Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Suicide Squad

Started by Ja'moke, April 25, 2015, 10:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

The "extended edition" is OUT

Finally gonna watch this tonight. ALREADY HATE IT

(I do kinda love that even this extended jobby has no extra Joker, yet more Killer Croc. What a slap in the nuts for Jared Lego)

Kelvin

Quote from: Shameless Custard on November 19, 2016, 01:32:08 PM
The "extended edition" is OUT

Finally gonna watch this tonight. ALREADY HATE IT

(I do kinda love that even this extended jobby has no extra Joker, yet more Killer Croc. What a slap in the nuts for Jared Lego)

It does have more Joker, but not much, and certainly nothing that leaves much more of an impression than what was already in the film.

I've had the opposite experience with this film than I had with BvS and Civil War. With the latter two, the more I thought about them and the more I rewatched them, the more I liked them despite their flaws. With Suicide Squad I've gone from thinking the film was okay, to thinking it was a total mess I never want to watch again, and that Leto's Joker just doesn't seem like a big enough threat. He's just a happier Dappy from Ndubz.

Custard

I can't wait!

It sounds like a spectacle, if nothing else

Custard

Amazingly, I found myself quite enjoying that. I don't know how it improves on the theatrical cut, as I didn't see it, but this version wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it'd be

Good things:
It's quite funny in places, the cast are mostly excellent, Harley Quinn is done pretty well, it zips along, the bar scene

Bad things:
Cara Delivinge is awful, as is her villain. Some of the dialogue is really bad. The third act is honking. The faceless enemy army is completely disposable, and easily beaten. Amanda Waller wasn't written very well. Leto's Joker is very uninspired and easily the worst interpretation to date. Of course, following Ledger was never going to be easy, but Leto really fluffs it

Not the disaster I was expecting, and I enjoyed parts of it, but it definitely has its flaws and is a bit of a mess. Could've and should've been so much better

Custard

Oh, and the music choices are really lazy and on the nose, so I guess that's one for the negatives pile too

Custard

A short round-up of some of Joker's deleted scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49My5fAinh8

Not really essential stuff

Glebe

Quote from: Shameless Custard on November 22, 2016, 03:54:31 PMA short round-up of some of Joker's deleted scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49My5fAinh8

Not really essential stuff

Yeah, just saw this. Not a whole lot going on, for sure.

Glebe

Glebe

Glebe

Everything Wrong With Suicide Squad In 20 Minutes Or Less.

I know Cinema Sins is pretty annoying (not least the guy's voice), but given that the film turned out to be utter cack, I have to agree with him on numerous points (Although slagging off the domino scene in the V for Vendetta?!).

Jared Leto just shared these photos on Snapchat. What does it all mean?!

It means he's coming back for the Batman solo movie, or Justice League, or whatever, probably.

Also, this:

Spiteface

Glebe

David Ayer on Twitter:

Well the movie's out there as it is, but at least he acknowledges that it has problems, and is clearly somewhat regretful about how it turned out.

Glebe

Glebe

Haley Bennett on Instagram.

Haven't actually seen her in anything... anyway, just to state the bleedin' obvious, she appears to be suggesting that she's been cast as Catwoman. Or maybe she's just interested in doing it?

Small Man Big Horse

Turns out Mel Gibson might direct the sequel:

QuoteHe's been more or less blacklisted in Hollywood for a long time, but does anyone really remember what Mel Gibson did that turned everyone against him? Warner Bros. apparently doesn't, because The Hollywood Reporter says that the studio is "courting" Gibson to direct a sequel to David Ayer's Suicide Squad. These talks are still early and no real offer has been made, but Gibson is apparently considering it and is "familiarizing himself" with the material. Getting this gig could be a big comeback for Gibson, since this is not only a huge studio film, but a huge studio sequel based on a relatively popular and successful superhero property. They don't usually hand those things off to just anybody these days.

This comes after Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge grabbed six Oscar nominations, after a story came out that he was in negotiations to join a Daddy's Home sequel, and after he signed on to star in a police brutality movie with Vince Vaughn. In other words, it seems like Warner Bros. isn't the only studio that forgot about the time he said that "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Meanwhile, female directors who never went on drunken, anti-Semitic tirades still have a hard time finding work.

UPDATE: Variety is now reporting that a handful of other directors are also in the running, specifically Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer, Safe House's Daniel Espinosa, and Warm Bodies' Jonathan Levine. Gibson is still the biggest name here, though.

Glebe

It's fucking mental news... I dunno if he'll actually do it, though.

Glebe

Glebe