Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:43:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury Festival 2015

Started by Artemis, April 15, 2015, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Oscar Bluth II

CaledonianGonzo

Whisper it quietly,  but we might not even be in for too severe a thrashing from the weather gods.

See ye's down the front for Plastic Fox.

George Oscar Bluth II

The fucking Guardian had a piece on their site today headlined "Festival goers in for a wet Glastonbury!" or some shit, which basically said three of the five days are currently expected to be entirely dry, with occasional showers on Friday and Sunday.

Get to fuck you clickbait twats.

imitationleather

Have fun, you bastards.

Four years since I last went. I wonder if I'll ever go again. Right now I'm mad jealous of those going, but I'm not sure how I'd cope being there stone cold sober come wind, rain or Biblical plague.

Crabwalk

Considering Glastonbury goers get to see Marcos Valle and SFA on the same day, it could rain acid piss and I'd still be jealous.

CaledonianGonzo

The forecast quantities of rain are pretty minimal and should hopefully stay that way.  WIt the site currently dry as a bone,  the underfoot conditions should be not too shabby,  so I call that a result.

As a wise man once said - THE LIGHTS ARE ON!

Dr Rock

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 23, 2015, 06:32:51 PM
The fucking Guardian had a piece on their site today headlined "Festival goers in for a wet Glastonbury!" or some shit, which basically said three of the five days are currently expected to be entirely dry, with occasional showers on Friday and Sunday.

Do not worry I confidently predict that all reports will be that despite any wet weather, nothing will manage to *dampen* the crowds' enthusiasm.

CaledonianGonzo

Unless it's the enthusiasm of the crowd waiting for the Friday morning special guest when The Charlatans walk out onstage.

George Oscar Bluth II

I genuinely am struggling to remember who the Charlatans actually are

Dr Rock

One of them went down for robbing a shop. Northern chappies.

CaledonianGonzo

Glorious incumbents of this year's "Warmed Up Britpop Leftovers Trying In Vain To Revitalise Their Career" slot.

(Previous entrants: Beady Eye and The Kaiser Chiefs)

Crabwalk

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 23, 2015, 10:10:54 PM
I genuinely am struggling to remember who the Charlatans actually are

Tim Burgess - "This is 'The Only One I Know'"

GOB - "Me too mate"

Camp Tramp

I suppose I won't be listening to 6Music for a while then. The constant playing of Damon Albarn got to me last year!

Beagle 2

6music coverage so far: Excruciating interview with disinterested Tim Burgess followed by two ropey Charlatans live tracks, one of which was The Only One I know, followed by the Only One I Know again by mistake, followed by the Ace of Spades and Florence and the Machine, You've Got the Love.

IT'S JUST LIKE BEING THERE.

Crabwalk

Well, now I know that Catfish & the Bottlemen are as shit as their name. Scally landfill indie dullards.

Lead singer keeps saying things like 'Glasto, are you with me?'.

Fucking hell.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm liking this Wolf Alice group. The singer is totes foxy too.

Ja'moke

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 26, 2015, 06:05:03 PM
I'm liking this Wolf Alice group. The singer is totes foxy too.

Yes. I've never seen them before but also fell a little bit in love with the lead singer.

In other news, Run The Jewels are about to begin their set on the West Holts stage.

Jamie Oliver is fat

lol mark ronson is such a fucking cunt

Crabwalk

Apparently, Marcos Valle will be on the Red Button at 7.36. Never heard of that stage before, but hope he gets a good crowd. Legend.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 26, 2015, 07:00:10 PM
Run The Jewels

Middle class people throwing gang signs at rappers screaming BIIIIIIIIIIITCH on the stage

#JustGlastonburyThings

Ja'moke

El-P and Killer Mike are just so damn likeable.

Crabwalk

Leon Bridge's voice isn't quite good enough to justify the overall pastiche, is it?

Subtle Mocking

Would love to be getting down to Marcos Valle right now.

EDIT: The best they can conjure up on BBC 2 is that he looks like Keith Lemon. Sod off.

Crabwalk

Crabwalk

Motörhead destroying it on BBC4. They showed an interview with Lemmy before the set and he's got a fruit machine in his dressing room. One of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 26, 2015, 07:54:07 PM
El-P and Killer Mike are just so damn likeable.

Fun fact: El-P's twitter handle is @Therealelp, which I always misread as "The Real Ale LP".

(disclaimer: i am not going to Glastonbury and my knowledge of run the jewels extends to having heard most of the first half of one of their tracks, my thoroughly pointless contribution ends here)

El Unicornio, mang

Brilliant set from Sharon Van Etten, probably my fave so far.

mobias

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 26, 2015, 08:58:27 PM
Motörhead destroying it on BBC4. They showed an interview with Lemmy before the set and he's got a fruit machine in his dressing room. One of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I was just having a conversation with someone on Twitter who used to work as a roadie for Motorhead and one of his duties was to set up and polish Lemmy's fruit machine everyday on tour. Apparently it travels everywhere with him.

That is rock and roll right there.

Crabwalk

About 20 people turned out for Marcos Valle. A worse crime than anything perpetrated by ISIS today. What the fuck is wrong with humanity?