Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Serena and the Ratts

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 06, 2015, 09:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Um'd and ahh'd over whether to just throw this in to the Good or Bad films thread, but I think it's interesting enough indie time travel thing to deserve it's own. It's by no means perfect, the budget is miniscule and it sometimes shows, and the acting from supporting characters is a bit patchy at times, and the dialogue occasionally needs sharpening. But none of that put me off as at it's ultimately a lot of fun. For me it was always going to be one of those
Spoiler alert
"The Ending Will Make or Break This" kind of movie, but for me personally it delivered in spades
[close]
as (huge Spoiler)
Spoiler alert
I didn't predict the ending at all and was initially tricked in to thinking it wasn't a time travel film after all.
[close]

I know the plot sounds terrible - time travel is discovered, and a team of renegade scientists decide to go back in time and kill Hitler. Fortunately someone thinks they should be stopped just incase Hitler's replacement was even more mental, so a group of assassins are hired to wipe them out. Which is all kinds of ludicrous I know, but it's also a pretty decent character piece amongst all of the insanity, at least when it comes to Serena, and it's fairly unusual structure worked for me too.

It's undoubtedly over ambitious, but that's part of the charm, and I'm sure with a much bigger budget / better cast all bar Serena, it'd be even more enjoyable. Not a classic then, but certainly a really interesting oddity.