same... when you sound like a billion other unsigned bands.

I personally thought the vocals were ok, though I like weaker sorts of voices.

You should try putting out some live MP3s, that'd be a fairer test.

Quote from: "Ratto"respect man.

you haven't heard what I think of your music yet...

Ratto

that is pretty funny frinky

but you know what i mean, there is certain people on here who wouldnt say what they say on here to people they dont really know (in real life)

Frinky

No, you'd be suprised. They're a good bunch, and they will say anything to each others faces. I've been there, heard them, been offended.

But yes, live MP3s will help...

Rats

You're happy to use my name but not my thread? You can check your own bloody band out. The one on the right looks like me after a very bad night.
I'll have a listen later on.

Edit: Blimey, you pronounce less consinants than me! That's impossible unless you're on heroin. Yeah, it was alright.

Silver SurferGhost

Quote from: "Ratto"theres a few good examples on here of the stereotypical internet geek

the kind that thinks the internet is like real life and will say stuff that in real life they would be too scared to say.

fact is, if your offensive and calling people twats for no reason there is a lot of people who would put you in your place.

Let's have those smileys back, for one night only, eh?
This time, carry on past the first paragraph before you leap at your keyboard with fists blazing.

I wouldn't be scared to say it to you in real life, I just doubtless couldn't be arsed unless you were trying to elicit my opinion on something in an annoying manner...I'm not commenting on your music, because your methodology has put me off wanting to find out anything about it.  You wanted opinions and that's mine, as I was trying to tell you before in my own inimitable fashion.

I wasn't being particularly offensive either, certainly not by the standards of these forums (which you'd know if you'd spent any amount of time reading or contributing to them), people merrily take the piss out of each other all over the shop. Jokey banter with a crispy outer shell and a diamond-hard centre see, there's a lot of it about here. Silly pics and that. You can take it seriously if you wish, but I can be a lot more offensive than that if I want to be.
Quite a few people could find how you've gone about this thread (and your earlier attempt at it in GD) fairly offensive if they chose to, so it's all a matter of opinion, innit?

I was trying to draw your attention to the fact that you've gone about this in a fairly unsatisfactory manner from my angle, as I still haven't listened to your band and feel less inclined to do so with every post you make. Not just because (as I've already said) lazy linguistics doesn't inspire me with any confidence in your lyrical abilities, but because if you're selling something presentation is the key to your foot in the door.
I'm not crying over your punctuation, the loss is entirely yours.
"Listening to unsolicited music takes time and I'm a busy man", so if you want to me to hear it, then you need to sell me on it real good first.  

As for being a geek, I'm just not intelligent enough due to having been knocked out by loads of people in real life. And coward is the last thing anyone who lived with my ex-missus for ten years could be called.

Neil

hello please listen to my band, we're shit though, we sound like a s*****c in a china shop.  that's right i use words like s*****c and if you dont like it youre a gay, or maybe even a woman.  no i dont use capital letters or spell very goodly but im much too busy to be some kind of internet geek.  please let me know what you think of my band, i desperately want feedback, and i welcome all honest opinions, although if you dont like it then youre obviously a saddo and should just not bother responding.  my bands sound is very unncommercial and different and might take a few listens to get into...we sound like franz ferdinand keane coldplay and snow patrol.  im going now, probably to have a fight or some beer, or do sex with my girlfriend, or maybe all three.  yes thats right.

TraceyQ

Us? Be scared to say what we think about music? Oh dear.

Please dont come on here and insult us while asking or our help.  I'm proposing the link to your overplay site gets removed from this thread to prevent any more hits. Internet saddos? I've never met a bunch of people more unlike internet saddos in all my time trawling messageboard and unsigned bands pages.

Quote from: "Neil"hello please listen to my band, we're shit though, we sound like a s*****c in a china shop.  that's right i use words like s*****c and if you dont like it youre a gay, or maybe even a woman.  no i dont use capital letters or spell very goodly but im much too busy to be some kind of internet geek.  please let me know what you think of my band, i desperately want feedback, and i welcome all honest opinions, although if you dont like it then youre obviously a saddo and should just not bother responding.  my bands sound is very unncommercial and different and might take a few listens to get into...we sound like franz ferdinand keane coldplay and snow patrol.  im going now, probably to have a fight or some beer, or do sex with my girlfriend, or maybe all three.  yes thats right.

you got a link?

Ratto

i aint even gonna read the replies from siliver ghost and neil cause i already know that they into "one man upmanship"

i aint into being right or being the better man

i just think that when you get called a "twat" for no real reason, then that is wrong and in real life that wouldnt happen.

i didnt say that your all internet geeks,only neil and the silver (i got a serouis issues) ghost man

Silver SurferGhost

Quotei aint even gonna read the replies from siliver ghost and neil cause i already know that they into "one man upmanship"
Ah good, I can stop wasting my precious internet geek time then.

PS: Points to me, i am LOL NO kinG of LOL NO Comebak etc

chand

Quote from: "Ratto"i aint even gonna read the replies from siliver ghost and neil cause i already know that they into "one man upmanship"

Are the quote marks supposed to make that into some kind of gay euphemism? Outrageous!

Silver SurferGhost

Well I'm game, I liKE a mAN in aN hATT!!!!!!111!!

oh, stop it

TraceyQ

Ah, the magic words. Welcome to "LOL NO CliQuE", Silver Surferghost.