Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4, XBO, PC)

Started by Onken, April 16, 2015, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onken

Star Wars Battlefront believed to be released November 17, 2015. Going to be big.

QuoteThe leaked date means that Battlefront will likely ship a couple of weeks after this year's Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, which typically releases on the first or second Tuesday of November.

The reveal trailer to debut April 17, 18:30pm UK time

Beagle 2

Well, this is it then. The game that forces me to get a next gen console.

Onken

Official boxy art. I'm more excited about how the game turns out than the film.

Pit-Pat

Edit:
^   ^   ^
That is awesomecover art by the way

Eurogamer has this as the first screenshot:

Onken

It turns out someone on Neogaf made it but the Official PlayStation mag tweeted it.

They're all having a right old laugh on there.

Pit-Pat

Aw shit.

Now I have some sort of made up space egg on my face.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 16, 2015, 11:16:49 PM
Well, this is it then. The game that forces me to get a next gen console.

same.

VegaLA

Onken

22 minutes left on the countdown. I meant the box art was fake not lovely Endor.

HappyTree

I was thinking yessssss!!! Then a full Darthy Noooooooo... when I realised this game is a multiplayer thing. Oh well.

Onken

Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

No direct gameplay but all in engine they claim. I can see it outselling Call of Duty and bringing in a out of casuals who don't really care for first person shooters. I'll be one of them.

VegaLA

It's been a crap season for me personally what with my usual CaB co-oppers jumping ship to PS4 from the 360 or PC and others waiting on a must have title before transitioning to Next gen, but I hope this title gets everyone back online. Its looking interesting.

mobias

There's no fucking way thats in game footage. I refuse to believe it.

Onken

On the show floor theres five minutes of gameplay being demo so that should show up soon. The first DLC in December is free and people who preorder get it a week early.

Standard £54.99

Deluxe £64.99

Onken

https://youtu.be/jXU5k4U8x20

Multiplayer gameplay trailer fresh from the EA presentation. I'm happy with that.

November 17th one week after Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider comes out.

VegaLA

Quote from: Onken on June 15, 2015, 10:29:02 PM

November 17th one week after Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider comes out.

And just a few days after my BDay :)

I was not too impressed at first but when the snowspeeders got some of the action I was happy. Really looking forwards to this title, will be a blast if we get some CaBbers on the same session.

Onken

It's looking really great. This new Tatooine multiplayer trailer is probably better than the Hoth one for the textures and dynamic lighting. I'm sold on getting to play in third person and I dig the minimal hud.

The only thing that can stop this game from breaking records is if Dice fuck it all up like Battlefront 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_ht2GfQJU

Jamie Oliver is fat

55 quid for "Battlefield : Star Wars" LOL

Even 40 quid feels excessive in the days of Steam

For some reason I thought this was a Star Wars RPG/adventure type game, but it's just another DICE first person shooter for Call of Duty gamers

Battlefield gamers, you mean. It looks amazing, and I don't really give a chod about Star Wars. It has brought back the feelings of six year old me. Imagine knowing then that of day something like this would be released. Games are exciting.

Morrison Lard

The gameplay footage looks amazing and got me quite excited.

ea + dlc + the typical cod playerbase will ruin this though.

mobias

I'm glad there's the ability to play in third person mode too. I think thats going to become the standard in this generation of games. Have both options. I really don't like playing in first person perspective.

Sounds like the game is very fast paced and arcady which is good. Reminds me a bit of Warhawk and Starhawk on the PS3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4H1D3JqiQ&feature=youtu.be

lazarou

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 17, 2015, 09:25:29 PM
The gameplay footage looks amazing and got me quite excited.

ea + dlc + the typical cod playerbase will ruin this though.
I realise voice chat is more or less a necessity in team-based stuff like this, but having a bunch of thirteen year old gamers calling each other faggots is going to kill the mood something fierce.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: lazarou on June 17, 2015, 10:20:13 PM
I realise voice chat is more or less a necessity in team-based stuff like this, but having a bunch of thirteen year old gamers calling each other faggots is going to kill the mood something fierce.

I've not used voice chat with strangers more than 2 or 3 times in all the years I've been playing games online.

I tend not to play unless I've got at least one other friend online, but I'm sure there will be enough CaBbers at the very least that you can co-ordinate with a few of them.

What platform will you be playing it on?

lazarou

PC, probably. The 8-hour time difference and lack of a decent chunk of free time is going to make it a bit of an awkward proposition at best, though.

Anyway enough naysaying on my part, it does look ace.

Onken

The release is creeping up on us so I'll give this a bump. PS4 bundle with Battlefront and four downloadable 'classics'. Super Star Wars: Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and Star Wars: Jedi StarFighter.

Fighter Squadron Mode Gameplay Trailer

mobias

Like the controller. Case is a bit naff.

Onken

These will all have trophy support and "improved graphics". 1 SNES and 3 PS2 games.

I've only ever played Super Star Wars before.