Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Quickest Fall From Fame

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 08, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 09, 2015, 01:33:24 AM
Justin Lee Collins. Not a comedian I know but boy did he fuck off sharpish.

You not mind, he was outed as having been mentally abusive to his girlfriend. He's a fucking cunt.

George White

Ninia/Ninja Benjamin - the third non-Blonde.

George White

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 13, 2017, 05:55:50 PM
Christine Guntrip. I've tried to forget but I can't.

Is that Bella Emberg?

Ferris

Every blue peter presenter once they leave blue peter (with a few notable exceptions).

George White

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 06, 2018, 10:04:19 PM
Every blue peter presenter once they leave blue peter (with a few notable exceptions).
Yes, for every Matt Baker or Peter Purves or Anthea Turner, there's three Romana D'Annunzios and Joel Defries.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/25-06-2018/what-happened-to-c4-host-joel-defries/ Although Defries seems to have quit voluntarily to become a social worker and vodka manager.

Ferris

They all seem to leave the BBC through the door marked "Eternal Obscurity".

Katie Hill was flogging toothpaste for a year or 2 after leaving, but that's not all that. What's Diane Louise Jordan up to? Exactly.

big al

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 06, 2018, 11:13:05 PM
They all seem to leave the BBC through the door marked "Eternal Obscurity".

Katie Hill was flogging toothpaste for a year or 2 after leaving, but that's not all that. What's Diane Louise Jordan up to? Exactly.

Songs of Praise

BlodwynPig

Does Songs of Praise have Grime music now to attract the kidz?

George White

No, it's British people attempting to do gospel. Badly.

George White

Quote from: Stone Cold Jane Austen on April 10, 2015, 09:19:37 AM
Bradley Walsh is the best game show host of his generation
And now he has his own action figure.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 06, 2018, 10:04:19 PM

Does becoming infamous (John Leslie) count as a fall from fame?  No, of course not.  Being infamous is a type of fame.

Ferris

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 18, 2018, 05:43:49 PM
Does becoming infamous (John Leslie) count as a fall from fame?  No, of course not.  Being infamous is a type of fame.

Yer John Leslies and Matt One-Shows are very much the exception to the rule. I'm talking about (*checks wikipedia*) yer Zöe Salmons or yer Romana D'Annunzios.

I suppose you could make the argument they were never massively famous anyway, except to a cadre of rapidly ageing school children.

The Lurker

Andy Parsons. I thought that I hadn't seen him on TV since he left Mock The Week but it appears there is a logical explanation for that as IMDB reckons he hasn't been on TV since... https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0663773/

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Lurker on December 18, 2018, 10:29:29 PM
Andy Parsons. I thought that I hadn't seen him on TV since he left Mock The Week but it appears there is a logical explanation for that as IMDB reckons he hasn't been on TV since... https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0663773/

Pfft he had a good run given the quality of his material.

marquis_de_sad

From his twitter Parsons seems to be very involved in Remain campaigning (especially People's Vote). And I'm sure like all stand-ups he's been touring.

The Lurker

Just saw that Andy Parsons was on Al Murray's Great British Pub Quiz on Quest earlier. Kerry Godliman was on to - her agent must be working a lot of overtime given that she's been on everything recently.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Remember when Dapper Laughs was 'a thing'? Remarkable, really, it was only a few years ago.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 12, 2019, 01:26:10 AM
Remember when Dapper Laughs was 'a thing'? Remarkable, really, it was only a few years ago.

Didn't he turn it around a bit for himself with Celebrity Big Brother last year? He's just become a father and claims to be a 'feminist' now. They call it 'the Jim Davidson switcheroo'.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 12, 2019, 11:13:38 AM
Didn't he turn it around a bit for himself with Celebrity Big Brother last year?

No, I've not seen or heard a peep from him since.

DrGreggles

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 18, 2018, 10:42:20 PM
Pfft he had a good run given the quality of his material.

Someone who I'd all but forgotten about since I stopped listening to Radio 4 about ten years ago (not through protest, just got into other things) until the other day when YouTube autoplayed a clip from Mock The Week, a show I'd never seen. My God, he was unbearably awful. I've heard wittier and more original sideways takes on news headlines in my local Wetherspoons.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 12, 2019, 11:26:00 AM
Actually, no.
Who hell he?

An unfunny cunt who found internet fame through Vine videos (remember them?) before embarking on a stand-up career which crashed and burned when he made a rape joke on stage, was unable to justify his actions, lost a TV contract and then thankfully disappeared.

Quote from: Dusty Substance on April 12, 2019, 11:49:34 AM
An unfunny cunt who found internet fame through Vine videos (remember them?) before embarking on a stand-up career which crashed and burned when he made a rape joke on stage, was unable to justify his actions, lost a TV contract and then thankfully disappeared.

It was just banter, mate. #moist

kalowski

Quote from: MuteBanana on April 09, 2015, 10:23:55 AM
Gillian McKeith really screwed her TV career by acting like a twat on I'm A Celebrity. She had it all and then gone.
I loved that line in Ben Goldacre's book:

Dr Gillian McKeith PhD. Or, to give her her full medical title: Gillian McKeith.

dr beat

Re: John Leslie, isn't his real name John Stott (oh Davey!) and didnt he nick the name from a historic Edinburgh pub?

And his brother is Grant Stott, noted Embra panto stalwart and...the face of Lothian Buses...

THE FACE OF LOTHIAN BUSES

THE *FACE* OF LOTHIAN BUSES

dr beat

Thing is, I knew Grant Stott had a famous brother, but for ages I thought it was Dougray Scott and that the latter had changed his surname because it didn't sound starry enough.

Jittlebags

Speaking about John Leslie. What about FredAbi Titmuss? Is she still around? She weren't bad in that bliff vid with the dark lady.

Sin Agog

Has anyone mentioned that bloke who was in that thing?  (Might have been a lass now that I think about it).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 12, 2019, 02:22:53 PM
Speaking about John Leslie. What about FredAbi Titmuss? Is she still around? She weren't bad in that bliff vid with the dark lady.

Quote9th Annual Zed Fest Film Festival 2018 Top Independent Film Winners
Feature Film
Clyde Cooper
Outstanding Acting Performance Jordi Vilasuso
Outstanding Acting Performance Abigail Titmuss
Outstanding Neo Noir

Gulftastic

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 12, 2019, 02:22:53 PM

Someone re-upped that yesterday on a grot site I occasionally visit. Most nostalgic wank I've had in yonks.