Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Batman V Superman

Started by DukeDeMondo, April 18, 2015, 01:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Oh wait, forgot Justice League

That'll be gloriously terrible. Unseen levels of shite. Can't wait, honestly

Kelvin

I agree with most of that, but I wouldn't say BvS was a commercial failure. It made money, it just didn't break the billion dollar threshold they were aiming for. Suicide Squad did even better, I think (albeit with a smaller budget), and that was even worse. 

spock rogers

Quote from: Shameless Custard on February 14, 2017, 03:03:24 PM
The one film they have planned that I still have any hope for, is this Sirens one, with Harley, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman. If they get that one right, it could be better than their other efforts so far

But it won't be, cos they'll fuck it up won't they

Definitely. David Ayer is directing, so it will just be women in their undies bending over between scenes of big macho men and their macho talk.

Affleck's got that spectre of mediocrity hanging over him as well. He's a deeply limited, albeit competent actor and a workmanlike director. I reckon it frustrates him that he'll clearly never be as good and creative as he wants to be (his ambition seems to be this generation's Warren Beatty, movie star/producer/writer/director quadruple threat). I think he's also starting to realise that comic book hero super-stardom can actually be the final act of a promising career rather than the second wind he was trying to consolidate.

Glebe

Honest Trailers - Batman Begins.

Fuck's sake, only getting round to doing BB now... never copped that that kid was the guy from GoT! He's from Cork and all!

Batman V Superman Storyboard Artist Reveals Knightmare Sequence Details.

Cheers, mate.

'Batman' Star Recalls Disastrous First Day on Set That Sent Him to the Hospital.

Yikes, poor Burt.

Glebe

phantom_power

I find the aesthetic of those films so dull and unispiring. I had hoped from the teaser trailer that it might be a bit lighter in tone and colour scheme but just that single frame has drained any anticipation from me

Glebe

Well whadda yah know, after apparently exiting the picture, Matt Reeves has been confirmed to direct the Batman solo movie after all.

QuoteWarner Bros Pictures announced today that Matt Reeves ("Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," "Cloverfield") has been set to direct "The Batman." Reeves will also serve as a producer on the new standalone action adventure centering on one of DC's most enduringly popular Super Heroes. The announcement was made by Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

Emmerich stated, "We are thrilled to have Matt Reeves taking the helm of Batman, the crown jewel of our DC slate. Matt's deep roots in genre films and his evolution into an emotional world-building director make him the perfect filmmaker to guide the Dark Knight through this next journey."

Matt Reeves noted, "I have loved the Batman story since I was a child. He is such an iconic and compelling character, and one that resonates with me deeply. I am incredibly honored and excited to be working with Warner Bros. to bring an epic and emotional new take on the Caped Crusader to the big screen."

Also, Fandango/Movies.com editor/writer Erik Davis has confirmed that Affleck is still involved, on Twitter.

Also:

Warner Bros. Plotting Live-Action 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive).

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on February 24, 2017, 12:36:03 AM
Well whadda yah know, after apparently exiting the picture, Matt Reeves has been confirmed to direct the Batman solo movie after all.

Sounds a bit fickle to me.  The guy's going to be flip-flopping between making this movie dark and making it all bright and gaudy.  Good news for anyone who liked Batman Forever

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on February 24, 2017, 05:47:27 PMSounds a bit fickle to me.  The guy's going to be flip-flopping between making this movie dark and making it all bright and gaudy.  Good news for anyone who liked Batman Forever.

Nah, don't see him going in that direction, Replies.

Meanwhile:

Neil Gaiman Has Been Working on a Batman Story for Nearly 30 Years.

Get a move on, mate!

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on February 25, 2017, 02:56:01 AM
Nah, don't see him going in that direction, Replies.

Well he is going to do it.

Glebe

Razzie Awards 2017 Winners List: 'Hillary's America,' 'Batman v Superman' Dominate.

For all it's flaws, it's a little rough that BvS is getting so Razzied while Suicide Squad seems to have gotten off the hook.

SavageHedgehog

The Razzies don't actually watch the films, well I'm sure they watch some of them but that's not how they make their decisions. There were more memes etc. about Batman V Superman, that's why it was more on their radar.

Glebe

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on February 26, 2017, 11:44:34 AMThe Razzies don't actually watch the films, well I'm sure they watch some of them but that's not how they make their decisions. There were more memes etc. about Batman V Superman, that's why it was more on their radar.

Well, that's not really fair. It's just as well for Suicide Squad!

Kelvin

Quote from: Glebe on February 26, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
Well, that's not really fair. It's just as well for Suicide Squad!

Yeah, but BvS was the symbolic misstep that set the narrative for Warners/DC. It's the two most famous superheroes of all time coming together in a film that doesn't work.

colacentral

Quote from: Kelvin on February 26, 2017, 12:07:26 PM
Yeah, but BvS was the symbolic misstep that set the narrative for Warners/DC. It's the two most famous superheroes of all time coming together in a film that doesn't work.

That you watched ten times.

Kelvin

Quote from: colacentral on February 26, 2017, 12:26:52 PM
That you watched ten times.

I like BvS. I just recognise that it has a lot of problems. As I've said many times, I think it's an interesting and ambitious film for the genre.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Glebe on February 25, 2017, 11:33:22 PM
Razzie Awards 2017 Winners List: 'Hillary's America,' 'Batman v Superman' Dominate.

For all it's flaws, it's a little rough that BvS is getting so Razzied while Suicide Squad seems to have gotten off the hook.

"The Oscar-winning Suicide Squad", please.

Glebe

MPC Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice VFX breakdown.

In direct contrast to Christopher Nolan, Snyder just goes mad with the CGI. Do all the sets and locations have to be digital too?

phantom_power

That looks like a joke Batmobile from a pastiche of Snyder's style. It would either be ridiculously heavy or pointlessly flimsy

Replies From View

"Deadlier" in the sense that you shouldn't really drive around at top speeds inside a big heap of landfill.

Marner and Me

Watched this last night, fucking shite it were, all 3 hours of it