Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quickest Fall From Fame

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 08, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: phantom_power on April 23, 2019, 09:51:41 AM
It probably means he is a cunt. I think that is usually what instigates a fall from grace. You can come back from a lot if you make friends, work hard and don't be a cunt to people. Loads of people have fucked up but got second chances because someone pulls some strings.

As for CJ Egghead, he seems like such a fantasist that I find it hard to believe any story involving him

He did definitely say he thought he'd killed a man didn't he, despite claiming in that interview he'd said no such thing. That sort of thing does tend to be backfire on you even if it does prove to be complete nonsense, just look at poor old Ray Gosling.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: phantom_power on April 23, 2019, 09:51:41 AM
As for CJ Egghead, he seems like such a fantasist that I find it hard to believe any story involving him

I get the impression that he's his own worst enemy. A big part of this downfall is of him publicly revealing the name of the person who (wrongly) accused him of sexual assault which then resulted in him getting sued.

Quote from: The Lurker on April 23, 2019, 04:06:25 PM
Remember that time he killed a man? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

He explains in the Iain Lee interview that he never wrote that he thought he murdered a man or that he even came close to murdering a man. Somebody wrote that quote on his Wikipedia page and it was subsequently picked up by the newspapers. It was only when it went to court in The Netherlands that they bothered to read what he actually wrote in his book. It's a very bizarre and unfortunate set of circumstances.

The Lurker

Quote from: Phil_A on April 23, 2019, 10:24:56 PM
He did definitely say he thought he'd killed a man didn't he, despite claiming in that interview he'd said no such thing. That sort of thing does tend to be backfire on you even if it does prove to be complete nonsense, just look at poor old Ray Gosling.

He wrote in his autobiography that he was mugged by a bloke with a knife whom our hero CJ punched repeatedly and the mugger ended up in the canal. He later said this was a lie made up on Wikipedia. No offence to CJ (y'know, he is dying and all that) but he doesn't exactly strike me* as the kind of the bloke who can land a punch, especially on a bloke whose holding a knife but what do I know, I've never killed someone.

*no pun intended

Ferris

^that sounds like a load of shit on yer man's part.

What's more likely, plod reads Wikipedia and the Mirror, arrests Mr CJ-from-Eggheads on this basis, extradites him to Holland on this basis, passes him to the Dutch fuzz who develop an expensive state prosecution (and a corresponding expensive defence case is drawn up that allegedly bankrupts the defendant) are put together by sets of lawyers, and then and only then does anybody to read the book that the whole fuss has been caused over.

I reckon that's cobblers - CJ is spinning some bullshit on a podcast so he looks like less of a prize lemon. If what he says was true, he wouldn't have a case to answer and he could recoup his costs from the other side. As he hasn't done that, I'll assume it's because his "unfortunate misunderstanding" explanation is nonsense.

phantom_power

Quote from: The Lurker on April 23, 2019, 10:55:16 PM
y'know, he is dying and all that

Is he though? Any more than we all are anyway.

Alberon

Nah. What he said was he's lasted 30 years with AIDS "but the agony of the last 3 years means I may not have many left."  So he's talking about stress there?

He goes on to say "I'm outwardly healthy, still running and am staying positive I can get better."

So, no, he's not dying of AIDS.

jimboslice

I went on Eggheads a few years ago and CJ was actually not a cunt in the slightest, even though we knocked him out like the mega-geniuses we are.

Jeremy Vine on the other hand was a bell-end. Hope he comes up in this thread in a year or so.

Quote from: jimboslice on April 25, 2019, 11:45:09 AM
I went on Eggheads a few years ago and CJ was actually not a cunt in the slightest, even though we knocked him out like the mega-geniuses we are.

You're not the first Eggheads contestant I seen this from, seems like most of the air of superiority and smugness was a facade.

The Lurker

My tutor at university came up against CJ on Eggheads. He lost but it was close. No idea if was a knob or not though. CJ, that is - my uni tutor was an okay bloke.

