Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Shaun Ryder show!

Started by Huzzie, February 13, 2004, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huzzie

Appy Poly Logies, if this has already been mentioned. If it has then it is in Stereo Ex but I think it diserves more coverage.

There is a show about SHaun on this weekend, Ithink it is on SUnday but do check tonight and tommorows guide, just in case.

It should be quite interesting, I think it is from Black Grape splitting and him being mad into his gear again but trying to get clean.

Looks good, tyou all know how much i love the man but I think even Blue JAmmer and the other Philistines ;-)may find this interesting.

Rats

Did you know him and Bez decided to form a band when they were in the audience at a fall gig? Do you like the fall Huzzie? I always hear you bigging up manchester bands but I've never heard you mention them.

terminallyrelaxed

Cool. I find Shaun bizarrely entertaining. Never liked The Fall though....

Huzzie

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Cool. I find Shaun bizarrely entertaining. Never liked The Fall though....

Sorry, I think either i am confused or yuo may be.

Shaun is from The HAppy MOndays, Mark E Smith is from LOL NO fall.

Sorry if thyat isnt what you meant. I think you were probably commenting on the Manchester scene as a whole.

blue jammer

Isn't he dead yet?

Sorry Huz, I know you love him, but I really loathe the cunt.

In the extras for 24 hour party people, sat there, yellow, legs shaking, looking retarded, was Shaun Ryder. Jesus H Christ on a bike, he should surely be dead by now?

Huzzie

Fucking hell!!

Where is this? I have searched and searched but cant find it.

Is it an easter egg?

I remember somje of you talking about this so I went off trying to find it but came up with nothing... not so much as a mention of yellow legs. I presumed you meant the 24 HPP TV documentory which was on ITV or 4 just before the fillum came out.

Quote from: "blue jammer"Isn't he dead yet?

In the extras for 24 hour party people, sat there, yellow, legs shaking, looking retarded, was Shaun Ryder. Jesus H Christ on a bike, he should surely be dead by now?

Huzzie

Quote from: "Rats"Did you know him and Bez decided to form a band when they were in the audience at a fall gig? Do you like the fall Huzzie? I always hear you bigging up manchester bands but I've never heard you mention them.

Ahhhh sorry, I missed this. I understand now what TR was going on about.

I think the Fall are a great live band but I have never really been able to get much into them. That isnt to say I dont like the work that I know because I think it's great. The earlier albums are the ones we have.

When I was doing my "band" thing, we used to cover "pay your rates" and "i'm frank".

I think I need to get hold of a good Fall album and spend a bit of time with it.

Which would you reccomend?

And no, I hadnt heard that their inspiration came from a Fall gig. I heard another story but yours sounds better, so I think i'll log that one now.

Rats

Well it's only personal opinion but I think perverted by language is their best. But I think something like "the marshall suite" would be a better place to start, a newer album with a modern sound and really accessable.
The round house at the village (some place for mentalists) seemed to play "step on" constantly, I've heard it played in there about three times. You'd sit in the waiting room listening to the happy mondays "Don't you know he can make you forget you're the man" looking at monet prints on the wall.

blue jammer

Quote from: "Huzzie"Fucking hell!!

Where is this? I have searched and searched but cant find it.

Is it an easter egg?

I remember somje of you talking about this so I went off trying to find it but came up with nothing... not so much as a mention of yellow legs. I presumed you meant the 24 HPP TV documentory which was on ITV or 4 just before the fillum came out.

Quote from: "blue jammer"Isn't he dead yet?

Not sure which disc it's on, but it's on the 2 disc version.
I'll have a look when I get home tomorrow morning and confirm which disc it's on.

Dusty Gozongas

It wasn't too long ago that I had the displeasure of seeing Shaun and his DJing skills.  Clint Boon was okay though.

Shaun was late.  Headphones didn't seem to fit.. Shaun falls on the decks.. pulls aforementioned ill-fitting cans off ees 'ead and staggers offstage.

Worst of all was an audience of cunts who cheered.

Quite dissapointing really.

Doctor Stamen

This is on tonight, 9pm on BBC3, before Catterick.

Huzzie

Fuck.. cant believe i missed it. I know it is only 9:10 but i wanted to tape it on my happy mondays tape, which i have been adding too for several years.

It is repeated tomoz though, could one of you kind whores please give me a bit of a warning, no doubt i will forget.

If someone could email me tommorow at about this time i woudl be so grateful!

edward_smugly and that is a hotmail.com address.

Thanks in advance.

I'm so fucking dumb!

Hope you enjoy it anyway.

random

it was wicked.  shaun, despite his phil mitchellness, is still endearing.  I cant believe the man that fronted the Mondays is skint.  Watching him was a little like watching Ozzy, but without the cash.  He deserves better.  Quite funny when he was performing, and when we saw Bez doing his new song too - they're like the cool dads you wish you'd had.  When I in the future am at any party with my daughter, Im going to do the Bez shuffle.  She and her friends cant fail to be impressed.

Huzzie

A lad I have just recently got to know, is good mates witrh Bez.

This lad is actually dying right now. He has had a really shit life but it looks like it wont last much longer. He shared a needle once, back in the "madchester" days and picked up HIV, which has recenlt turned to AIDS. There is a big party going down for him, I am invited and so is Bez and Shaun, it should be a good buzz actually, sounds really interesting.

Heroin seems to be better than any prescribed drug this lad has been given, it seems to be the only thing which is making his life half bearable. Of course though, he must stay away from it and spend the rest of his days in agony and misery because it woudl be WRONG for him to take smack!

God, I hate this world so much.

hoverdonkey

Huzzie, I've often thought this, but you live in such a different world to me.