Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Heads Up Pavement re-release

Started by elderford, September 24, 2004, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

http://undertheradarmag.com/pavement_news.html

Crooked Rain; Crooked Rain mit 39 bonus tracks heading onto a hifi near you next month.

Possible tracklisting:
This is for Jesper to confirm or deny, but I think it's pretty much final:

DISC ONE

Back to the Gold Soundz

1. Silence Kit
2. Elevate Me Later
3. Stop Breathin
4. Cut Your Hair
5. Newark Wilder
6. Unfair
7. Gold Soundz
8. 5-4 = Unity
9. Range Life
10. Heaven Is a Truck
11. Hit the Plane Down
12. Fillmore Jive

======== end of original album =========

13. Camera
14. Stare
15. Raft
16. Cooling by Sound
17. Kneeling Bus
18. Strings of Nashville
19. Exit Theory
20. 5-4 Vocal
21. Jam Kids
22. Haunt You Down
23. Unseen Power of the Picket Fence
24. Nail Clinic

#1-12 from Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
#13-14 from "Cut Your Hair" released 1994
#15-16 from "Range Life" released 1994
#17-19 from "Gold Soundz" released 1994
#20 from "Gold Soundz" Australian tour ep released 1994
#21-22 from 7" included with Crooked Rain
#23 from "No Alternative" released 1993
#24 from "Hey Drag City" released 1993

DISC TWO

After the Glow (Where Eagles Dare)

1. All My Friends
2. Soiled Little Filly
3. Range Life
4. Stop Breathing
5. Ell Ess Two
6. Flux = Rad
7. Bad Version of War
8. Same Way of Saying
9. Hands Off the Bayou
10. Heaven Is a Truck (Egg Shell)
11. Grounded
12. Kennel District
13. Pueblo (Beach Boys)
14. Fucking Righteous
15. Colorado
16. Dark Ages
17. Flood Victim
18. JMC Retro
19. Rug Rat
20. Strings of Nashville (instrumental)
21. Instrumental
22. Brink of the Clouds
23. Orange Black
24. Tartar Martyr
25. Pueblo

#1-21 previously unreleased
#22-25 from John Peel Session Feb 26, 2004

Fuckwittio

Should be interesting. I notice a few of the bonus tracks must be early versions of tracks from their fucked masterpiece Wowee Zowee! Wonder if that's going to get the full treatment next year?

non capisco

splattermac

Malkmus news

QuoteMatt Amis reports:
Last Friday, we at Pitchfork were given the opportunity to reveal to you all the exciting details of Matador's forthcoming expanded reissue of Pavement's 1994 classic, Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, due in stores October 26th. Now your pal and ours (especially ours), Stephen Malkmus, has announced even more exciting details on a completely other project: his third post-Pavement album with backing band The Jicks.

A post on the official Jicks website back in late July had Malkmus in fine song-naming form, rattling off titles for several of the 14 tracks that were then angling for inclusion, including "Kindling for the Master", "Self Portrait as Joe Current", "Pencil Rot", "Malediction", "Invisible Bodies from Unwilling Dimensions", "Mike S in Ape Shape", and "Kendrick Watch the Cat". In addition, a good portion of the still-untitled album has been previewed at recent live performances, including several dates supporting Radiohead on their Hail to the Thief U.S. tour. However, if you didn't feel like standing in line for a week to get those tickets, yet are still in the mood for a little taste of the new-style Jicks, a live version of "It Kills"-- another possible album track-- will be featured on Matador's 15th anniversary compilation, the aptly titled Matador at 15, due October 12th.

Holding forth on the sound of the new record late last week, Malkmus told Billboard: "It's fun. It's tearing shit up in the basement-style. Take no prisoners. I did more of it myself, a little bit like the old Pavement records." Malkmus said that he "took the helm" during the recording process, most of which went down in his very own basement. "I pretty much engineered it myself punching in with my toe, Todd Rundgren-style."

The album, which is presently slated for an April or May release, will serve as the follow-up to 2003's critical love-in Pig Lib, which handily erased any doubts (along with the new PSOI album) about who the musical brains of the Pavement operation was, "Date w/ Ikea" be damned. While the Jicks haven't released any word of an official tracklist or any live shows for the rest of the year, Malkmus will make a few solo appearances in Argentina next month as part of festival shows in Cordoba and Buenos Aires, where you are probably not at.

yay

What a load of old bollocks. Preston School of Industry are much more interesting than Malkmus' recent solo stuff. Pig Lib indeed, chuh.