I believe CJ slagged off Jeremy Vine in his autobiography also? Can't confirm that though as the only the part of it I've read is where he talked about the time he killed someone.

kngen

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 24, 2019, 01:51:30 AM
^that sounds like a load of shit on yer man's part.

What's more likely, plod reads Wikipedia and the Mirror, arrests Mr CJ-from-Eggheads on this basis, extradites him to Holland on this basis, passes him to the Dutch fuzz who develop an expensive state prosecution (and a corresponding expensive defence case is drawn up that allegedly bankrupts the defendant) are put together by sets of lawyers, and then and only then does anybody to read the book that the whole fuss has been caused over.

I reckon that's cobblers - CJ is spinning some bullshit on a podcast so he looks like less of a prize lemon. If what he says was true, he wouldn't have a case to answer and he could recoup his costs from the other side. As he hasn't done that, I'll assume it's because his "unfortunate misunderstanding" explanation is nonsense.

As someone who had been on the wrong side of the Dutch police for a load of trumped up bollocks, and had to endure a farcical interview - in Dutch with an interpreter 'present' on a speakerphone of such bad quality that the detectives had to 'repeat' the translation to me in their perfect spoken English because anything the translator said sounded like skronftqifspsgsophfttttssss . (I hope to use incorporate this into a comedy script at some point. If I wasn't so hungover and desperate to get the fuck out of there, I would have died laughing.) – I have no problem believing that a criminal case in the Netherlands could get to the point of sentencing someone to death (or a life spent in Vlaardingen, whatever's worse) before someone said 'Hang on. He said 'I could murder a burger tonight, not a Dutch Burgher.'

Bazooka

Quote from: kngen on April 25, 2019, 10:48:46 PM
As someone who had been on the wrong side of the Dutch police for a load of trumped up bollocks, and had to endure a farcical interview - in Dutch with an interpreter 'present' on a speakerphone of such bad quality that the detectives had to 'repeat' the translation to me in their perfect spoken English because anything the translator said sounded like skronftqifspsgsophfttttssss . (I hope to use incorporate this into a comedy script at some point. If I wasn't so hungover and desperate to get the fuck out of there, I would have died laughing.) – I have no problem believing that a criminal case in the Netherlands could get to the point of sentencing someone to death (or a life spent in Vlaardingen, whatever's worse) before someone said 'Hang on. He said 'I could murder a burger tonight, not a Dutch Burgher.'

Was it you who got hit by CJ and fell into the canal?

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on April 26, 2019, 12:27:36 AM
Was it you who got hit by CJ and fell into the canal?

I think he's CJ from Eggheads.

kngen

Will answer general knowledge questions for mortgage relief.

The Lurker

You can now pay £25 to get a video message from Justin Lee Collins: https://www.celebvm.com/justinleecollins/m

imitationleather

Ferris

Quote from: The Lurker on April 29, 2019, 12:42:59 AM
You can now pay £25 to get a video message from Justin Lee Collins: https://www.celebvm.com/justinleecollins/m

This site is sensationally grim - thank you for making me aware of it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Could we have a whipround so we can get a collective group message from the JLC? I'd like him to say "Come and cream my back" or he could call me a "dirty, vile whore".

Bobtoo

Quote from: imitationleather on April 29, 2019, 01:04:49 AM
https://www.celebvm.com/williethorne

Cor.

