Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,484
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

E3 2015

Started by Bored of Canada, May 17, 2015, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: mobias on June 16, 2015, 01:12:34 PM
The player is fully in control of the vehicle. Uncharted 4 is apparently made up of  multiple levels with each level being a mini open world unto itself with numerous different paths through it. It's all to make the game seem less linear and scripted. You should be able to play through the game multiple times and have a somewhat different experience each time. Sounds interesting if it all works out.

I reckon they exagerating about that. It's not going to be able to choregraph these cinematic set pieces if its as open as that.

Thursday

I'm intrigued but also baffled by that Horizon: Zero Dawn game. Robot dinosaurs is one of those conepts that sounds completely ridiculous, but why not because video games. It looks intriguing for the developers of Killzone the most boring game ever.

Old Nehamkin

Fucking hell, that Last Guardian trailer looks right up my street. Clambering about and solving puzzles in a beautiful, tranquil, desolate environment. Great.

I don't really keep up on these things, but does anyone reckon there's any chance of Nintendo announcing a proper 3D Mario game later on? I liked 3D World fine from what I played of it but something more expansive and less linear like 64 or Galaxy would pretty much make me run out to buy a Wii U the moment it came out.

Hank Venture

Quote from: gout_pony on June 16, 2015, 11:52:19 AM
Cuphead looks ludicrously tasty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjUPXAn2Rg

Fleischer style gummy graphics with constant plasmatic movements! Parping insistent jazz score! Hopefully not too much old-school 1920s racism!

Very excited for this.

One of the highlights of the show thus far. Looks so *fun*. Just pure old fun.

Kelvin

Should be able to watch the Nintendo event here in a few minutes. Starts at 5, I think.

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Onken

Videogamer Nintendo Conference Commentary

If you're already bored to tears listen to these two.

BritishHobo

Are the Developer sections always this drawn out and filled with meaningless talking? Miyamato explained that there are animals in Starfox because he decided it should be based on animals, and the lead character is a fox because he decided the lead character should be a fox. Whoever else explaining that the new Zelda game is similar to other Zelda games so it should hopefully appeal to fans of the Zelda games.

Kelvin

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 16, 2015, 05:21:58 PM
Are the Developer sections always this drawn out and filled with meaningless talking? Miyamato explained that there are animals in Starfox because he decided it should be based on animals, and the lead character is a fox because he decided the lead character should be a fox. Whoever else explaining that the new Zelda game is similar to other Zelda games so it should hopefully appeal to fans of the Zelda games.

The most laughable bit was when he said people like going under arches so he had built the game around that.

I almost wondered is that was intentionally inserted to become a meme like the running into horses line last year.

Kelvin

They better have something big saved up for the end, because since Star Fox this has divebombed horribly.

Obel

Quote from: Kelvin on June 16, 2015, 05:23:23 PM
The most laughable bit was when he said people like going under arches so he had built the game around that.

I almost wondered is that was intentionally inserted to become a meme like the running into horses line last year.

Hahaha

My favourite games conference thing still has to be describing Genji 2's "famous battles that actually took place in ancient Japan" before moving on to show you a boss fight against a giant enemy crab.

Kelvin

Nintendo. Guys. This is bullshit.

Kelvin

Yoshi's Wooly World looks great, I must admit. Even if this person chatting over it is boring my tits off.

hayduke_lives

Professor Brian Cox has let himself go

kittens

this is bullshit lads

show me good game

Kelvin

I genuinely think Nintendo might be mental after watching them end on that.

Kelvin

That was worse than the Tory win in May.

Onken

The last few couple have been shite but fuck me do they even care anymore.

Videogamer Square Enix Conference Livestream Commentary

Kelvin

Quote from: Onken on June 16, 2015, 05:53:10 PM
The last few couple have been just as shite but fuck me do they even care anymore.

Last years was pretty good, I thought. Zelda, big Smash Bros character reveals, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, Starfox and Mario Maker all first revealed. A few other things that I've forgotten. I certainly recall being pretty happy with it last time. This was awful.

Kelvin

What the fuck is wrong with these people? Shut the fuck up about Miyamoto's fucking arches.

kittens

any chance that they're gonna announce anything else or anything worthwhile? i wanna go play in the park

mobias

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 16, 2015, 01:47:03 PM

I reckon they exagerating about that. It's not going to be able to choregraph these cinematic set pieces if its as open as that.

Its possible its more linear in some areas than it is in others. When they demoed that walkthrough of one of the areas last year they basically said you have to get from point A to point B in any give area and how you chose to do that was up to you and choosing one route over another presented different challenges for which you'd need certain equipment. Knowing how clever Naughty Dog are I reckon they've worked out some way having lots of random scripted events occur somehow.

Kelvin

Quote from: kittens on June 16, 2015, 06:00:51 PM
any chance that they're gonna announce anything else or anything worthwhile? i wanna go play in the park

This Starfox game play is the best thing they've shown so far. Looks great. I doubt we'll see anything new today, though. Might drop a trailer for something over the next few days.

Have fun on the slide.

Old Nehamkin

The Yoshi wool game looks FUCKING DELIGHTFUL MATE but other than that nothing in the Nintendo presentation really excited me at all. Mario Maker might be a laugh, I suppose.

FYI for any fans of Scottish video game podcast Gamewank (featuring Ryan Macleod of Consolevania) they're doing a special E3 livestream on Twitch starting at 7: http://www.twitch.tv/gamewank

Benjaminos

Hells yes, Just Cause 3 looks the absolute tits. Multiple grapple hooks! Real-time dynamic destruction! I can see myself sinking a few hundred hours into that.

Edit: And a new Nier, developed by Platinum. This might be the best E3 in history.

Onken

Just Cause 2 and Nier have something in common. They both cost me a fiver brand new.

I gave up on Nier after the second or third boss.

Benjaminos

Platinum have got good form on the RPG front though. Okami was amazing.

Thursday

That was total shite from Nintendo and Square.

kittens

why are they so proud of mario maker
people have been doing that for years
it's just gonna result in a bunch of too hard mario levels that i'll never have a chance at
i couldn't even finish 3d world ffs

madhair60

nintendo's conference was fucking grim.  emergency direct no doubt incoming.