Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury Festival 2015

Started by Artemis, April 15, 2015, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Mr Banlon

Mavis Staples, Parliament & Family Stone I wouldn't mind seeing. Not amongst all that other pap though.
Franz Ferdinand & Sparks ? Jesus, what together ?[nb]The town is obviously big enough now[/nb] The Gavrilo Princips and Soft Cell are playing at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the same weekend.

Noodle Lizard

Jamie T?  Enter Shikari?!  Florence & The Machine?!?!  FUCK YES!!!

Noodle Lizard

I literally can't believe The Maccabees are going to be there!  Why aren't Hozier headlining?!

Beagle 2

Plenty there. I'm in for the resale.

CaledonianGonzo

There'll be plenty tickets in the pot. The unprecedented power of Noodle Lizard's successive burns has already prompted scores of cancellations.

Beagle 2

The Maccabees are quite good these days anyway. That's a great poster, the best for a long while. I wonder where The Fall will be? Unlikely I guess but I'd love to see MES shuffling around the Pyramid stage causing trouble. Is Paloma Faith really more of a big letters act that Ryan Adams or Patti Smith?? Guess I'm getting old.

Aw bloody hell I really wanna go.

chand

How is it possible that one of this decade's Hot New Bands is called Catfish & The Bottlemen? Is anything being done about this?

Puce Moment

I was going to start a thread about bands that on paper I should absolutely despise because they tick so many cunt boxes, but whom I have an inability to dislike and actually really enjoy - probably top of that list is The Maccabees.

Although you couldn't drag me to Glastonbury these days, despite the fact that it's so massive and there's all sorts of eclectic stuff going on all over the place and you could spend the whole time just  in the Green Fields and be happy.™

Ja'moke

Instead of focusing on the shit on the list lets look at the positives...

Courtney Barnett
Young Fathers
Father John Misty
Perfume Genius
Sharon Van Etten
FKA twigs
Run The Jewels
Flying Lotus
Charli XCX
Future Islands

Kane Jones

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 15, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

Yup.

George Clinton & that lot
Jon Hopkins
Caribou
Todd Terje
La Roux
Future Islands
Hot Chip
The Chemical Brothers
Roy Ayers
Ibeyi

dmillburn

Yup, really pleased with that as there's more acts I want to see on that poster than there has been from a Glastonbury initial line-up for a good few years now. I rarely get excited by the main stage acts anyway because I'm really cool and only listen to really cool underground stuff that you wouldn't have heard of but there's plenty there even for someone as cool as me. There's probably 10 'must see' acts for me on that list, which isn't a bad hit rate out of 70 odd when there's hundreds more to come.

Hopefully the Temple line-up will be as good as last year (loved it last year with Rebuild, AFX, that history of rave thing etc), and if they could just bring back the Bangface takeover at the Glade on Thursday I'll be a happy man.

Beagle 2

My tastes are pretty mainstream I guess, I'd be off to see these LADS for starters:

Alt-J
Lionel Richie
Motorhead
The Fall
SFA OK
Courtney Barnett
FFS
Fat White Family
Chemical Bros.
The Maccabees
Patti Smith
TODD TERJE PLEASE
THE FALL OH AYE
Hot Chip
FUTURE ISLANDS WEEE
Sleaford Mods while I cock my head to one side and try and suss out if they're good or shit
Goat
Caribou
Belle and Sebastian

Bit of cabaret tent action, bit of Shangri-La, lots of wandering about eating amazing food sitting outside with loads of people having a brilliant time. Best week of the year, basically. Still, it's just as much fun to post something cunty about how niche your music tastes are and how you're definitely not middle class like the people who go to Glastonbury on twitter.

CaledonianGonzo

For me it's gonna take the announcement of the third headliner to turn it from a good line-up into a great one, but there's plenty of acts I'm already happy to see on there and plenty that I'm fairly sure are playing that haven't made the poster cut off (Natalie Prass, Herbie Hancock, The Proclaimers, Gilberto Gil, Leo & Anto, Van Morrison, Mik Artistik, The Zombies).

As it is, I'm delighted about Patti Smith, B&S, SFA, The Kasai Allstars, Mavis Staples and Motorhead.

