Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Song Du Jour

Started by weekender, February 02, 2004, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

This would never have happened on my thread.

weekender

Oh start your own bloody thread and let this one rot then, see if I care.

dan dirty ape

Grandaddy - Now It's On

The video has an old man running in a hamster wheel powering a load of toy animals, who are Grandaddy's audience. It's a beautiful song, but the rest of the album is a bit shrugs.

Spiteface

Graham Coxon - Freaking Out

Pisses over anything off "Think Tank". I love this and cannot wait for his new solo album if this is anything to go by.

Spiteface

gazzyk1ns

fanny splendid

splattermac

I'm cheating, one file, four tracks,

rightclicksavetargetas

Outhud, pals of !!!,

!!! were hyped by the cool mags last year and but I only rated a few of their tracks but I like the fact they've been doing their own thing for a good while and they were only flavour of the month because the cool mags decided it, bollocks really when you think about it, makes you feel very false, how to avoid the mainstream and the underground cool vibe at the same time, the answer is exposure, but hypocritically I'm still a mag hag. I have no idea what I'm saying, booze will do that to you, but someone here will get the horn for their sound, Streetdad is pretty cool (there's that word again) I feel all rejectionist and Lydon like.

PS Jutl you are taking the piss, nice try you big kidder

splattermac

now that is a song du jour :)

top narna

Frinky

Quote from: "Spiteface"Graham Coxon - Freaking Out

Thankyou!

I'm still on the first listen. This is ace. I fucking love Coxon, he's as close to God as you can get.

Edit: Eigth time. Can't get enough of this. Also thumbs up on the Ros, too.

Pinball

weekender

Plone - Plaything

Whistley electronic stuff from a group whose music was featured in Blue Jam.

splattermac

I picked the album up cheap but this one stood out, something to do with a little bit in it where it resembles 'all I'm saying pretty baby, la la love you don't mean maybe' by the Pixies, the melody not the words

rightclicksavetargetas - National Forest - Folk

eric claptop

The Kingsbury Manx - Porchlight

Kind of like an american Beta Band (early stuff) or a pleasant Slint sometimes.

http://www.thekingsburymanx.com/m_downloads/kingsbury_manx_porchlight.mp3

p.s. - Shouldn't this topic be sticky?

weekender

Rose of Avalanche - Never Another Sunset

I've posted this before, but it's fucking great, lovely and melancholy (although some people find it depressing) when I've had a bad day.

splattermac

rightclicksavetargetas - Belle & Seb 'I'm a cuckoo'

seeing as I big'd them up in the recommendations thread, I'll put my money where your ears are.

weekender

I love Belle & Sebastien.  There's about seventeen of them you know, it just so happens that 7 are called Belle and 9 are called Sebastien which is where they got their name from.

I feel sorry for John, he doesn't even get a mention.

Rats

I could never stand these. It's awfully sickly. You just know exactly what notes coming next. I put one of their albums on a few years back and I only lasted 4 songs.

weekender

I believe the correct word to describe them is 'twee'.

Subjective shmubjective.

Rats

I'd say `shit` myself. I'm entitled to my opinion more than you are to yours so we'll just leave it at that.

splattermac

I didn't expect a big rufty tufty like you to like them, haven't you got some dinner money to collect?

I thought they were named after the Swiss(?) TV show

edit: yes the avalanches mix is very different :) interesting