It's double that price to get a Gordon Ramsay lookalike https://www.celebvm.com/ramsaylookalike

The cheapest I've found was Dene Michael, who was in Black Lace for a while after they were famous. https://www.celebvm.com/denemichael

Chesney fucking Hawkes is £75!

mothman

The Lurker

Quote from: Bobtoo on April 29, 2019, 05:41:24 AM
The cheapest I've found was Dene Michael, who was in Black Lace for a while after they were famous. https://www.celebvm.com/denemichael

And who once led a giant conga line in prison when he was jailed for benefits fraud: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/12/jailed-agadoo-singer-led-a-conga-in-prison/

On Black Lace, original member Alan Barton's was one of the quickest and most literal falls.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-alan-barton-1616108.html

George White

Watching Neverwhere.
Whatever happened to Gary Bakewell?
Did the Linda McCartney Story four years later, in Canada, then quickly returned to Britain, within a year did Doctors... Hasn't done telly or film for fifteen years.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: George White on February 15, 2020, 09:55:27 PM
Watching Neverwhere.
Whatever happened to Gary Bakewell?
Did the Linda McCartney Story four years later, in Canada, then quickly returned to Britain, within a year did Doctors... Hasn't done telly or film for fifteen years.

millwall32

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 11, 2015, 03:59:55 PMIt's interesting to read between the lines 

He lived in a beautiful country house on the gorgeous Mediterranean island of Mallorca for ten years but has recently returned full-time to the UK, basing himself by the river Itchen in Southampton. In what little spare time he has, he enjoys: playing guitar and piano; writing music, songs and poetry; drawing and painting; a keen interest in archaeology (e.g. the occupation of Britain by the Romans, especially their road-building skills*), and riding his Harley-Davidson Softail Heritage Custom motorcycle.

2015 in general
I am still busy with cruise work but have decided this year to make much more free time available to myself. I'm enjoying spending more time at home in Southampton.

*I wonder if Foggy is similarly interested in the Romans introducing irrigation to Britain? I'm going to be tossing and turning all night about this.

"Dave Wolfe is one of the funniest and most professional speakers I have ever had the pleasure working with, his ability to gauge the audience is second to none".  SIR BOBBY CHARLTON

Custard

Quote from: yesitsme on June 29, 2017, 04:12:07 PMPoor old Kerry Catonia.  There she was, one minute hawking party platters and various meat-inside another meat-inside another meat products and now?  Off her tits somewhere, screaming at the neighbours and generally living like a bag lady in Warrington.

Just had a quick swatch at Iceland's website.  Their 'luxury' Three Bird Roast costs a fiver.

That's £5.00 British to grow three birds from eggs, feed them, water them, slaughter and butcher them, pay someone to stick one in the other then the other, transport them, stock them and sell them.

A fiver.

Who in their right mind would eat one of these?

Only just reading this thread, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but 'ol KC apparently makes stacks of money posting feet pics on OnlyFans.

I imagine she quite enjoys life these days. Not much pressure, mortgage paid off, and probably makes a lot more money than Iceland or Atomic Kitten ever paid her

Kankurette

She wasn't even in Atomic Kitten that long, I think they had to redo their debut after Jenny from Precious joined. Also, she must have amazing feet.

Custard

Thing is, and speaking as a feet admirer, they're not. I think people just like that they're attached to the Iceland lady. It's like the people who pay to pose in bed next to modern day Sunny, from the wrestling. It's more the (faded) celebrity of it, rather than sexiness

Custard

Quote from: Billy on July 07, 2017, 01:10:35 AMI had a habit in the late noughties of becoming proper obsessed with every new hyped singer or band that emerged, thinking they were gonna be huge and seeing them live and everything, only for them all to be dropped fairly soon after their one (or two if they were lucky) big single/s. Mika. David Jordan. Alphabeat. Sam Sparro. Yer Ting Tings as already mentioned. Duffy. La Roux. Lenka. Noisettes. VV Brown. And probably the queen of the "What happened to..." late 00s crowd, Little Boots.

The only one I didn't bother with and thought would fade quickly was some bird called Adele.

Little Boots is now part of the live band behind the ABBA hologram shows. And lovely Abi from The Zutons

Ferris

Quote from: Custard on October 30, 2022, 10:58:58 AMLittle Boots is now part of the live band behind the ABBA hologram shows. And lovely Abi from The Zutons

The Zutons were brill! First two records hold up,I still have a signed 7" single from them somewhere.

Jangly pop for the people.