Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Song Du Jour

Started by weekender, February 02, 2004, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

Quote from: "Rats"I'd say `shit` myself. I'm entitled to my opinion more than you are to yours so we'll just leave it at that.

What you've failed to realise there is that I am actually better than you in every sense of the word 'better'.  Maybe you'll learn someday, until then, keep on wanking over your pics of me at the VW meets, gutterboy.

Christ, you must be bored in order to be trying and bantering with me at this time.  It's quite early, I'm not even pissed yet.  What was this thread about again?

Rats

By, what a nasty piece of work you are. You're nastiEST and no mistake.

gazzyk1ns

Has everyone got The Avalanches' remix of "I'm a cuckoo"? I'll get weekender to host it this evening if not. It's not brilliant in my opinion but we all like both artists concerned so it's worth a listen and possibly a chat about it.

kidsick5000

peet

Quote from: "weekender"I believe the correct word to describe them is 'twee'.

Subjective shmubjective.
I just love a bit of Twee, me. This is so twee it almost goes through twee and comes out the other side: would-be-goods - the camera loves me

El Unicornio, mang

Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star

Jolly little 50's tune which, after watching Mulholland Drive, now gives me major chills

mr rou-rou

I thought I recognised the name Martin Stephenson, do you have a track by him called 'orange is the colour of joy' and if so can I have a listen, I've only got the Backini remix.

I liked yours Peet

That Fall track reminds me of the soundtrack to some film where a geek/nerd triumphs at something and the camera spins around his happiest day ever with loads of lens flare, the lyrics remind me of Pavement. I can relate so I like that one.

here's mine, 1974 Krauty goodness Harmonia - Watussi rightclicksavetargetas

it's a bit of a quiet recording, give it a healthy dose of turning up

fanny splendid

Arab Strap - Tanned

There's a load more Arab Strap mp3 and videos here

Rats

Oohoohoo, don't let Mark hear you say they sound like Pavement. It's like morris and vls, although pavement are shit. Apparently they've gone so far as to even copy album covers. They even tried to do a vendetta song in marks style called "mark e smith" see if you can get hold of it, it's hillariously bad.

Pinball

mr rou-rou

i saw that Pinball, you laid into Rats for saying your favourite band 'Pavement' were shit.

You should have left it in, I was moved.

Rats

They are shit, mangoliver had them on and the first time I heard the album I though "yeah, this is a bit different, I like this" and then the second time I heard the album I thought it was utter bollocks, all surface, it tricked me at first but they are truly pants.

Pinball

DonkeyRods

Not everybodies thing (not buy a long way) but undoubtedly far too funky for your dad:
Dj Flare - Who Killed Tupac? (Not us, at Least We Dont Think We Did)

Hairy Chin

Took me ages to find out what the hell this was after hearing it in Scrubs, but I finally got it earlier this week; and I'm so happy, I thought I'd share it with you.

Leroy - 'Good Time'

Vermschneid Mehearties

Is that the theme tune to it?

Hairy Chin

No. Although I have the theme tune too, because I'm a geek.

And I've also uploaded it. If you want the link, you can either PM me or wait til tomorrow to avoid me breaking the rules by posting 2 songs.

If only I'd posted that one above 8 minutes earlier. Great sense of timing, me.

Hairy Chin