Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury Festival 2015

Started by Artemis, April 15, 2015, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaledonianGonzo

Seems to have been a last minute replacement after someone else letting them down (most folk would guess at that being Prince).

[banned troll] is installing Page Monitor as we speak.

wooders1978

Interesting that they have listed other acts alongside Lionel Ritchie, I heard he was playing all night long

George Oscar Bluth II

The Who eh.

Of the headliners I'll definitely see Kanye because he's fucking awesome, and will probably do a fifteen minute, incredibly angry monologue about how great he is at some point and I want to be there for that shit live. The rest is a bit of a downer isn't it? I saw the Foo Fighters at Leeds ten years ago and apparently they're still at the cutting edge of popular music? Really?

Fuck loads of good stuff on that lineup though. I'll see all of you at George Clinton, Parliament, Funkadelic and the Family Stone I guess.

CaledonianGonzo

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that clashes with Kanye.

Though you may well be joining in with the folks who show up to Kanye to see what happens before throwing in the towel and heading to West Holts. I suspect I'll number amongst that horde.

George Oscar Bluth II

Oh fucks sake.

West Holts isn't that far away though, so will probably be able to catch a bit of both.

CaledonianGonzo

It's not far, no, but that way might be snarled up with droves departing the Pyramid if Yeezy fails to deliver.

(Or delivers in the form of a 20 minute rant about the fashion industry).

THE MOODY FUCKING BLUES? WHAT THE SHIT?

Apparently no one from the booking agency has actually heard them. Their shows are so cheesy and 80s, I can't imagine anyone at Glastonbury would be the slightest bit interested.

Interesting though, maybe their LPs will finally be worth something.

CaledonianGonzo

They're apparently headlining the Acoustic Stage one night, so will probably go down pretty well with the horny-handed real ale swilling veterans who lurk up in that direction

mobias

Now that it looks like having a metal band on the bill is now going to a regular occurrence I here by nominate Van Halen for next year purely on the strength of this performance of Jump from 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=95&v=Mjx_GjyXCs4

Jamie Oliver is fat

fucking hell

just reading up on that, people seem to be split on the reason between the keyboards playing higher than usual and the guitar tech giving him the wrongly tuned guitar

pretty hilarious to be fair

perhaps an idea for a thread rather than derail this one, but "examples of out of whack live tuning handled well/badly" - this would be a "handled well" candidate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz1pv3g4YFQ

Bobby Treetops

I'm working as a steward in the Park this year, so if you see a bloke in a bright orange bib and a Spacemen 3   t-shirt, come and say hello

Head Gardener

my festival line-up this year

DrunkCountry

^who's the fellah with the catch?

Head Gardener

John Coffey Group at the Pinkpop Festival in 2015

DrunkCountry

Jamie Oliver is fat

I bet halfway through downing it he thought "OMG this is wee wee"

Beagle 2

Foo Fighters have cancelled due to twunted leg of Grohl. I'm scratching my head as to who they'll promote. Still. Shouldn't worry as I'm not pissing going. Maybe hundreds of people will demand their money back now and there'll be another resale. Im not holding my breath.

SteveDave

I've Tweeted them saying I'll do it. I'm white & have a guitar so I won't offend anyone.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: SteveDave on June 16, 2015, 11:49:02 PM
I've Tweeted them saying I'll do it. I'm white & have a guitar so I won't offend anyone.

Hopefully some black people will start a petition against this rot.

Crabwalk

Come on Michael Eavis, switch the Super Furries to their rightful slot.

It'll be Florence and the Machine, won't it?

AC/DC?

Johnny Textface

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 17, 2015, 12:00:38 AM
Come on Michael Eavis, switch the Super Furries to their rightful slot.

It'll be Florence and the Machine, won't it?

AC/DC?

AC/DC are playing the night before in Germany and don't do two shows on the bounce.

Blur are probably the obvious choice if they don't just punt Flo up to headline, with mibbe Macca or Elton as outside bets.  Or Kylie.

Captain Z

Twunted Leg Of Grohl were excellent at the Isle of Wight festival to be fair.

Beagle 2

Florence and the Machine, Kanye and The Who. Frrrrt.

Crabwalk

That is terrible. But to be fair, it gets harder every year to find even a half-decent set of headliners at any major festival. There's so much other great stuff on at Glastonbury this year it shouldn't really matter to anyone with decent taste.

When I heard that the Foo Fighters had cancelled I thought Emily Eavis would really have to pull something special out of the bag.

Thankfully she did not disappoint. An extra 20 minutes of Florence and the Machine slightly later in the evening. What a coup.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 17, 2015, 03:27:35 PM
That is terrible. But to be fair, it gets harder every year to find even a half-decent set of headliners at any major festival. There's so much other great stuff on at Glastonbury this year it shouldn't really matter to anyone with decent taste.

Yeah - nothing of value was lost.  My day will still run more or less:

Michael Clark Company Bowie Thing
Cambodian Space Project
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Marcos Valle
Motorhead
Run the Jewels
Caribou or The Proclaimers
SFA

Quote from: Peter P. Parrot on June 18, 2015, 01:13:19 AM
When I heard that the Foo Fighters had cancelled I thought Emily Eavis would really have to pull something special out of the bag.

Thankfully she did not disappoint. An extra 20 minutes of Florence and the Machine slightly later in the evening. What a coup.

I never thought they could top Pulp stepping in for The Stone Roses in 95 but it looks like they went and did it!