Kane Jones

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on April 15, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
For me it's gonna take the announcement of the third headliner to turn it from a good line-up into a great one, but there's plenty of acts I'm already happy to see on there and plenty that I'm fairly sure are playing that haven't made the poster cut off (Natalie Prass, Herbie Hancock, The Proclaimers, Gilberto Gil, Leo & Anto, Van Morrison, Mik Artistik, The Zombies).

As it is, I'm delighted about Patti Smith, B&S, SFA, The Kasai Allstars, Mavis Staples and Motorhead.

Shit, didn't see Kasai Allstars and Mave up there.  Add them to my list.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 15, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

Courtney Barnett
Young Fathers
Father John Misty
Perfume Genius
Sharon Van Etten
FKA twigs
Run The Jewels
Flying Lotus
Charli XCX
Future Islands

Yup.

I'm not going.

CaledonianGonzo

Oh - and Mary J Blige as well.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2015, 01:15:38 PM
Yup.

I'm not going.

You say that now, Blod, but I bet come June you'll be down the front of Eat Static necking scrumpy and dancing with your tap aff like the best of them.

great_badir

Quote from: chand on April 15, 2015, 08:43:16 AM
How is it possible that one of this decade's Hot New Bands is called Catfish & The Bottlemen? Is anything being done about this?

Hootie and the Blowfish.

So no.

PaulTMA

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 15, 2015, 08:47:38 AM
Although you couldn't drag me to Glastonbury these days, despite the fact that it's so massive and there's all sorts of eclectic stuff going on all over the place and you could spend the whole time just  in the Green Fields and be happy.™

People say this, but it's not true because weather

BlodwynPig

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on April 15, 2015, 01:24:55 PM
You say that now, Blod, but I bet come June you'll be down the front of Eat Static necking scrumpy and dancing with your tap aff like the best of them.

That was back in 1999 during the Eclipse festival. Bangin'

Beagle 2

Beagle 2

Excellent. Got through but my wife entered the details for a wrong card repeatedly until they were sold out. This really is turning out to be a fucking splendid year.

mobias

Quote from: Kane Jones on April 15, 2015, 09:12:10 AM

The Chemical Brothers

Although now its apparently 'The Chemical Brother' singular as Ed Simmonds is now off doing a PHD and has much less involvement and announced he's no longer going to be touring and performing live. Although I think he has contributed to the forthcoming new album. 

Jamie Oliver is fat

I know no-ones supposed to focus on the headliners, but could this be the worst year for headliners?

Is there still a chance ACDC could appear?

Artemis

Only if you think Kanye West is a bad headliner, which I don't. The quality of the three top bills will depend on the Sunday announcement. I don't rate the Foos, I think Kanye's great and who knows on the third?

Regardless, the rest of the line up is very strong.

dmillburn

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 19, 2015, 09:58:10 AM
Got through but my wife entered the details for a wrong card repeatedly until they were sold out.

You probably already know this but there will still be at least one or two more 'secret' resells after the May 8th cancellation date has passed so it's not game over just yet, I've managed to sort out tickets for friends this way in the past. Only advice I can give is use a site like Follow That Page or a browser add-on (I use Page Monitor on Chrome) to monitor the ticket page for changes and get family and friends on the case too so there's a few of you trying. It's usually a limit of 2 tickets in the re-resales.

Beagle 2

Quote from: dmillburn on April 20, 2015, 09:55:25 AM
You probably already know this but there will still be at least one or two more 'secret' resells after the May 8th cancellation date has passed so it's not game over just yet, I've managed to sort out tickets for friends this way in the past. Only advice I can give is use a site like Follow That Page or a browser add-on (I use Page Monitor on Chrome) to monitor the ticket page for changes and get family and friends on the case too so there's a few of you trying. It's usually a limit of 2 tickets in the re-resales.

Okay... I did not know that, know. So would this be the seetickets page or just the main glastonbury page? Cheers!

dmillburn

Just the See Tickets one really, although I suppose it doesn't hurt to check the main site as well. Over at efestivals a few people seem to think it could be lunchtime on May 11th for the first one, but that is just a guess based on previous years. There won't be many available and they will go in a few minutes but as I said I have had success this way before so it's certainly worth a go.