Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

E3 2015

Started by Bored of Canada, May 17, 2015, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

IT'S FUCKIN' DOOM YOU TWATS

Thursday

Who are you talking to?

madhair60

Junglist

madhair gets it the sexy fucker, DOOM is life.

Benjaminos

Someone on the SA forums pointed out that those fatalities and the chainsaw kills lock you into place while the animation plays out. That's more Gears of War than DOOM, so I'm tempering my enthusiam somewhat.

Onken

Videogamer are doing live and in character commentary for the Microsoft presentation.

3 minutes away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0Cm6hCRGg

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Hank Venture on June 15, 2015, 04:37:52 AM
Bethesda smashed it. Fallout 4 looks amazeballs. Amazeballs. Amaze. Balls.

Seen anything on top of the trailer that came out the other week to suggest that, or is it more of the same?

Hank Venture

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 15, 2015, 05:46:12 PM
Seen anything on top of the trailer that came out the other week to suggest that, or is it more of the same?

No, it's definitely more than is in the trailer. Well worth a look.

Graphics still stink but mechanically looks sick. So psyched you can play as a woman, too. Get my stiffy awwwnnnnn!

Onken

Xbox 360 backwards compatibility (download only?), Fallout 4 PC mods and a Rare Collection.

Those were the three biggest things Microsoft announced.

3/10

mobias

Yeah I'm not blown away by any of Microsoft's offerings there. Is backwards compatibility such a big deal over 18 months since the console came out? Bit late as a selling point I think.

Thursday

It wasn't a bad conference really. Backwards compatability is a surprisingly big deal for a lot of people. But certainly not enough to make me think I need another console.

mobias

Fucking hell. Starwars Battle Front looks amazing. Absolutely dreadful EA press conference other than that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20

Thursday

Yep. Although I don't believe the actual game will end up being that good because other people online will be twats and will ruin it somehow.

Ignatius_S

And meant to be an alpha build too!

Onken

I think the backwards compatibility makes PlayStation Now look a bit crap. If I could play all the PS+ PS3 games I've amassed on the PS4 for no charge I'd be made up. I wouldn't be that fussed about the discs just let me play Fallout 3 streaming to the system.

mobias

Quote from: Thursday on June 15, 2015, 10:29:47 PM
Yep. Although I don't believe the actual game will end up being that good because other people online will be twats and will ruin it somehow.

It has a full single player mode too though thankfully.

VegaLA

Is that the Great Tom Baker narrating the SW: The Old Republic expansion pack trailer?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: VegaLA on June 15, 2015, 11:34:53 PM
Is that the Great Tom Baker narrating the SW: The Old Republic expansion pack trailer?

Nah.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: mobias on June 15, 2015, 10:45:06 PM
It has a full single player mode too though thankfully.

No campaign/story mode though.

Consignia

Quote from: Ignatius_S on June 15, 2015, 11:48:55 PM
New South Park RPG - yay! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6P5gpNan0

Yeah, just watched the trailer. Had a big grin on my face when
Spoiler alert
Professor Chaos
[close]
appeared.

Thursday

Slightly better than EA, but that was dragged out for longer than it needed to be.

Onken

I can't think of a single Ubisoft game I'd be willing to buy. The Division is something you'd spend 15 minutes playing the demo of before it confirms your suspicion that its actually shite.

I am legitimately creaming my pants about Fallout 4 now. Crafting and personalisation is going to make a HUGE difference to me. One of my biggest complaints with Fallout 3 was that I was not really surviving in the world and so much of what was lying around was totally useless. I really like the idea that I can build my own little enclave in the wasteland. It's a shame that it appears to only be in certain areas though, I can see a lot of people being very into playing the game just fixing up the entire wasteland.

Onken

Videogamer E3 2015: Sony PS4 Conference Livestream

Their coverage has made E3 bearable. I'm knackered at this point.

Thursday

Yep, although I'm worried about how well they'll keep things up now. They must be exhausted.

Anyway let's savour these moments where it's still theoretically possible Last Guardian could be announced. Before they start addressing their shareholders.

Junglist

It's happening!

My life is complete, hold me.

Thursday

Well that showed me.

Junglist

Final Fantasy 7 remake!

I'm marking out right now.