Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:43:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KLF

Started by the psyche intangible, May 17, 2015, 02:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
There are tickets still available.  Keep trying.

Head Gardener

bet they release a numbered ltd edition one sided test pressing on red vinyl for the first 300 through the gates

Quote from: Head Gardener on July 23, 2017, 10:19:13 PM
bet they release a numbered ltd edition one sided test pressing on red vinyl for the first 300 through the gates

Doubtful.  We might get a robe though.

I managed to get a ticket for this after loads of stress.  My wife thinks we're going to get killed at it.

Head Gardener

well done! but at least you can be sure they will burn your body afterwards

Twed

KALE-F
UH HUH
UH HUH UH HUH

BOOP BIP
BOOP
KALE-F IS GONNA ROCK YA
ANCIENTS OF MU

Twed

purlieu

[tag]ancients of poo poo[/tag]

Twed

I simply stopped before the second mu. Because I was not ready.

buzby

Quote from: weekender on July 24, 2017, 06:36:50 PM
Quote from: Twed on July 24, 2017, 04:50:06 PM
ANCIENTS OF MU
Not sure that bit's right.
Yes, it's 'ANCIENTS OF MU MU', a sample of Chike's backing vocals from the JAMs debut single All You Need Is Love

Captain Z

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b091zz3q

Radio documentary about them this coming Sunday, including some insight into the event in Liverpool.

Rocket Surgery

A big old daft silly that popped up on b3ta the other day:

They're having a fucking field day with the Brucie news over there, incidentally.

buzby

They arrived at 23 minutes past midnight last night, driving down Bold St in an old Bedford ice cream van. I don't think it was their original one though, as going by the registration plate it looked like this in 2016:

It was playing the riffs from What Time Is Love and Justified & Ancient on it's chimes.

Ford Timelord also made an appearance, though I susoect it was the Project: Ford Timelord replica that some bloke made and then put up for sale in 2011, but wearing the correct registration plates (Jimmy may have even bought it and transferred the registration over) and the JAMs Mini Moke from the It's Grim Up North press adverts.

They even had the K2 Plant Hire brick 'People's Pyramid and the (rather battered) 'T' speaker stack in the window of the News From Nowhere.

The bridges on the M62 into Liverpool have also apparently been graffitied.

Today's event was the hearing and judgement into Why they burnt a million quid.

Ambient Sheep

There was a bit about the book signing on the BBC News Channel on Wednesday.

purlieu

There's some invented band called Badger Kull, and one of the 'tasks' volunteers have been given is becoming a mega-fan and gushing about them all over the internet and social media. #badgerkull was trending on Twitter for almost all of yesterday.

Wet Blanket

@vxpeax on Twitter is providing an interesting running commentary on events in Liverpool alongside a blog

I love this kind of horseshit. Probably wouldn't have paid £20.23 for a mug though.

purlieu

QuoteSome roles were issued to just one individual, such as the swimmer who is now in charge of procuring a Perch from the River Mersey.
QuoteA selection of other roles I have since heard about are; Traffic cone collector, trolley collector, tyre collector, skull painter, bishop, graduation certificate preparer, grave digger, coffin barer, plant collector
QuoteToday bands pay for sponsored content on social media and work tirelessly to increase their following. Here the Drummond, Cauty and Co have managed to produce a mechanism that creates its own hype, its own fans, its own myth and got people to pay for the pleasure of being fans and working for the band. They'd achieved more in a couple of hours than most bands can in months and didn't spend a penny.
Tremendous.

steveh

I like the slightly ramshackle nature of it as Drummond and Cauty corral a bunch of mostly middle-aged fans through events that seem somewhere between art project, situationist prank and children's party game.

Get your posters, mugs, t-shirts and hi-viz vests here: http://l-13.org/product-category/by-product/dead-perch-merch/

phantom_power

KLF are one of those bands where I like the ideas and iconography a lot more than the music. I don't dislike the music (though some of it I am not to keen on) but they are much better in concept than execution

Twed

Quote from: phantom_power on August 25, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
KLF are one of those bands where I like the ideas and iconography a lot more than the music. I don't dislike the music (though some of it I am not to keen on) but they are much better in concept than execution
I like the music, but I agree about their iconography. They're like Coil, but for pop.

Sebastian Cobb

If that was the book launch, presumably the klf book i pre-ordered in feb should've turned up, but it hasn't.

buzby

Quote from: danielreal2k on August 25, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
Jarvisfied and Ancient

https://www.youtube.com/embed/btPZhr4FYew
Marvellous. I just watches their Day Of The Dead ritual at Clarence Dock (opposite the Invisible Wind Factory, where tonight's event is taking place). They had built a pyramid funeral pyre. with the coffins in the middle (which I'm guessing are intended to represent Bill and Jimmy). Pipe and drum band, the last post on a bugle and then it was lit with a burning torch. Plenty of chanting of Badger Kull (who seem to be made up of 4 of the volunteers who could play instruments) afterwards

Edit:
Ah, it seems they have gone into the undertaking business for real - https://mumufication.com/
They have reactivated the K2 People's Pyramid idea by using bricks that will be fired using 23 grams of your cremated ashes (at a cost of £99). It will be 23 feet high, made of 34592 bricks and built in Toxteth (hance the Toxteth Day Of The Dead). They are also selling Koffins 4 Life (£999) and for £9999 they (or thier future representatives) will perform the funeral with the Ice Kream Van hearse.

Twed

OIh my god it's all beautiful

bomb_dog

Quote from: Wet Blanket on August 24, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
@vxpeax on Twitter is providing an interesting running commentary on events in Liverpool alongside a blog

Updates on all three days of the event have now been posted. I've read through them all and although it seems like an interesting time was had, it's all a bit 'something and nothing'.

Lots of larks and I'm sure there'll be plenty of 'you had to be there' type thoughts from all concerned. Day 2 seemed like people having pent-up creativity just 'waiting to be allowed to be released', crossed with management team building exercises.  If it allows some of those people to try something new and different, then fair enough.

justin_bennett

All I can say is that I was assigned the task of Grave Digger and yesterday (Friday) was possibly the best day of my life. Reckon I had the best job in the house as I had a special outfit (limited edition of 4) and no talent was required (silver wristband for the dressing room: "Jimmy and Bill made me do it"). Was stage right at the Jarvis reveal and it was a beautiful sight - had to remain deadpan and only just saw it from the crowd on YouTube there. Tears in my eyes.

The "Great Pull North" was insane - after the first mile my spade weighed a ton (behind the bishops behind the ice cream van) but I was being refreshed by kind souls handing me beers all the way. The filth had no idea how to handle it and sensibly fucked off rather than cause a riot.

Admittedly Day 2 was hard work; especially when I had to stand up and present my Chapter's work right at the start on my own. Thankfully all the Kids From Fame types made sure that no one would remember me.

All in all, a magnificent few days that will haunt me (in a good way) until I fill my brick...

Sebastian Cobb

Quality.

As it happens, this turned up today...

BURN THE SHARD
https://bidolito.co.uk/jams/

23rd (of course) November.

Await further instructions.