Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyber-Goth Gymnastics

Started by dan p, September 24, 2004, 02:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan p

Hello, hello. I've been lurking around here for a while but have only just got round to registering. I've decided to run a photoshop contest and thought you people might like to get involved.

I went out to a gig a last month having just watched some of the Olympic gymnastics on TV. I noticed during the women's floor and beam competitions lots of superficial arm waving and raving going on. Then, watching some fucked up cyber-goth dancers later in the evening something hit me. The gymnasts would look exactly the same if you gave them some day-glow baggy trousers, hair braids and a couple of glow sticks.

So I got home and made a quick photoshop bodge to prove it.

I'm sure some of you people could do better, so I'm starting a competition. Please mail any cyber-goth gymnastics images you make to gusset [at] gmail [dot] com, or post a link or the image here.

There will be a prize, of at least a pair of glow sticks, on offer for the best. Nothing dirty please. Deadline is 22 October. You know you want to.

Thanks.

sproggy

untitled_london

Quote from: "sproglette"Got any patchouli oil?

that hurt, in an effort to stifle a big laugh, smoke shot out of my nose unitnentionally.

cheers sprog

Uncle Gripper

Dan,

Im very glad you have unlurked yourself, disappointed at the lack of reasonable response in your original post.

Planet Mu

Whilst on a simliar vein, is the 'Boki' that posts there, the self same one that visits here, occasionally.

Lets all have love/smoke in, and all be message'd board'd up.

What we need are more honest to fucking goodness live gig reviews, particularly about the ever popular Mr Snares.

dan p

Nice one, sproglette. That's hilarious. I love the minge, nice touch.

Hey, Uncle Gripper. I expected to bump into some other cross-posters. Good to see you.

Anymore for anymore?

fanny splendid

dan p

Only two days left!

I have some very nice glowsticks someone could win here. =]

fanny splendid

dan p

Thanks everyone. Competition entries are in. You can see them all here:
http://www.gusset.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/cybergothgymnastics.shtml
Judges are still to be confirmed. Volunteers welcome.
Cheers.

Cerys

Well, being a goth myself and not having pulled my finger out quickly enough to actually produce an entry, I have no objections to volunteering my ass off....

dan p

Thanks Cerys.
We're still working out the scoring system. Could you mail me please (address is in first post) or let me know your address?
Cheers.

dan p

sproglette is the winner!
Mail me your address and I'll post you some complementary glow-sticks =]
Full scoring viewable here:
http://www.gusset.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/cybergothgymnastics.shtml

Thanks to everyone who entered and to everyone who helped to judge it.

sproggy

Quote from: "dan p"sproglette is the winner!

Wow great!

Quote from: "dan p"Mail me your address and I'll post you some complementary glow-sticks

Wow great

dan p

Hehe. You don't have to bother. I just thought it was a funny prize.

If you do claim them I expect a photo of you using them posted here too ;-)

hencole

What do glo sticks have to do with goths?

dan p

Cyber-goths. Like psy-trancers. The throwbacks of early rave culture. Go to The Glade (Festival, or the stage at Glastonbury) to see what I mean.

hencole

Quote from: "dan p"Cyber-goths. Like psy-trancers. The throwbacks of early rave culture. Go to The Glade (Festival, or the stage at Glastonbury) to see what I mean.

I did go to the Glade stage and the Glade Festival (and a fucking good festie it was too), with my Psy-trance friends. Just never heard the term cyber goth before as trance fans are generally happy people and not miserable gits (except when they're coming down ; )

dan p

Sorry if I sounded patronizing. You are obviously far more into the scene than I am, as I'm more of an IDM nerd really. I always visit the Glade at Glasto but never made it to the Glade festival. How was it?

I probably have lumped two different groups together there really, but I can assure you people do use the phrase cyber-goth. Google it and see. It seems to have come from an extension of the Industrial scene to become a sub-genre of Goths who listen to electronic music.

Keep on raving ; ]

hencole

I'm not really into the scene myself, but friends of mine are. Cyber goth could quite easily be a term for them.

Glade festival was very, very good and was easily as good as Glasto, but in a different more chilled way. There was (and I mean this 100%) no litter at all or any twats whatsoever and it  had a quite mature crowd. Recomend it to fans of the Breaks, Trance, or any dance music really.

Cerys

Hmmm.  I refer to them as 'technogoths'; and I've been to Whitby, so I must be right.